paydays

From the Dark Nebula, a new star is born.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

or you could remove paydays so people defend their miners
There's a new sheriff in town.
DonKarnage

Post by DonKarnage »

cash box economy!
It is Karnage! Don Karnage! Roll the r!
JimmyNighthawk

Post by JimmyNighthawk »

NightRychune wrote:QUOTE (NightRychune @ Jun 15 2011, 05:26 AM) 0 miner stalemates on both sides would be difficult to deal with and could force draws somewhat often. What I'd like to implement to alleviate that is a development with negative cost (researching it gives a commander money and nothing else), probably $5k, which would only be available once per game. Unfortunately, that'd require a code change, as negative values in developments (like negative paydays) aren't possible.
You really think that this will end into more draws? I think these situations will end in more than a half of whoring around; the impact into the statistics by this no-go-situations are not acceptable - fairly one side will be down that much ... and draw? You know that a draw doesnt go into statistics, and you think you going to play for a bunch of quarter hours with all these frags never going to be setted as yours?

Well, the idea of "replacing the payday" is more interesting. But as you said it is a code-change ... most of us know how code-changes ....

Basicly to activate a payday by the research - now in a try of justification by the matter how the game is based upon - makes me think about some "settler games": First you already do need some of the stuff first, the Helium3 (which we only see as credits; and some folks argue it's just 'cash'). Well let us guess this one: Helium3 is refined, right? Now we found a way of sublimation in which the actual ammount of Helium3 is raised.

The amount of 5,000 is truely no acceptable. Perhaps it would be more interesting at the point we are standing to set the pay-day onto alike anything multiple possible under F5.

I just got something in mind: Is it possible to build a non-piloted ship, which can be destroyed by your own forces (no matter "ff" is setted) which will drop the boxes to come into credits WHEN it is picked up by the team mates. In fact, these things need to be that numberous that you need more than of your team to pick up lots of them (as your opponent may do so, too).

Perhaps this could circumvent a code-change?
Beschenkt die Starken!
Schröpft die Schwachen,
und die Armen schlagt ans Kreuz!

Wir hängen nicht am Leben,
doch an einem Traum!
TheCorsair

Post by TheCorsair »

I agree largely with Clay Pigeon. Would also like paydays kept.
"Neither east nor west" Image
UNITED FOREVER IN FRIENDSHIP AND LABOUR
"The clouds are fleeting over every country, we stand fast, for no kind of rain will take away our smiles."
Adept

Post by Adept »

NightRychune wrote:QUOTE (NightRychune @ Jun 15 2011, 12:58 AM) i already want to remove all specrefs because they tend to make games incredibly boring
I like this.
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
Psychosis

Post by Psychosis »

pull spec-refs might be fun
Hellsyng

Post by Hellsyng »

Why not try adding a low percent spawning cash box?
1. It doesn't require a code change
2. It could provide enough money for a miner over a longer period of time than paydays

What I mean is that currently the only "treasure" that spawns right now are power ups. Is that because you have them set to spawn 100% of the time or because you have everything else at 0%? Because if it is the latter you could change the cash box spawn percentage up to say 5 or 10% so that the majority would still be power ups, but that cash boxes would spawn every once and a while. This way there is no possibility of running your economy off of them but you could possibly get a miner off of them.

No I obviously haven't checked the number, but please don't flame like I'm Weylin.
MastaMetz wrote:QUOTE (MastaMetz @ Dec 6, 2012, 10:32 PM)@#(!ternet. I'm a genius!
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

powerups spawn so often because they're the only thing that CAN spawn, yes

so, before where you could see, say

cashbox
ews probe 2
lrm hunter 2
pw gat 2
powerup
powerup
pw minigun 2
cashbox

spawned in a sector, now it's just

powerup
powerup
powerup
powerup
powerup
powerup
powerup
powerup
DonKarnage

Post by DonKarnage »

I really really hate powerups.

On a quite a few occasions those little bastards were responsible for the loss of a few opening constructors and miners because they popped up right next to an enemy unit, giving them enough of an edge to pod the defenders and have enough ammo to kill the priority target.

Hell, once I flew 2K off to grab one and that gave me enough hull and ammo to boost back and kill a miner I had down to nothing. If that powerup wasn't there, it would have lived.

You want to remove elements based around luck, correct?
It is Karnage! Don Karnage! Roll the r!
Hellsyng

Post by Hellsyng »

In that case what if you made it:
powerup
powerup
powerup
powerup
powerup
powerup
powerup
powerup cashbox?
MastaMetz wrote:QUOTE (MastaMetz @ Dec 6, 2012, 10:32 PM)@#(!ternet. I'm a genius!