Where is XC07..?

From the Dark Nebula, a new star is born.
Clay_Pigeon

Post by Clay_Pigeon »

Nightflame wrote:QUOTE (Nightflame @ Oct 6 2011, 04:20 PM) So, what can you do to make xc07 popular? Nerf TF scouts.
Am I the only person who thinks that minigun TF scouts ARE a nerf?
"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." -2 Cor 12:9
"Never know how long I've waited, anticipated your smile pressed against mine." -Running
DonKarnage

Post by DonKarnage »

Clay_Pigeon wrote:QUOTE (Clay_Pigeon @ Oct 6 2011, 01:55 PM) Am I the only person who thinks that minigun TF scouts ARE a nerf?
I thought so too :o

would people be happier if they had their boosters removed?
It is Karnage! Don Karnage! Roll the r!
BillyBishop

Post by BillyBishop »

Actually the mg tf scouts are an interesting design choice, with the way mg's work on utl hull it seems sane.

Speaking for myself I like options so I miss the removal of some of the GA's, I'd prefer more not less.

The economy changes I know are just starting to be looked at so it's hard to say where that will lead to disappointment.

I really like that TT's can cap, I really hate that they can so with 'relative' ease.

For me the one thing that I dislike the most is that giga starts with patties, also sy still needs much work.

Lots of good things and bad things in XC. XC07 should be interesting.
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

in terms of your average pug with TF, TF scouts having miniguns instead of gats is a nerf given how it's more difficult for a TF scout to @#(! on the other team's inevitably undefended miners and cons

as for the yield part of economies, simultaneously having high yield and high costs is kind of pointless. the only thing that serves to accomplish is that the he3 yield GA (which is already kind of stupid because, well, essentially free money to one tech path that already has, on average, lower costs than the other tech paths is kind of dumb, and making it available to everyone in garrison would make it a must-buy all the time, and at that point i might as well just slash $4.5k out of every faction's payday and increase their yields by 21%) is that much more effective for those particular factions. yield 2 increases belter's yield from 1.25 to 1.5125. when dreg still had 1.35 yield, yield 2 increased that to 1.63

and for those crying about "omg i can't pod things with small shields anymore!11!" well, the numbers might be a little high, and to that end i'd probably tweak the standard gat/mini damage modifiers vs. shields upwards from .5

and most people are not very good at the game anyway - the complaints i initially heard about the new shield numbers were "OMG SCOUTS CAN'T POD EACH OTEHR 1V1 ANYMORE!111!" which, well, i shouldn't even need to comment on that. beyond that, no, i'm not going to balance strictly around 1:1 engagements, either - the shield numbers are not a problem if your team performs like a team, concentrates fire and focuses targets down and sticks to group engagements!

if you present an anecdote or an example that's like, "well we lost in this situation because these fighters broke off, recharged their shields really fast and then turned around and killed us" that's something i'd be more willing to look at. if you start with "well i was dming and-" i'm just going to tune you out right there!
Terran

Post by Terran »

bring hvy scouts backkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
ChaoticStorm

Post by ChaoticStorm »

Terran wrote:QUOTE (Terran @ Oct 7 2011, 07:42 AM) bring hvy scouts backkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
+3
Dorjan

Post by Dorjan »

Playing with belters the other night, the shield thing was really felt. Didn't mean belters are useless by a long shot but did feel that GT's tank figs were super compared.
I decided to relive the days gone by in my new blog.
---
Remember, what I say is IMO always. If I say that something sucks, it actually means "I think it sucks" OK?
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Jan 31 2012, 03:09 PM) True story.

Except the big about dorjan being jelly, that's just spidey's ego.
ImageImage
DonKarnage

Post by DonKarnage »

Dorjan wrote:QUOTE (Dorjan @ Oct 9 2011, 09:00 AM) Playing with belters the other night, the shield thing was really felt. Didn't mean belters are useless by a long shot but did feel that GT's tank figs were super compared.
1 on 1 maybe, but if you go as a team, stay close together, and have 1 or 2 pilots combat nanning well, belters are hard as $#@! to take down.
It is Karnage! Don Karnage! Roll the r!
MrChaos

Post by MrChaos »

DonKarnage wrote:QUOTE (DonKarnage @ Oct 9 2011, 04:49 PM) 1 on 1 maybe, but if you go as a team, stay close together, and have 1 or 2 pilots combat nanning well, belters are hard as $#@! to take down.
If the Easter Bunny impregnated Santa Claus what would the baby look like... ;)

Translation

The game is played a certain way atm and combat nans are not a common part of the game and are boring as $#@! to fly and about as rewarding as pissing yourself in dark pants. You get a warm feeling in the naughty bits at first, no one really notices, and then as the cold clammy comes over you realized you've pissed yourself.

Sure someone did it one game, and someone else does like it but as a rule combat nanning isn't going to light the world on fire anytime soon... if changes REQUIRE combat nanning the fighter tanks to take down the boss ints then it could bring more people to the game. How the $#@! do I know?

Look I get what Night is saying and I agree in principle with it but you can get the great unwashed to accept only so much change all at once. These core changes aren't insignificant.

Not sure if Ive said one useful, insightful thing here
MrChaos
Ssssh
Terran

Post by Terran »

just like as a rule, hvy scouts were never used to whore on voobs but when i did it everyone started whining and now they are no longer in xc. T_T
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]