Editing

A place to discuss user-created Allegiance 3D models, textures, images, and other visual ingame content.
Ashortdude

Post by Ashortdude »

ok, the idiot got it now. sorry for the frustration and noobynes of the whole thing :blush: .

PS: nice avatar MrChaos
Last edited by Ashortdude on Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bard
Location: Within your command center, enacting fatal attacks upon your conscripts

Post by Bard »

Ashortdude wrote:QUOTE (Ashortdude @ Jul 15 2011, 02:19 PM) ok, the idiot got it now. sorry for the frustration and noobynes of the whole thing :blush: .

PS: nice avatar MrChaos
Heh. No problem. Good luck! and remember to stay patient, Milkshape is not for the instant gratification type of personality.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Omnia Mutantur, Nihil Interit.
Ashortdude

Post by Ashortdude »

Bard wrote:QUOTE (Bard @ Jul 15 2011, 03:40 PM) Heh. No problem. Good luck! and remember to stay patient, Milkshape is not for the instant gratification type of personality.
Affirmative!
Bard
Location: Within your command center, enacting fatal attacks upon your conscripts

Post by Bard »

Also, I just realized you made a TIE-something.

Have you seen Star Wars Core? It's not on every server, IIRC, but it's on at least one of them.

Pick a server, start a new game, select swcore and uncheck the second team to play a single person game (that for obvious reasons can never be won) in order to check out the models.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Omnia Mutantur, Nihil Interit.
Ashortdude

Post by Ashortdude »

Bard wrote:QUOTE (Bard @ Jul 15 2011, 08:34 PM) Also, I just realized you made a TIE-something.

Have you seen Star Wars Core? It's not on every server, IIRC, but it's on at least one of them.

Pick a server, start a new game, select swcore and uncheck the second team to play a single person game (that for obvious reasons can never be won) in order to check out the models.
well...Ima start on a new model, the idea died with that post.
its a TIE Shorty...

EDIT:but yeah, thats fairly awesome, alot can happen in two years
Last edited by Ashortdude on Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ashortdude

Post by Ashortdude »

For any of you interested, my last post will be of my final product. and thanks once again to those who were willing to help (in other words thanks for pushing buttons that make letters...and clicking at pixels)

Edit:one more small question, do I have to have my own server to play as my model?
Last edited by Ashortdude on Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
SP4WN

Post by SP4WN »

You can set your own server up using allsrv if you search the wiki for allsrv it will give you the instructions. You can alter textures ingame for any model but you cannot alter models.

So to test your own ingame you will need your own server setting up.
Ashortdude

Post by Ashortdude »

SP4WN wrote:QUOTE (SP4WN @ Jul 18 2011, 09:18 AM) You can set your own server up using allsrv if you search the wiki for allsrv it will give you the instructions. You can alter textures ingame for any model but you cannot alter models.

So to test your own ingame you will need your own server setting up.
these are a couple of downloads that of which I cannot. The Alleg FAZ3 Server Installer, and The Alleg FAZ4 Server Installer from Allegwiki. Are they gone forever, or do I have to ask it of someone...the admin maybe?
TurkeyXIII

Post by TurkeyXIII »

You don't need those installers, they're obsolete. These are the instructions for a LAN server in R5.
QUOTE (Randall Munroe)14.2: Turkey consumption rate of the average American in milligrams per minute[/quote]
Ashortdude

Post by Ashortdude »

TurkeyXIII wrote:QUOTE (TurkeyXIII @ Jul 20 2011, 01:46 PM) You don't need those installers, they're obsolete. These are the instructions for a LAN server in R5.
well thats much easier, thanks dude