Call for volunteers: merging Allegiance into FS2

Catch-all for all development not having a specific forum.
coopertronic

Post by coopertronic »

I'm going to have a good look through this.

>> FS2 Total Conversions <<
Yellow eyed, flat headed hissing maniacs.
SpaceJunk

Post by SpaceJunk »

Oi. How stable is FS on Linux?
coopertronic

Post by coopertronic »

It's running very nicely in Mint 10. I haven't had a crash yet. The graphics are very nice too.
Yellow eyed, flat headed hissing maniacs.
MatthTheGeek

Post by MatthTheGeek »

From what I know, as long as you don't have @#(!-ass drivers (for example mesa-based intel-grated stuff) or huge issues with OpenGL, FSO works just as fine on Linux and Mac as it does on Windows. While the majority of our user base is windows-side (me included), we have enough people playing on other platforms (including coders) to ensure cross-platform compatibility.
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

I'll be on the road for 4 days starting tomorrow so I can't follow that forum creation thing.

It seems that the admins here are MIA or have forgotten us so I guess we're going to be hosted elsewhere.

Matt & SP4WN, get in touch and get that forum created or wait till Friday when I return. Your call.
SP4WN

Post by SP4WN »

Ok do we have a forum software preference?
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

SP4WN wrote:QUOTE (SP4WN @ Aug 8 2011, 06:38 PM) Ok do we have a forum software preference?
I like forum softwares where you can rank & hide posts (like youtube comments).

Also a forum software that allows the OP to be a 'collapsing/highlighting moderator' of his thread would be nice: that is when you create a thread (a topic) than you're allowed as OP to 'hide' the replies you don't like or highlight these you like. Hidden replies are not deleted, just collapsed to 1 line, so people can still see them by clicking on them. This allows the OP to actually manage the look of his thread by highlighting important replies and hide spam/troll stuff.
I don't know if that feature exists in free forums software but that would rock to have.I have used one in an internal forums, it's very delicious to be able to moderate your own threads.
I find the standard 'moderators' stuff very old and cumbersome and more a pain for moderators actually. Systems that let the readers and posters auto moderate the content require less management and are more democratic.

Also a system that use existing accounts (google, yahoo, whatever) instead of having to register YET ANOTHER account would be nice.

But your choice, really. Check with Matt what he'd like.
MatthTheGeek

Post by MatthTheGeek »

I'll be without internet for a week so that might have to wait a bit.
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

good then we wait another week. Meanwhile SP4WN can think about forum software ;)

so let's decide in a week where and how we'll be hosted.
Imago

Post by Imago »

Oi. What kind of anti-cheat does it have?

These bugs haven't been fixed yet because don't have any developers interested in fixing them up. --Tigereye
Imago's stupid-sensor is supersensitive. --RealPandemonium
The art is managing the flow of the drama to achieve the desired results. --Big_Beta_Tester
joeld wrote:But we’ve been amazed at the level to which some of the Allegiance fans have remained hard-core.