Dark Spore

Non-Allegiance related. High probability of spam. Pruned regularly.
Dorjan

Post by Dorjan »

So this "Limited Edition" Dark spore hit my desk, looks interesting...
I decided to relive the days gone by in my new blog.
---
Remember, what I say is IMO always. If I say that something sucks, it actually means "I think it sucks" OK?
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Jan 31 2012, 03:09 PM) True story.

Except the big about dorjan being jelly, that's just spidey's ego.
ImageImage
HSharp

Post by HSharp »

Spore was a colossal waste of money and was a huge letdown, I am not even going to look at dark spore.
Dorjan

Post by Dorjan »

HSharp wrote:QUOTE (HSharp @ Apr 27 2011, 09:46 AM) Spore was a colossal waste of money and was a huge letdown, I am not even going to look at dark spore.
I don't think they're related but Kay... :P
---
Remember, what I say is IMO always. If I say that something sucks, it actually means "I think it sucks" OK?

ImageImage
HSharp

Post by HSharp »

your really not building yourself a good reputation as a games journalist :P
Dorjan

Post by Dorjan »

HSharp wrote:QUOTE (HSharp @ Apr 27 2011, 10:30 AM) your really not building yourself a good reputation as a games journalist :P
I keep telling you, I'm not! :lol:

I'm a web programmer who works for a company who occasionally asks me to do some writing for them for fun.

(Although I rarely work on the main site I do make sites like rift.incgamers.com/soulbuilder) but I have the problem of always being taken of the projects before they're finished and onto another one. Time time time
---

ImageImage
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

darkspore is basically another MOBA whose main premise is putting together a squad of heroes instead of just playing one. you can swap them in/out with a short cooldown, each hero has a passive, basic spam-click attack ala diablo, two default skills, and one "squad skill" that you can use at all times regardless of whether they're your currently active hero or not. it is somewhat related to spore in that the @#(! you get for loot gets visibly slapped onto your hero's model whereever the $#@! you want it and changes their appearance to a degree

heroes are broken down into three categories like WC3 heroes, strength-based heroes that are generally tanky with @#(!tons of health, dexterity-based heroes that are fast and deal @#(!tons of damage (which come in either ranged or melee varieties) or intelligence heroes that are squishy casters

in terms of actual gameplay it offers PvE gameplay in the vein of diablo, where you go through with your heroes and maul the @#(! out of generic enemies for a sequence of stages that ends in some giant boss fight. i think one of the main draws is supposed to be PvP, which is done in the vein of arena-style combat similar to bloodline champions, where it's your squad of dudes vs some other guy's squad of dudes (1v1) or your and a buddy's squads of dudes vs another dude and his buddy's squad of dudes (2v2).

it's kind of entertaining, but there was a bunch of @#(! that annoyed me when I played it
Bacon_00

Post by Bacon_00 »

Spore was one of my worst game purchases ever when it came out, so I have no interest in this... Maxis, seemingly, has lost their mojo.
"Leave Bacon alone. When he's unsure of what sector he's in somehow it works out better." -Lee
Dorjan

Post by Dorjan »

xD What a bad choice of name which clearly has people thinking it's just spore.
---

ImageImage
TurkeyXIII

Post by TurkeyXIII »

Not just Spore, obviously an emo and edgy version, but still.
QUOTE (Randall Munroe)14.2: Turkey consumption rate of the average American in milligrams per minute[/quote]