XC06

From the Dark Nebula, a new star is born.
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

nan3 makes normal bomb runs late-game awesome, yo

(and one thing that's probably super overpowered is belter tac and sfs nanning sbs with nan3 but i don't think anyone has realized that yet)
DonKarnage

Post by DonKarnage »

Are you aware that vulcans are using 3x normal ammo?
I'm debating on if we should be switching out the vulcans to autocannons for the well known lousy turret gunners, so they don't suck up all the ammo continually trying to hit a decoy interceptor 2K away :unsure:

By the time 3 gunners managed to kill a single damned interceptor, they were already hit by a reload.
It is Karnage! Don Karnage! Roll the r!
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

that was intentional, yes, although i'm scaling that down to 2 ammo/shot instead of 3
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

main post updated with core file.

I made some last minute tweaks to GT's pulse laser and ion booster, but I'll leave those as a surprise.
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

Posted XC06 on Slayer, anyone who downloads the core can check it out.

Link again:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ropls749isr6l1k

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

Clay_Pigeon

Post by Clay_Pigeon »

I can't help but avoid the feeling that successive iterations of XC are making the factions more and more similar, especially with regards to econ. I confess I have really mixed feelings about this. I'm willing to play the core to see how it goes, but it is kind of painful to see long-established differences between factions being progressively eliminated or minimized.

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but how does the change to miniguns affect a TF scout's efficacy against util craft?
"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." -2 Cor 12:9
"Never know how long I've waited, anticipated your smile pressed against mine." -Running
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

the economic configurations are only really relevant in terms of the game settings/map screen metagame.

the only faction that will play different because of it (and it's not a huge difference) is TF, and that's necessary considering the design of "super high mining speed, low capacity" miners is a huge problem and makes it needlessly difficult to kill their miners

i'm sure spunky will be happy to fill you with his knowledge on the problems with capacity relative to total money and map sizes, but i don't really feel like writing an essay on it (and i think it would be better if the total money modifier on the settings screen was applied not to he3 amount on the map but instead he3 value)
Last edited by NightRychune on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

Here's the essay :D

Take a look at this:
http://www.german-borg.de/stuff/he3.php
Set resources to Med, Total Money to 1.0, common settings. Then look at Star, Hi-Higher, Inside Out block of rows. What you will see is two things:

1) Most of the time IC, Dreg, Belter and Omicron miners are *almost* full. BIOS, Rix, GT and most strikingly Giga miners have a lot of empty space left. TF miners are barely full.
2) Since none of them are full they will all carry the same amount of He3, and bring the same amount of money per load if the yields are the same.
3) Combining #1 and #2, IC, Dreg, Belter and Omicron miners who are supposed to be a at a capacity=money per load disadvantage compared to BIOS, Rix, GT and Giga miners, are not. Not at these settings.

Result: miner-capacity based balance does not work unless there is far more He3 on per rock, which can only be achieved at very high Total Money settings or on Scarce/Scarce+ resources with 2 rocks per He3.

So if you balance based on these common settings, then one could easily move to the higher settings and make BIOS/Rix/GT & Giga much stronger simply by a setting change. If you balance based on the higher money settings, then at the usual settings they'll be much weaker.

So, as far as miner capacity equalization is concerned, Night is fixing a huge long-standing balance problem. He will probably need to tweak other econ related values as the balance situation pans out, and it'll be a headache for him, but it's absolutely the right move. We have been talking about doing this in CC since CC11, but have been too "chicken", frankly.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

ryujin

Post by ryujin »

too "chicken"

BWACK BWACK

(for kero)
*#$@faced $#@!tard Troll
Broodwich

Post by Broodwich »

this is why i liked god core's approach best with making everything cost double the amount. It allows higher money settings that benefit factions with 1.0 capacity and greater without running into the problem of adv tech from 2 sectors
QUOTE Drizzo: ha ha good old chap
Drizzo: i am a brit
Drizzo: tut tut
Drizzo: wankarrrrrr
Drizzo: i only have sex whilst in the missionary position[/quote] Fas est et ab hoste doceri - Ovid