Dreg seems to suck now

Development area for FreeAllegiance's Community Core.
Jeruwafi

Post by Jeruwafi »

I'll quote myself.

QUOTE As of CC16 dreg is the most expensive faction in alleg requiring 952 units of helium (3,3 sectors on 1.0 HiHi) to get 1 op, 1 tele, 1 ref, 4 miners total and bare heavy ints (or any adv ship) without any supporting tech (gas etc.). All this while having 2nd worst mining speed in game and highest research cost.

As a comparison belters need 573 units (1,8 sector), IC 750 units(2.5), giga 910 units, rix 944 units and GT 925 units (all roughly 3 and a bit)

Dreg with old yield (used to be 1.35, in cc16 it's 1.2) required 846 units of helium or 2.88 sectors.[/quote]
---
Chiveicrook

v4p-9.62/0.97sw2/4CHhw5/6ln5pr3/5Fck2ma4/7u6/7FLw4DTWXm0l7LSi2e3+7t4Sb8AMPTen4/5a19s0r1/2g7AGPRTV
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Updated cc16 link with modifiable values.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

You can always use He3 mines, their income is sufficiently bumped up now and even though they are light, they are far stronger than Giga mines. And you can easily build four of them next to a fortified base and defend it to kingdom come. Each faction has their econ perks, Dreg has the mines. It's Rix that gets shafted, if anything.

If you find you can't because SY is off, well then, turn SY on. Caps are weak enough now that a 6v6 should easily be a SY game.
Last edited by Spunkmeyer on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

guitarism

Post by guitarism »

So let me get this right, so there is no confusion...

Spunk you're telling me that for Dreg is now meant to use HE mines as part of their standard economy, and that because of that, all games where you play as Dreg should be with SY on.

No faction should be "required" to use X tech in Y way to be competitive. Period. That is not the Allegiance way.
FIZ wrote:QUOTE (FIZ @ Feb 28 2011, 04:56 PM) After Slap I use Voltaire for light reading.
CronoDroid wrote:QUOTE (CronoDroid @ Jan 23 2009, 07:46 PM) If you're going to go GT, go Exp, unless you're Gooey. But Gooey is nuts.
QUOTE [20:13] <DasSmiter> I like to think that one day he logged on and accidentally clicked his way to the EoR forum
[20:13] <DasSmiter> And his heart exploded in a cloud of fury[/quote]
TheCorsair

Post by TheCorsair »

guitarism wrote:QUOTE (guitarism @ Mar 16 2013, 12:29 PM) So let me get this right, so there is no confusion...

Spunk you're telling me that for Dreg is now meant to use HE mines as part of their standard economy, and that because of that, all games where you play as Dreg should be with SY on.

No faction should be "required" to use X tech in Y way to be competitive. Period. That is not the Allegiance way.
+1
"Neither east nor west" Image
UNITED FOREVER IN FRIENDSHIP AND LABOUR
"The clouds are fleeting over every country, we stand fast, for no kind of rain will take away our smiles."
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

guitarism wrote:QUOTE (guitarism @ Mar 15 2013, 06:29 PM) So let me get this right, so there is no confusion...

+1
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

guitarism wrote:QUOTE (guitarism @ Mar 16 2013, 02:29 AM) So let me get this right, so there is no confusion...

+032
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

guitarism wrote:QUOTE (guitarism @ Mar 15 2013, 08:29 PM) So let me get this right, so there is no confusion...

:lol: No, I'm not saying that.

I'm saying it doesn't make any sense to complain about mining and then ignore the other half of the Dreg economic equation. Why do you think He3 mines exist? For @#(!s and giggles? It is absolutely part of the Dreg bonus set. If you find yourself unable to mine, it gives you an option to sustain your economy.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Spunkmeyer wrote:QUOTE (Spunkmeyer @ Mar 16 2013, 09:11 AM) :lol: No, I'm not saying that.
You're not explicitly saying that.
QUOTE I'm saying it doesn't make any sense to complain about mining and then ignore the other half of the Dreg economic equation. Why do you think He3 mines exist? For @#(!s and giggles? It is absolutely part of the Dreg bonus set. If you find yourself unable to mine, it gives you an option to sustain your economy.[/quote]
But you are essentially saying that.
There's a new sheriff in town.
guitarism

Post by guitarism »

So you ARE saying the Dreg is meant to use HE Mines in a regular game.

My problem Spunk is that by making it so that Dreg is essentially forced to buy and use HE Mines, you're taking player choice away from them. No other faction in the game is "balanced" so that they have to use a certain tech in order to progress. All other factions have "using miners to get money" as their basic function - even Giga. The Spec Mines for Giga are a possibility, but not required to win. The way the math is done right now, the way dreg is "balanced" makes it seem/feel like/appear that you need to use HE Mines to win.

Personally, I'd rather see Dreg miners/mining changed so it's more in line with other factions so that I'm not going to need to buy HE Mines in order to keep up with other factions. No other faction is required to do that.
FIZ wrote:QUOTE (FIZ @ Feb 28 2011, 04:56 PM) After Slap I use Voltaire for light reading.
CronoDroid wrote:QUOTE (CronoDroid @ Jan 23 2009, 07:46 PM) If you're going to go GT, go Exp, unless you're Gooey. But Gooey is nuts.
QUOTE [20:13] <DasSmiter> I like to think that one day he logged on and accidentally clicked his way to the EoR forum
[20:13] <DasSmiter> And his heart exploded in a cloud of fury[/quote]