XC05

From the Dark Nebula, a new star is born.
spideycw

Post by spideycw »

giga now sucks
I'm sorry I don't remember any of it. For you the day spideycw graced your squad with utter destruction was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Sunday
Idanmel wrote:QUOTE (Idanmel @ Mar 19 2012, 05:54 AM) I am ashamed for all the drama I caused, I have much to learn on how to behave when things don't go my way.

My apologies.
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

I guess you didn't get the memo, giga has always sucked.
Clay_Pigeon

Post by Clay_Pigeon »

I'm actually not entirely convinced that specmines need to be removed, but that's why Night makes the big bucks.

I'd be more interested in specmines that a team has to defend as ardently as a miner. Specifically

*Turning off ripcord receivers on giga specs. You need to defend specs with bases (bitch).
*Make Dreg specs lt bases, like giga
*Tuning paydays to be proportional (in some way) to what a working miner would bring in over time. For example, each dreg spec may be worth a fifth or quarter miner. Various giga specs may range from a third to half a miner. BTW, I just pulled those numbers out of my ass, so I'm not actually proposing them or anything (just using them as an example).
Last edited by Clay_Pigeon on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." -2 Cor 12:9
"Never know how long I've waited, anticipated your smile pressed against mine." -Running
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

That design sounds good on paper, but it suffers from the same problem that Giga light bases in general do: you can't adjust anything in Allegiance to scale with game sizes. It's a cool concept, yeah, but there's just no way to make it work where it's not absurdly good in small games and frustrating to deal with, and isn't entirely useless in larger games.
DonKarnage

Post by DonKarnage »

Hmm, well you could give specs only hull (more of it), no shields, and let nans be the scaling buffer, but then galvs would need to be adjusted so as to not out-damage the repairs of 3 times as many scouts.
If that doesn't sound practical, what about replacing galvs with $20x5 racks of anti-lt/minor torpedoes? Having no cost or nan buffer makes it way over-powered in larger games
It is Karnage! Don Karnage! Roll the r!
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

galvs are a fascinating conundrum

if it turns out that sup becomes really really good at bombing with ab3/ac3/nan3 at the adv tech level i could justify removing galvs entirely, though
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

Increasing the advanced scout signature runs counter to that though. It makes TP2 drops much harder. What was the reasoning behind that? If you dislike FB drops, isn't it better to hit FBs instead?

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

the notion of having .5 sig adv scouts flying around which you can buy for 10k with no ability to get pulse probes seemed pretty dumb at the time

sitting around camping @#(! for 15-30 minutes at a time while you wait for that ONE GUY to fly his scout around into the appropriate position is also really terrible, really dumb gameplay and it should (and currently does) require a more concentrated team effort where you have to take a carrier and/or a bunch of figs, push into a sector, $#@! the other team up and THEN slip your scout in
Clay_Pigeon

Post by Clay_Pigeon »

NVM: You're in chat
Last edited by Clay_Pigeon on Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." -2 Cor 12:9
"Never know how long I've waited, anticipated your smile pressed against mine." -Running
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

the reworked giga is quite fantastic

i should also mention (since i didn't put it in the changelog) that all of gigacorp's lxy small craft require SY to be turned on in order to be available