Call for volunteers: merging Allegiance into FS2

Catch-all for all development not having a specific forum.
Imago

Post by Imago »

fuzzylunkin1 wrote:QUOTE (fuzzylunkin1 @ Sep 28 2011, 10:25 AM) aleph "chokepoint" system is one of the main mechanics of
<insert game name here>

:ninja:

These bugs haven't been fixed yet because don't have any developers interested in fixing them up. --Tigereye
Imago's stupid-sensor is supersensitive. --RealPandemonium
The art is managing the flow of the drama to achieve the desired results. --Big_Beta_Tester
joeld wrote:But we’ve been amazed at the level to which some of the Allegiance fans have remained hard-core.
beeman

Post by beeman »

Sorry, I visited the web site to look at progress. You guys are spitballing ideas, but from the limited reading I've done, are going to have real problems comming up with anything close to the gameplay of Allegiance. I'm a fan of doing what you propose, if Allegiance can't be modded to have quality eye candy, then port it to another engine...but it seems like the group is too quick to want to make "sacrifices" to stay true to Allegiance gameplay because of the FS2 limitations and game play. If you are not careful, you'll end up with a mess. I honestly doubt you'll end up with anything at all.

However, if you do, I'll eat crow if it is fun and you let me play :P
"What if, star sailor, I were to come over your house and punch you in the $#@!ing face?!
Will that finally get you to shut the hell up?!?" -- neotoxin
kaiser33

Post by kaiser33 »

SP4WN wrote:QUOTE (SP4WN @ Jul 30 2011, 08:58 AM) Lol Spunk, first point is about plugging allegiance into the fs2 system.
ships should be visible phisically even if not on scanners. that would be realistic compared to being in an int having a giant ass rock in the front and not seing it literally.. ridiculous.
kaiser33

Post by kaiser33 »

fuzzylunkin1 wrote:QUOTE (fuzzylunkin1 @ Sep 28 2011, 07:25 AM) Haven't read the whole thread, but this jumped out at me.

If you ask me the aleph "chokepoint" system is one of the main mechanics of Allegiance gameplay. It is a bit silly, if you think about it enough, so another way to accomplish the same thing would be preferable IMO.

But anyway, very cool idea, I'd be interested.
i think it would be good to make it as in freelancer. there should be doors in space to shorten trips. thats all, one big $#@!ing space map with doors that shorten trips, but dont cut anyone from using the long walk..
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

kaiser33 wrote:QUOTE (kaiser33 @ Oct 20 2013, 08:39 AM) ships should be visible phisically even if not on scanners. that would be realistic compared to being in an int having a giant ass rock in the front and not seing it literally.. ridiculous.

Good necro.

And...

read/watch more about science, nothing is impossible, only improbable at worst.
---
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Feb 15 2013, 01:52 PM) In a lot of ways, Allegiance is like the Radio: it's all `am and `fm.
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

So instead of alephs he wants doors...
Psychosis

Post by Psychosis »

/me facewalls
blake420

Post by blake420 »

Psychosis wrote:QUOTE (Psychosis @ Oct 22 2013, 11:25 PM) :bang:
fify
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

Not Found

The requested URL /AFSMOD was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

raumvogel wrote:QUOTE (raumvogel @ Oct 24 2013, 04:12 AM) Not Found

The requested URL /AFSMOD was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
I have the same problem, too bad, this looks very good as a project.
Fix the link please. :)
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]