Join the AFS squad today!

Open forum for new Pilots.
fwiffo

Post by fwiffo »

ur all set deltabacon, welcome!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A Spathi's Axiom for Survival: "The only brave Spathi is a dead Spathi. RUN YOU FOOLS!"
shhhilent1

Post by shhhilent1 »

I just joined.
now what?
it said to look at the forums
i met fwiffo and told me to say hi here
bigbellydude

Post by bigbellydude »

shhhilent1 wrote:QUOTE (shhhilent1 @ Apr 29 2012, 05:56 PM) I just joined.
now what?
Welcome! ;) Look around the forums and the wiki for some expert and some not-so-expert advice on how to play the game. Remember to question everything! :lol:
Some people are like a Slinkie. They aren't good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Yoda: "Do or do not; there is no try, just do." Qui-Gon Jinn: "Your focus determines your reality."
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

shhhilent1 wrote:QUOTE (shhhilent1 @ Apr 29 2012, 08:56 PM) I just joined.
now what?
Hi Sh, Sorry about the game I commed against you last night. (under a hider) Capping you're bases while you are stuck in capitol ships is an old trick that you have to be careful of when playing small games. :)
shhhilent1

Post by shhhilent1 »

raumvogel wrote:QUOTE (raumvogel @ Apr 29 2012, 09:18 PM) Hi Sh, Sorry about the game I commed against you last night. (under a hider) Capping you're bases while you are stuck in capitol ships is an old trick that you have to be careful of when playing small games. :)
you did?
???
I dont remeber this 0_0
AllenFromMars

Post by AllenFromMars »

Hey guys,

I just signed up and am checking everything out. Hopefully I make callbacks, fingers crossed. :)
Fake Squad of the Week: @LUV
fwiffo

Post by fwiffo »

hello and welcome.. is your in-game callsign the same as your forum name, mediocreman?
A Spathi's Axiom for Survival: "The only brave Spathi is a dead Spathi. RUN YOU FOOLS!"
AllenFromMars

Post by AllenFromMars »

yes
fwiffo

Post by fwiffo »

according to my monitoring scripts, your typical online hours are 1am, 11am and 12noon PST (UTC-8) or (900,1900,2000 in UTC)
unfortunately, i play outside of those hours (either sleeping/working), however i may be able to find someone whose schedule is more compatible with your typical playing times.

can you confirm your hours before i proceed to match you up with someone?

also keep in mind, the best chances to find lots of pilots playing at the same time (based on past results):

http://spathiwa.com/pp
AllenFromMars

Post by AllenFromMars »

Right now my times are a little wonky because I've been dealing with a mild case of not being able to get to sleep.

I'm trying to get into a more normal sleep schedule, which should free up more time in the mornings. I'm USA Mountain Standard, so I'm free on UTC 16-21 on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and UTC 9-13 on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Edit: I can conform to the time when most ppl are active. If everything goes well I might be able to bring over some friends from another game, so I can play w/ them if worst comes to worst.
Last edited by AllenFromMars on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.