NI vs SysX

Tactical advice, How-to, Post-mortem, etc.
fwiffo

Post by fwiffo »

also any perception of us not finishing the game on purpose is completely unfounded and can be completely blamed on our comm for buying a 4th miner too early and less than efficient mining paths due to objectionable tp placement.

basekilling tech was coming by way of sy, had we gone bbrs, it wouldve most likely taken even longer.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A Spathi's Axiom for Survival: "The only brave Spathi is a dead Spathi. RUN YOU FOOLS!"
Dorjan

Post by Dorjan »

fwiffo wrote:QUOTE (fwiffo @ Jan 30 2012, 06:44 PM) also any perception of us not finishing the game on purpose is completely unfounded and can be completely blamed on our comm for buying a 4th miner too early and less than efficient mining paths due to objectionable tp placement.

basekilling tech was coming by way of sy, had we gone bbrs, it wouldve most likely taken even longer.
This is entirely the point then. I wasn't there but if the game was won but you couldn't end it then the resign was warranted.
I decided to relive the days gone by in my new blog.
---
Remember, what I say is IMO always. If I say that something sucks, it actually means "I think it sucks" OK?
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Jan 31 2012, 03:09 PM) True story.

Except the big about dorjan being jelly, that's just spidey's ego.
ImageImage
HSharp

Post by HSharp »

Dorjan wrote:QUOTE (Dorjan @ Jan 30 2012, 06:54 PM) This is entirely the point then. I wasn't there but if the game was won but you couldn't end it then the resign was warranted.
How can a game be won without being able to end it.

I remember a glorious game with Rix Rainbow tech faced against spidey with IC home sup, in the end it took like a 10 battleships rushing the aleph after firing 10 aleph res's after mcw and craftycelt wouldn't listen to me about tp2'ing capships in and mowing down defenders. Even though spidey was faced with insurmountable odds (I think the map was star or somewhere where there are 2 home alephs) he still managed to bomb some techbases making Rix non-rainbow instead.

And then you have the grav school of commanding where you prepare your team by intaking copious amounts of caffeine and then using sleep as a weapon.
fwiffo

Post by fwiffo »

Dorjan wrote:QUOTE (Dorjan @ Jan 30 2012, 10:54 AM) This is entirely the point then. I wasn't there but if the game was won but you couldn't end it then the resign was warranted.
no man, the point is that we were ending it. it just took a little longer more because of our comm's level of expertise. (sorry phal, dont mean to keep beating dead horse) but seriously... the game was only 30mins total AND _they_ had more kills. surely that should be some indication that both teams were trying their best and not just wasting time whoring.

imo, resign or not has no bearing on the amount of satisfaction coming from a win. 99% of it comes from having played the game well, as a team, regardless of winning or losing. besides, it's not like you can prevent the other side from resigning either. just like there's nothing you can do to prevent mirror mu's. why does everyone make a big deal out of that anyway?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A Spathi's Axiom for Survival: "The only brave Spathi is a dead Spathi. RUN YOU FOOLS!"
fuzzylunkin1

Post by fuzzylunkin1 »

fwiffo wrote:QUOTE (fwiffo @ Jan 30 2012, 02:22 PM) imo, resign or not has no bearing on the amount of satisfaction coming from a win. 99% of it comes from having played the game well, as a team, regardless of winning or losing. besides, it's not like you can prevent the other side from resigning either. just like there's nothing you can do to prevent mirror mu's. why does everyone make a big deal out of that anyway?
I dunno, I think there's a "point of no return" where doing your best to work together is no loner satisfying.

We could have resigned after you killed our opening OP.
Dorjan

Post by Dorjan »

fwiffo wrote:QUOTE (fwiffo @ Jan 30 2012, 07:22 PM) no man, the point is that we were ending it. it just took a little longer more because of our comm's level of expertise. (sorry phal, dont mean to keep beating dead horse) but seriously... the game was only 30mins total AND _they_ had more kills. surely that should be some indication that both teams were trying their best and not just wasting time whoring.
Fair enough, time scales weren't mentioned so I assumed "delayed" meant 10-20 minutes rather than 1-2 minutes.
fwiffo wrote:QUOTE (fwiffo @ Jan 30 2012, 07:22 PM) imo, resign or not has no bearing on the amount of satisfaction coming from a win. 99% of it comes from having played the game well, as a team, regardless of winning or losing.
Exactly. Take the best bits of the game, the end can sometimes be a drag, we must all accept that. In them times it shouldn't be frowned upon for one side to resign for everyone to keep the high of the great gameplay and not walk away remembering the 20 minutes wait to be destroyed.
fwiffo wrote:QUOTE (fwiffo @ Jan 30 2012, 07:22 PM) besides, it's not like you can prevent the other side from resigning either.
Well ofc not, but it's frowned upon heavily and causes drama which is why I brought it up for discussion. (and certain times like resigning after 9 minutes should cause drama imo :D )
I decided to relive the days gone by in my new blog.
---
Remember, what I say is IMO always. If I say that something sucks, it actually means "I think it sucks" OK?
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Jan 31 2012, 03:09 PM) True story.

Except the big about dorjan being jelly, that's just spidey's ego.
ImageImage
ryujin

Post by ryujin »

My apologies for missing. But fact of the matter is that not resigning squad games is a silly policy if the other team has adv tech and a SY versus enh tech. You can only toy with your food so long.
*#$@faced $#@!tard Troll
Phalanxe

Post by Phalanxe »

fwiffo wrote:QUOTE (fwiffo @ Jan 30 2012, 11:22 AM) no man, the point is that we were ending it. it just took a little longer more because of our comm's level of expertise. (sorry phal, dont mean to keep beating dead horse) but seriously... the game was only 30mins total AND _they_ had more kills. surely that should be some indication that both teams were trying their best and not just wasting time whoring.

imo, resign or not has no bearing on the amount of satisfaction coming from a win. 99% of it comes from having played the game well, as a team, regardless of winning or losing. besides, it's not like you can prevent the other side from resigning either. just like there's nothing you can do to prevent mirror mu's. why does everyone make a big deal out of that anyway?

MY HONOUR HAS BEEN COMPROMISED. I SHALL BEAT YOU TO DUEL TOMORROW AT NOON.

i know i suck anyway
QUOTE 08/15/14 20:08:53: BabelFish (all): there are too many blacks on[/quote]
100%
vogue

Post by vogue »

you don't resign in allegiance because it's a lot more likely a team full of varying skill levels and though processes is bound to make a mistake than a single person moving in the same direction.

it's the same principle in dota, those chinese teams don't even resign if they lose 2/3 sets of raxes if there's even a glimmer of hope in winning a team fight and raxing back.

granted the resign in this game was probably warranted because NI sucks massive chode and probably couldn't even beat clint, but for any respectable alleg team I don't see why they'd resign as long as there was a hope in somehow winning a game.

can't tell you the amount of times i've mounted comebacks against insurmountable odds just because the other team started $#@!ing around, and those my friends are the sweetest and best moments of alleg.

so tl;dr stop being $#@!ing pansies and man up

edit: extra "the"
Last edited by vogue on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ May 5 2013, 08:35 PM) Vogue is clearly #1 and commanding against him feels like commanding against Spideycw at times... though he lacks that little bit of "I don't care who's on my team or what the factions are, it's going to be a stomp anyways" that Spidey managed to pull off in his heyday.
TangoVictor

Post by TangoVictor »

I'm a noob in a squad. I had fun. NI mostly plays to have fun. We play to win, but it's a game. Thank you SysX for the game.
Dome wrote:QUOTE (Dome @ Dec 12 2012, 05:09 AM) I thought Tango was a 35 y/o Virginian tobacco farmer before I found out he's the same age as my sister. =P
blake420 wrote:QUOTE (blake420 @ Feb 16 2013, 04:42 AM) bah, you can't just take the asl and like it? fine you are demoted to TangoVictor's personal concubine.
"You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not" -John Lennon