the detractor thread

From the Dark Nebula, a new star is born.
BillyBishop

Post by BillyBishop »

enh Tac is Exp, adv Tac is sy
Icky

Post by Icky »

I think he fixed some of that, right?

Tac was OP in the last release.
Terran wrote:QUOTE (Terran @ Jan 20 2011, 03:56 PM) i'm like adept
Broodwich wrote:QUOTE (Broodwich @ Jun 6 2010, 10:19 PM) if you spent as much time in game as trollin sf might not be dead
BillyBishop

Post by BillyBishop »

I'm not aware of all the changes coming for XC05, I would think that logically- yes, he'd fix Tac which is now almost every game is Tac vs something.

I know he's mentioned "kicking giga in the balls" which I wonder why does giga need a kick to the balls instead of tweaks from where it was originally. Frankly people are playing Giga alot because;

1) Small games (stack faction)
2) Spec rush [usually small games] (stack faction and people not IMMEDIATELY dealing with specs)
3) 45second drones build times [wtf how much money did Vir get from Jimmy??!!!???] {Being reverted or tweaked for XC05}
4) Tele/Op/Ref Money Paydays (Pointless though I admit thematic, I'd love to see it stay but giga has so much perks now)
5) Stupid money settings [stack settings]
6) Vets aren't stupid [joins stack]

tl;dr Tac prolly getting Fixed, Giga OP; not because it's OP (though it is a bit) but because at least one comm is an idiot.

Oh yea, XC05, Hvy Scts? Le gone. :(
Last edited by BillyBishop on Sun May 15, 2011 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

DonKarnage wrote:QUOTE (DonKarnage @ May 16 2011, 6:50 PM) I wouldn't even post an idea unless I gave a @#(! about this game and the community.
I also wouldn't have even posted that idea if I didn't get positive feedback before hand.

I'm disappointed, I thought I could have hoped for more constructive discussion, not the same old "Shut the $#@! up weylin you suck"

What is it with the aversion new of ideas around here? mad.gif
implementing something that gave less of a reason for a scout to carry a nan is $#@!ing retarded, chief
DonKarnage

Post by DonKarnage »

NightRychune wrote:QUOTE (NightRychune @ May 16 2011, 06:01 PM) implementing something that gave less of a reason for a scout to carry a nan is $#@!ing retarded, chief
Even if this did take effect, I would still always bring a nan. I never leave base without one, even when just probing.
Scout performance would remain the same as it is now with the nan onboard.

But what good is a nan going to do you when going through an aleph and find that you've picked up some KB hungry pilots? I can't count how many times this has happened, but it's usually certain death unless they're in basic figs.
It's not like you can just boost away and ripcord in 5 seconds.
It is Karnage! Don Karnage! Roll the r!
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

you have a team!

if you have to go through a camped/contested aleph have some people on your team help you!

XT has been doing this for years and it works great
Jimen

Post by Jimen »

What's wrong with that? The most powerful ship in the game (i.e., the scout) has to have some weakness.
Last edited by Jimen on Tue May 17, 2011 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonKarnage

Post by DonKarnage »

NightRychune wrote:QUOTE (NightRychune @ May 16 2011, 06:25 PM) you have a team!

if you have to go through a camped/contested aleph have some people on your team help you!

XT has been doing this for years and it works great
That would be lovely.
But I would be sitting there waiting for a good 3-4 minutes for someone to finally listen to me and show up.

But, sometimes you don't even know it's camped, or it's not camped at all, you just happen to go through at a bad time.
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

DonKarnage wrote:QUOTE (DonKarnage @ May 17 2011, 02:35 AM) That would be lovely.
But I would be sitting there waiting for a good 3-4 minutes for someone to finally listen to me and show up.

But, sometimes you don't even know it's camped, or it's not camped at all, you just happen to go through at a bad time.
But how is this different from any other ship?

Why do scouts alone need to be able to escape danger and not get podded far from home?
Image Image Image
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan ("The Lives of the Stars" ep. 9 Cosmos)
Rants Blog Cadillac, *Wurflet@Event, ?GoldDragon@Alleg, ^Biggus*#$@us@XT, +Ashandarei@Zone
DonKarnage

Post by DonKarnage »

Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ May 16 2011, 07:22 PM) But how is this different from any other ship?

Why do scouts alone need to be able to escape danger and not get podded far from home?
:o
Figs can boost and ripcord. (Quickest ripcord of any ship)
Interceptors can boost away. (Highest speed of any ship)
Stealths can cloak. (Lowest sig of any ship)
Scout's can... drop a prox and hope they're far enough back to eat it? :unsure:
Last edited by DonKarnage on Tue May 17, 2011 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.