CC 13 Preview

Development area for FreeAllegiance's Community Core.
Phalanxe

Post by Phalanxe »

DasSmiter wrote:QUOTE (DasSmiter @ Dec 7 2011, 06:54 PM) Hah crazy thing he wanted to remove pulse probe and make starbase tech unusable after stealing unless the other team also had a starbase. He also wants to even out the cap on factions and decrease the mass of the belt's interceptor. Had to back him off a bunch a crazy I tell you hwat
It's an Outrage!
QUOTE 08/15/14 20:08:53: BabelFish (all): there are too many blacks on[/quote]
100%
link120

Post by link120 »

give me your dota2 account or give me cc13
DasSmiter

Post by DasSmiter »

Test game on the beta on saturday pending a short review of the core. I'll make a news post later today after I look through the numbers and sniff for any blatant mistakes
ImageImageImage
Get over yourselves, don't try to win arguments on the internet where the option of a punch in the mouth is unavailable
"It is not that I cannot create anything good, but that I will not." And to prove this, he created the peacock.
Adept

Post by Adept »

Virulence I wish to congratulate you on your clear thinking about belters ints.

The more I've thought about it, the more I'm mystified about why belters ints suck arse. Belters try to turn every small ship into an interceptor afterall. They are all about boosters, armour instead of shields and miniguns on everything. Their fighters and scouts are heavy and sluggish, but they get extra hull to compensate. The belters int is just the fat kid, with no other real perk to show for it than the ability to mount a nan on the heavy.

I think for the next release we need to seriously think about making the belters int flyable and fun. The dumbfire missiles are a waste of space, and not really a perk at all. The nan use can be adjusted by fiddling with their energy levels (since I suspect people want to keep it).

Basically I don't see why a belters int would be any heavier than any other int. (If it means the exp will be the most played belters path then that is because sup is still too weak in comparison).

Alternatively if the belters int is kept somewhat heavier, it needs real perks to compensate for it... but personally I'd just like to have it be a properly flyable interceptor.
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
Phalanxe

Post by Phalanxe »

i want to know the core changes please, finding out sucks!
QUOTE 08/15/14 20:08:53: BabelFish (all): there are too many blacks on[/quote]
100%
Adept

Post by Adept »

Coming soon Phalanxe. In detail.
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
Raven_42

Post by Raven_42 »

I like the look of these changes.

Code: Select all

[img]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4351/babelfish.png[/img]
link120

Post by link120 »

Adept wrote:QUOTE (Adept @ Dec 10 2011, 12:51 PM) Virulence I wish to congratulate you on your clear thinking about belters ints.

The more I've thought about it, the more I'm mystified about why belters ints suck arse. Belters try to turn every small ship into an interceptor afterall. They are all about boosters, armour instead of shields and miniguns on everything. Their fighters and scouts are heavy and sluggish, but they get extra hull to compensate. The belters int is just the fat kid, with no other real perk to show for it than the ability to mount a nan on the heavy.

I think for the next release we need to seriously think about making the belters int flyable and fun. The dumbfire missiles are a waste of space, and not really a perk at all. The nan use can be adjusted by fiddling with their energy levels (since I suspect people want to keep it).

Basically I don't see why a belters int would be any heavier than any other int. (If it means the exp will be the most played belters path then that is because sup is still too weak in comparison).

Alternatively if the belters int is kept somewhat heavier, it needs real perks to compensate for it... but personally I'd just like to have it be a properly flyable interceptor.
I really
dont
think I should argue balance in this game yet but from what I do understand from my experience as a df pilot and a commander and im sure im better in both than you its

A. Belter sup isnt $#@!ing weak.
B.A faction doesnt need to have all 3 techpathes to be equally strong, having the tac and the sup for belters is superenough and maybe those gunships that spidey would rush and be awesome with too.
C.The dumbfire missiles waste of space?
THATS THE FLYING $#@!ING @#(! FOR MINER O OMFG@#)%_!%(
or if you're hitting an int from behind, and poof, you hit a dumbfire, you fcking podded him

Dont $#@!ing touch the $#@!ing belter ints
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

I pretty much agree with A & C but:
k10xbai wrote:QUOTE (k10xbai @ Dec 11 2011, 03:31 AM) B.A faction doesnt need to have all 3 techpathes to be equally strong
Yes, it does. Even if we agreed that it doesn't for gameplay purposes in general, as long as rock lottery dictates tech base choice, it does.

But Belter ints are heavy the way every Belter ship is heavy, and we already reduced the mass quite a bit. I don't think there is much of a problem.

Part of the problem is nan is not very flexible as far as adjusting goes. If you reduce energy levels, depending on how much, it will either have no effect, or make ints worthless as nans. So any perking needs to be the way it's been done in XC. For now I'd favor leaving them alone.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

link120

Post by link120 »

Besides if fun is the problem with those ints, I beg to differ, nothing is more fun than to ram an bbr/htt with a belter hvy int!

Also @#(! happens and you can get screwed on rocks, and have to go exp, its not really that bad!
Last edited by link120 on Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.