paydays

From the Dark Nebula, a new star is born.
DonKarnage

Post by DonKarnage »

How about just aleph resonators. That way you get your $1000, but you'll be a sitting duck while you try and lug that thing back home.

wait, scratch that.
What about those probe cash box things for a treasure, but made to be not deployable, and being so it has to be hauled back to base in order to get the money. Making it massive will also leave the one carrying it vulnerable.
Last edited by DonKarnage on Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is Karnage! Don Karnage! Roll the r!
Gandalf2

Post by Gandalf2 »

This would be madness; don't do it.
spideycw - 'This is because Grav is a huge whining bitch. But we all knew that already' Dec 19 2010, 07:36 PM
DonKarnage

Post by DonKarnage »

Gandalf2 wrote:QUOTE (Gandalf2 @ Jun 15 2011, 12:22 PM) This would be madness; don't do it.
removing pay days or making all treasures an equipment item that needs to be brought home to get money out of it?
It is Karnage! Don Karnage! Roll the r!
Gandalf2

Post by Gandalf2 »

Removing paydays.

I can't begin to think of how many fun SG's would've been stopped once a team lost all their miners. To put all comebacks from 0 miners down to luck would be ridiculous.
spideycw - 'This is because Grav is a huge whining bitch. But we all knew that already' Dec 19 2010, 07:36 PM
Makida

Post by Makida »

I actually would be sad to see spec refs go. Yes, they make Giga boringly overpowered in small games now, but in a way they also add variety to the game, by giving another aspect of the economy to worry about/attack/defend, aside from miners.

Could specs be severely nerfed instead of removed outright? Aside from nerfing their payday bonuses, their teleport receiver ability could be removed, for example, or something like that... Of course if they're nerfed too much they simply wouldn't be used ever, but surely there must be some middle ground that would let them stay in the game.
Last edited by Makida on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hellsyng

Post by Hellsyng »

girlyboy wrote:QUOTE (girlyboy @ Jun 16 2011, 12:11 AM) Could specs be severely nerfed instead of removed outright? Aside from nerfing their payday bonuses, their teleport receiver ability could be removed, for example, or something like that... Of course if they're nerfed too much they simply wouldn't be used ever, but surely there must be some middle ground that would let them stay in the game.
Or maybe research and build costs could be nerfed so that their payback time is longer.
MastaMetz wrote:QUOTE (MastaMetz @ Dec 6, 2012, 10:32 PM)@#(!ternet. I'm a genius!
Dome

Post by Dome »

In pugs, controlling miners would become $#@!ing ridiculous because most people don't know what the $#@! to do with miners (gauge when they should be docked, when they have enough d, when they can be sent to soron, etc).

In sgs it would create too much an importance on miner d/o. Meaning that squads that suck will have even less a chance to win vs better squads.

So really I'm on the side of the idiots that can't d miners. Paydays are too classic to allegiance to be removed.
SgtMajor

Post by SgtMajor »

Payday sounds too unfair,

I suggest renaming to "Strip Club intake"
The Last ACS Student
Doc Izzo wrote:QUOTE (Doc Izzo @ Sep 21 2012, 06:34 AM) k10, when people fear you like they fear me, you can get at me.
http://alleg.tripod.com
HSharp

Post by HSharp »

XC does seem to be turning more and more into Command Core, you might as well just make a Starcraft Mod and not allow any players to fly units and just have drones vs drones. with two opposing commanders.
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

i have been pondering ways to do just that actually, but it's not really possible (at least to my satisfaction) considering there are some fairly key mechanics that drones can't use