Training Zone Help

"Can someone create a ________ for me?"
notjarvis

Post by notjarvis »

Okay. It's time to start getting the Training Zone working again, and I need some help to do it.

ACS
Is currently not happening as there is no leadership in place.

I'm looking for someone to take this on, as we currently have no lead for ACS. If your interested in starting up ACS again, or remodelling ACS for the current game climate (for example by tidying and opening out articles if you think thats worthwhile), please get in touch and I'll do all I can to help.

Cadet
There's two things here

1 We are re-writing the Cadet/Cadet II materials to be open for anyone to see. Spunky is leading a great effort on this at the moment but help would be appreciated. Anyone who wishes to help should get in touch

2 I'd like to Restart a Cadet course in some fashion in the near future - if anyone is interested in helping with the actual organisation and running of a course - e.g. posting threads, managing forum groups and Cadet rosters - please get in touch.

AFS

Fwiffo has this in hand, with some wonderful effort on in-game training - if you want to volunteer to help him - read this thread.
BillyBishop

Post by BillyBishop »

I'll help out with documentation on the wiki since I'm there anyway.

I'd love to also snuggle with cadets. :blush:
TangoVictor

Post by TangoVictor »

QUOTE Fwiffo has this in hand[/quote]

Fwif for Training Captain!

I'd also love to help on the wiki.
Dome wrote:QUOTE (Dome @ Dec 12 2012, 05:09 AM) I thought Tango was a 35 y/o Virginian tobacco farmer before I found out he's the same age as my sister. =P
blake420 wrote:QUOTE (blake420 @ Feb 16 2013, 04:42 AM) bah, you can't just take the asl and like it? fine you are demoted to TangoVictor's personal concubine.
"You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not" -John Lennon
BillyBishop

Post by BillyBishop »

TangoVictor wrote:QUOTE (TangoVictor @ Feb 28 2012, 09:04 AM) I'd also love to help on the wiki.
Hohoho, let's talk. :)

Poke me when you're online next.
Terran

Post by Terran »

TangoVictor wrote:QUOTE (TangoVictor @ Feb 28 2012, 04:04 AM) Fwif for Training Captain!
why isn't fwiffo training ZL yet?????????? he's pretty much the only guy doing any actual teaching here.
Last edited by Terran on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
notjarvis

Post by notjarvis »

Terran wrote:QUOTE (Terran @ Mar 2 2012, 05:19 PM) why isn't fwiffo training ZL yet?????????? he's pretty much the only guy doing any actual teaching here.
Honestly
fwiffo has access to all the tools to make the training zone run.

A while ago I let fwiffo knows he can be full ZL if he wishes.

He's happy with the current situation where I do back office stuff when I can.

I'm happy to help out with oversight, any help, access people need etc.
Last edited by notjarvis on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fwiffo

Post by fwiffo »

right now im dividing my time btwn training and writing more web apps for like that monthly top 10 stuff.. im afraid that if i take zl, then dividing my time btwn those 3 jobs will end up suffering in quality in at least two...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A Spathi's Axiom for Survival: "The only brave Spathi is a dead Spathi. RUN YOU FOOLS!"
MrChaos

Post by MrChaos »

Terran hun

We ZLs and Fwiffo got this one under control, mmmkay

MrChaos
Ssssh
vogue

Post by vogue »

@ the ACS issue, you are looking at re writes on an epic level. ALOT has changed since even I played actively let alone to when that @#(! was written. The basic principles apply, but bigger picture things need to have work done. You don't need only one person, you need a committee of people. Normally i'd volunteer but I am still really noob still and getting used to changes, so I ain't going to bother till i play for a month actively.
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ May 5 2013, 08:35 PM) Vogue is clearly #1 and commanding against him feels like commanding against Spideycw at times... though he lacks that little bit of "I don't care who's on my team or what the factions are, it's going to be a stomp anyways" that Spidey managed to pull off in his heyday.
Broodwich

Post by Broodwich »

the faction acs materials have been out of date since i first took it. Besides if you dont know what the different factions are good at then you shouldnt be in acs in the first place :P
QUOTE Drizzo: ha ha good old chap
Drizzo: i am a brit
Drizzo: tut tut
Drizzo: wankarrrrrr
Drizzo: i only have sex whilst in the missionary position[/quote] Fas est et ab hoste doceri - Ovid