training mission 3 bug

A place to post suggestions for new features, new bugs, and comments about the existing code.
Bunnywabbit

Post by Bunnywabbit »

when the instructor asks to press spacebar ( 'fire weapon') the custom keymap is not referenced. Mouse1 does not work if it's mapped to fire weapon.

In the previous instruction where C is target center, the mission does pick up on custom key settings.

(important because training mission won't continue unless this button event takes place).
Last edited by Bunnywabbit on Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage current version r158 new beta as of jan 23 2012
HSharp

Post by HSharp »

Are you saying that your custom key setting for target center is not C and it picks it up and works.

I thought training missions use default keymap and the only way to make it work with custom keymap is to open your keymap (as if you were changing it) during the mission and then pressing accept.

I haven't looked at the code though so I don't know if the trigger to continue the mission is pressing the center button or targeting an object.
Bunnywabbit

Post by Bunnywabbit »

no, the training missions pick up on custom keymaps these days. I mentioned the 'target center' bit to point out that that part works as in, it accepts my custom key for targeting center. Not so for the 'fire weapon' key, for which the training mission demands the spacebar regardless of custom key layout. clicking mouse1 for 'fire weapon' does not trigger the event the mission is waiting for.

Play the mission, it's dreary but you'll see what i mean.
TurkeyXIII

Post by TurkeyXIII »

Probably because mouse clicks are handled differently. Fixable, but needs a ticket.
QUOTE (Randall Munroe)14.2: Turkey consumption rate of the average American in milligrams per minute[/quote]
Bunnywabbit

Post by Bunnywabbit »

Trying to reopen ticket #241 and changing type to 'defect'.

comment:

"But all is not well.

Training Mission 3 does not register the mouseclick for 'fire weapon'. See: http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index...showtopic=64889

Also the fact that the instructions and the keymap do not correspond at all has not been adressed. The mission chat should mention the appropriate key or mousebutton name from the config files. Then re-voicing the audio file would make sense.

This cannot be hard to code."

Trac though this was Spam and put me in a perpetual captcha loop. :mad:

"Submission rejected as potential spam (TypePad says content is spam)"
Last edited by Bunnywabbit on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TurkeyXIII

Post by TurkeyXIII »

Yeah I got told I was spam too.

Made a thread in site feedback: http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/index...showtopic=64895
Last edited by TurkeyXIII on Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
QUOTE (Randall Munroe)14.2: Turkey consumption rate of the average American in milligrams per minute[/quote]
Bunnywabbit

Post by Bunnywabbit »

created new ticket to specifically adress this issue. http://trac.alleg.net/ticket/247

the part where I ask for a function/macro/whatever that can parse the keymap file is set as an enhancement.