Change names for HvyBoost and Booster

From the Dark Nebula, a new star is born.
DonKarnage

Post by DonKarnage »

On two occasions that I happened to be there for, giga commanders bought Booster1 when going sup. Of course, this didn't work, and 'wtf's were had when we launched to D our base in boosterless enh figs.
Maybe you could change the names and description so the commanders that didn't catch the bit mentioned in the change log where heavy boost is for fighters don't $#@! the entire team over.

Second option could be to tie Gigas HeavyBooster1 and Booster1 into one $2500 tech so they can't be wrong either way (MKII and III would still be their own separate research, though)
It is Karnage! Don Karnage! Roll the r!
ChaoticStorm

Post by ChaoticStorm »

So you want to ask night to idiot proof his core for giga to stop clueless commanders raging? Are you adept?
Elzam_

Post by Elzam_ »

This is so funny. It's like when commanders buy HTTs but forget to buy missiles!
A hero is not one who never falls, but one who gets up again and again, NEVER losing sight of one's dream!
DonKarnage

Post by DonKarnage »

I only brought this up because it differs from DN and CC where Boost1 is shared between figs and ints, so confusion is more likely.
Not saying that giving fighters their own booster is a bad thing, it's just that a bunch of commanders don't know XC figs use hvyboost, and the tech description does a poor job at telling you this.
TurkeyXIII

Post by TurkeyXIII »

ChaoticStorm wrote:QUOTE (ChaoticStorm @ Jul 22 2011, 09:10 PM) So you want to ask night to idiot proof his core for giga to stop clueless commanders raging? Are you adept?
This mistake wouldn't just be made by idiots, it would be made by anyone who hasn't read the documentation. Requiring players to read documentation (moreso for continually changing documentation) is poor design. More descriptive names or descriptions would not go astray.
QUOTE (Randall Munroe)14.2: Turkey consumption rate of the average American in milligrams per minute[/quote]
Makida

Post by Makida »

TurkeyXIII wrote:QUOTE (TurkeyXIII @ Jul 22 2011, 10:22 AM) Requiring players to read documentation (moreso for continually changing documentation) is poor design.
Man, I miss the days when computer games came with proper manual booklets that you actually had to read to figure out how to play...
Elzam_

Post by Elzam_ »

TurkeyXIII wrote:QUOTE (TurkeyXIII @ Jul 22 2011, 09:22 AM) This mistake wouldn't just be made by idiots, it would be made by anyone who hasn't read the documentation. Requiring players to read documentation (moreso for continually changing documentation) is poor design. More descriptive names or descriptions would not go astray.

Wait wait wait, so I have to READ THE MANUAL TO KNOW HOW TO PLAY?!! Stop right there pard'ner! That's madness! If I was a Mechanic and I had to read a manual that told me how to repair cars, THAT WOULD BE AN OUTRAGE!
Last edited by Elzam_ on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A hero is not one who never falls, but one who gets up again and again, NEVER losing sight of one's dream!
RealPandemonium

Post by RealPandemonium »

Elzam V. Branstein wrote:QUOTE (Elzam V. Branstein @ Jul 22 2011, 09:14 AM) This is so funny. It's like when commanders buy HTTs but forget to buy missiles!
Good thing we were giga in that game.
Image IMO
Edmond wrote:QUOTE (Edmond @ Aug 31 2010, 04:20 PM) I think girly's idea is much better, since it is more freeform, only needs to be updated by one person, and maintains the openness of the command channel without the spaminess. Plus it can have ASCII goatse.
DonKarnage

Post by DonKarnage »

Forgetting to buy something isn't quite as bad as wasting money on the completely wrong research >_>
Even a good decent tolerable commander can get confused by this, because the more commonly played cores have figs and ints use the same boosters.

But, whatever you wanna do, Elzam clearly has a point, commanding allegiance is everything like being an automotive mechanic. :P
Elzam_

Post by Elzam_ »

DonKarnage wrote:QUOTE (DonKarnage @ Jul 22 2011, 06:11 PM) But, whatever you wanna do, Elzam clearly has a point, commanding allegiance is everything like being an automotive mechanic. :P
AND DON'T YOU $#@!ING FORGET IT!