Model Poll

Development area for FreeAllegiance's Community Core.
Paradigm2

Post by Paradigm2 »

I do what Culmi does to aim, to a much less effective degree.

p.s. Hi Culmi -- you playing again now? Maybe I'll start logging on again...
-Paradigm2
takingarms1

Post by takingarms1 »

MrChaos wrote:QUOTE (MrChaos @ Apr 15 2011, 05:58 AM) The reasoning of the non bubble cheerleaders is exactly the opposite btw. Its knowing the invisible advantage that vet clue gets you that has their panties in a bunch. That an added realism. That seems their POV.
I guess my point, badly stated, was that the vet advantage argument is really invalid. It doesn't matter whether you have close mapped or bubble hitboxes, the vets will still own you. This is because vets just watch the bullets to see if they hit. In fact, most vets and whores here seem to be calling for bubble hitboxes.

It seems to me that the best way to proceed is like what culmi said, bubble hitboxes for all and then fix the ones that come out broken in actual play, like the IC fig.

As for the reticule, I'm not sure why it's often wrong. I assume part of it must be model issues, but I really don't know.
"You give my regards to St. Peter. Or, whoever has his job, but in hell!"
- - - -
SpkWill

Post by SpkWill »

It's not wrong, it will get one of your guns to hit. The one you have selected irrc, trouble is you could have 3-4 gunmounts and all the models are different.
Icky

Post by Icky »

It's gun 1, unless you disable and re-enable another gun, in which case it's that one.
Terran wrote:QUOTE (Terran @ Jan 20 2011, 03:56 PM) i'm like adept
Broodwich wrote:QUOTE (Broodwich @ Jun 6 2010, 10:19 PM) if you spent as much time in game as trollin sf might not be dead
Jimen

Post by Jimen »

The reticules are wrong on some of the new ships. To explain why, I'll defer to the wise old Weedman.
Weedman wrote:QUOTE (Weedman @ Apr 6 2011, 01:07 PM) I'm not taking a dump on tf and dreg. The models and art look good. However, the hitbox must be fixed.

There are many tf and some dreg models that are not centered. Allegiance aim reticule is always looking for center. Even if the ship is huge, it looks for center, see capital ships.

TF int for instance, biggest problem, not centered, not even close. Second problem, due to the hitbox conforming to the ship too well, you miss half your "on target" shots due to dispersion. Have you noticed how gigantic the tf int is right now, it's almost a bomber sized int, and still, is a problem.

Autogen does not make gaps, it simplifies hitbox form, less polycount, less server "stress", less bitching about being on target with aim and not registering hits on target,
The server doesnt care what the model .mdl or .bmp looks like, it only cares about the .cvh and it makes sense to me.

If you want to continue down this path I am going to import a TIE Fighter with a conform hitbox and kill all of you with it.
RealPandemonium

Post by RealPandemonium »

Weedman wrote:QUOTE (Weedman @ Apr 6 2011, 01:07 PM) If you want to continue down this path I am going to import a TIE Fighter with a conform hitbox and kill all of you with it.
I'm pretty sure everyone would love that.
Image IMO
Edmond wrote:QUOTE (Edmond @ Aug 31 2010, 04:20 PM) I think girly's idea is much better, since it is more freeform, only needs to be updated by one person, and maintains the openness of the command channel without the spaminess. Plus it can have ASCII goatse.
DasSmiter

Post by DasSmiter »

Close mapped hitbox shoots through with a 54% approval rating.

We'll be introducing autogen hitboxes for some of the more troublesome ships, but otherwise we'll attempt to make due with the detestable close mapped hitboxes.
ImageImageImage
Get over yourselves, don't try to win arguments on the internet where the option of a punch in the mouth is unavailable
"It is not that I cannot create anything good, but that I will not." And to prove this, he created the peacock.
Jimen

Post by Jimen »

Wait, you're ACTUALLY using the results of that terribly-done poll?
DasSmiter

Post by DasSmiter »

Jimen is as observant as ever
ImageImageImage
Get over yourselves, don't try to win arguments on the internet where the option of a punch in the mouth is unavailable
"It is not that I cannot create anything good, but that I will not." And to prove this, he created the peacock.
takingarms1

Post by takingarms1 »

wait, so you are going to ignore what all the best dogfighters and whores in the game are saying and just go with a straight majority vote? forgive me but that seems asinine.
"You give my regards to St. Peter. Or, whoever has his job, but in hell!"
- - - -