why the $#@!

Discussion / Announcement area for Dark Nebulae Core development.
Malicious Wraith

Post by Malicious Wraith »

DonKarnage wrote:QUOTE (DonKarnage @ Jun 21 2011, 10:51 PM) We play it because we want our pew-pews and disco balls.
Please add these things to XC (de-cheesified of course)
I don't count this among the reasons why I play DN. I would rather say the lesser of three evils.
Unknown wrote:[Just want] to play some games before Alleg dies for good.
I don't want that time to be a @#(!-storm of hate and schadenfreude.
IG: Liquid_Mamba / Fedman
DonKarnage

Post by DonKarnage »

I think those vulcan cannons would make for a good TF Minigun, and the glorious disco balls in place of the disappointing plasma gens.
It is Karnage! Don Karnage! Roll the r!
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

there's a better use for vulcan cannons

oh yes
Psychosis

Post by Psychosis »

clearly phoenix needs to be integrated into CC, then people would have a reason to play it
Malicious Wraith

Post by Malicious Wraith »

Because DonKarnage speaks for "people".
Unknown wrote:[Just want] to play some games before Alleg dies for good.
I don't want that time to be a @#(!-storm of hate and schadenfreude.
IG: Liquid_Mamba / Fedman
DonKarnage

Post by DonKarnage »

NightRychune wrote:QUOTE (NightRychune @ Jun 21 2011, 10:15 PM) there's a better use for vulcan cannons

oh yes
got something planned, eh? :P
It is Karnage! Don Karnage! Roll the r!
Naboki

Post by Naboki »

Ryujin wrote:QUOTE (Ryujin @ Jun 21 2011, 07:34 PM) Are we playing on this core that hasn't been worked on in 2 years?
because there is a correlation between core changes and declining player bases, and some people want the good old dn time backs ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect nothing more to say^^
TheCorsair

Post by TheCorsair »

Why does dn get played a lot lately?

well most if not everyone who play pugs are over CC, it's essentially a write off and that's why XC was getting played for months and months and XC was based on DN after all

as XC releases kept coming, some fairly radical and more so now with XC5, many people are sticking to what they actually know...so I'm seeing a a lot of DN games...one recently had over 40 people online! a rarity these days...I find it fun and it's good to re-remember stuff and ofc play nix, have hvy scouts, leads, gauss, the original models etc

I think it's also same reason I've seen some of the other cores starting to get some play again like rtcore, GODII, rps

I guess I'm really enjoying playing DN a lot again.... basically if you mine you get some nice cheese and exciting tech, if your miners get killed you don't.. and I think people like the unique tech bringing some nostalgia back.. in fact it's aussie hour 7:20pm and there's 13 ppl on playing DN and lately we''ve been having some really fun late night games where most of the people know DN really well

Maybe more people will get used to XC and learn all the changes, especially grasp how to command it and try it more in due course because it is becoming quite different and does add variety to the game. Still I see a lot of squads maybe doing what mec did and maybe wanting to play on DN. I guess we'll see.

ps I just saw nabokis response and yeah have to agree
"Neither east nor west" Image
UNITED FOREVER IN FRIENDSHIP AND LABOUR
"The clouds are fleeting over every country, we stand fast, for no kind of rain will take away our smiles."
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

TheCorsair wrote:QUOTE (TheCorsair @ Jun 22 2011, 10:25 AM) Why does dn get played a lot lately?

well most if not everyone who play pugs are over CC, it's essentially a write off and that's why XC was getting played for months and months and XC was based on DN after all
Just to point out, XC is based off CC10 and CC was in turn based on DN 4.6 with Phoenix removed.
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
Alien51

Post by Alien51 »

Each time I hear anyone say something like, "Dn is better than XC. XC is horribly unbalanced." I never hear a reason. Which makes any kind of rebuttal hard to form. I've even asked, but have yet to hear an objective response. Usually I hear, "Because DN is unbalanced in all the right ways. DN has cheese but makes you work for it." And similar statements.

Be easier to possibly form a compromise if we knew why people thought so. (Why they think DN is better than XC that is.)