Essential Allegiance Add-Ons

Open forum for new Pilots.
Zero_Falcon

Post by Zero_Falcon »

These are ONLY SOME of the mods contributed by several pilots over the decade, including myself. The reason I am writing this topic is because I believe these add-ons have helped me greatly, both tactically and strategically.

You can find other mods at www.mesialonline.com/Allegiance, including super high-resolution 2048x2048 textures.

(All mods go into your 'Artwork' folder in the Allegiance directory.)

==========================================================

THE NUMBER ONE MOST ESSENTIAL MOD YOU SHOULDN'T BE FLYING WITHOUT:

CortUI
By Cortex

This mod increases your chat lines from the initial value of 5 up to a value of 10. With this you can keep track of the situation better.

Download here. In fact, do it right now!

Custom Screen Resolution

Follow this guide to set your high resolution.

ZFHUD
By Zero_Falcon

I made this mod because flying with the minimap and the ship inventory menu (F4) active blocked my view excessively. So I removed the stupidly unnecessary backgrounds for the minimap and inventory list.

Download ZFHUD_v5

If you have set your HUD to 'Software Style' you might want to download this 'expansion pack': ZFHUD Addon for Software HUD
Drizzo/Doc Izzo wrote:QUOTE (Drizzo/Doc Izzo @ Mar 19 2010, 04:14 PM)
Awesome those were getting in the way sometimes. Now I have more screen to shoot people with.

ThinGauge
By madpeople

Thins the HP, Thrust, Ammo, Energy and Fuel gauges, increasing visibility.

Before and after:

Download

Target Pointers
By Weedman/Solaria

These are much brighter and more noticeable than the originals. The Red Pointer points towards your current target while the Green Pointer points towards where you have been commanded to go/what target you have been commanded to attack/defend/rescue, etc

Microsoft's original vs Weedman's:

Seriously? Look at 1999/2000 Microsoft's original red arrow. It's almost blending into the darkness of space!

Download

Targeting Computer
By Zero_Falcon

This is a giant reticule that extends all the way to the edge of your screen. The purpose of this ret is so that you can watch your bullet streams to see where they will land (as is common practice) while still being assisted by your ret to provide accuracy feedback, no matter where you look.

Features standard Red-To-Green Accuracy feedback as well as independent Red And Green Accuracy feedback.

Download

If you want to revert to the original ret, you can download it here.

CONTROVERSIAL 2x Bullet Size Pack
By Zero_Falcon

This bullet pack increases the VISUAL size of your bullets by 2x, making them more visible.

Includes an extremely visible (because of coloration) nan sprite so you WILL notice if a miner/con is being nanned, and hence you will kill nans quicker :D

Why is this called 'controversial'? Because pretty much everyone else wants smaller bullets. To be honest this just baffles me. My aim is shattered when I try to use their microscopic bullet mods. And microscopic is practically invisible.

Keep in mind that since we're looking at a 2D screen, other than the dist. indicators the apparent size of objects is our only way of judging distance.

Original:

2x:

Microscopic:

Download

Last edited by Zero_Falcon on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phalanxe

Post by Phalanxe »

nice contribution.

i think there was also a thingy that told u aboutscan ranges. that was awesome too
QUOTE 08/15/14 20:08:53: BabelFish (all): there are too many blacks on[/quote]
100%
Zero_Falcon

Post by Zero_Falcon »

Phalanxe wrote:QUOTE (Phalanxe @ Feb 13 2012, 10:11 AM) nice contribution.

i think there was also a thingy that told u aboutscan ranges. that was awesome too
That would be Tigereye's Kneeboard... it can be found in the Misc section of this forum's Downloads page.

I have actually made ZFHUD, the Targeting Computer (and prototypes) and the 2x Bullet Size Pack back in 2010 but it never got as much attention as everyone else's mods :sad:
White Owl

Post by White Owl »

I've spent some of today downloading and testing out various mods, and arrived at a setup very nearly identical to this list. Only significant exception being the smaller sprites, and smaller reticle. Oh, and I haven't yet tried the ZFHUD because I wasn't sure it would be compatible with the CortUI.
Zero_Falcon

Post by Zero_Falcon »

White Owl wrote:QUOTE (White Owl @ Feb 13 2012, 01:03 PM) I've spent some of today downloading and testing out various mods, and arrived at a setup very nearly identical to this list. Only significant exception being the smaller sprites, and smaller reticle. Oh, and I haven't yet tried the ZFHUD because I wasn't sure it would be compatible with the CortUI.
I use ZFHUD together with CortUI. There are no conflicting parameters, so there are no problems :)
Last edited by Zero_Falcon on Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonKarnage

Post by DonKarnage »

honestly, how the $#@! do you aim with that lead indicator covering 80% of the pixels on your screen?
good god.
It is Karnage! Don Karnage! Roll the r!
Makida

Post by Makida »

DonKarnage wrote:QUOTE (DonKarnage @ Feb 13 2012, 07:01 AM) honestly, how the $#@! do you aim with that lead indicator covering 80% of the pixels on your screen?
good god.
It's not enough! The reticule should just be a giant solid rectangle that covers the entire screen, and 100% of the pixels! You wouldn't need to see anything at all -- just AP to target, then wiggle your mouse around until your screen turns green, and that's when you know to start shooting!
TheDevil

Post by TheDevil »

btw I think we should sticky this
fwiffo

Post by fwiffo »

all good stuff thx zero_falcon imma try to sticky this
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A Spathi's Axiom for Survival: "The only brave Spathi is a dead Spathi. RUN YOU FOOLS!"