Coring with ICE

Development areas for Allegiance core (IGC) design.
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

Jersy wrote:QUOTE (Jersy @ Feb 5 2011, 07:57 AM) I see... Where can I get the older server versions? I was already looking around on allegwiki and all I found was a link to R4 server binaries, which I am unsure if it will be of any help, since it's in the section dedicated to upgrade from R3 to R4, not downgrade to R4 from R5...
R3 AllSrv setup. :) (Just remember to remove the 'previous' version first)
ImageImage
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

3.41? 3.42?

latest version of ICE is 3.44 since September 2010...

the official site for ICE is http://code.google.com/p/allegice/

If you think you've found a problem with ICE , use the 'issues' section of the site. ICE is still maintained so i'll fix bugs if you find some. But I will not add new features or new stuff to this version of ICE so don't ask for. Wait for IGC 2.0. Just bugs!

If you have a core crashing your server, ask someone savvy (not me! no time sorry!) to explain you how to use the debug version of the server to find your problem.
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

Jersy wrote:QUOTE (Jersy @ Feb 7 2011, 03:29 PM) There is no Gigacorp in GarrCore. And it works. :o
You will have problems cropping up if you remove Giga though. The default base on a custom map is a Giga Garrison and, even though this base is replaced by the appropriate base from the team faction, the server will crash if it tries to start a game on a custom map and there is no Giga present. It'll work fine on the default maps.
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
Andon

Post by Andon »

To clarify: You don't need the Giga faction - You need the Giga bases.
ImageImage
Jersy

Post by Jersy »

So when the custom maps are looking for Gigacorp base, what are they looking for?
- The entry name?
- The ID? (<--- most probably)
- Some specific set of presdefs?

If GC base is deleted, can a duplicate of another base be "gigacorpized" to make it work?

Of course it's clear that it's just easier not to delete it in the first place... But curiosity is a killer...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE What purpose serves the "quantity" value at "Ammo Pack" and "Booster Fuel" entries? Tested them on ammo - tried to change the values, but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the amount of ammo that a ship can carry (it's cored separately for each ship anyway), and my test subject - (t)rusty scout, fired it's gat for one and a half minute both while the quantity was 1000 and 100...

The only effect I managed to procure while changing this value was a server crash when I tried to set it to 1...[/quote]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link: Allegiance Stuff on "Jersy's Ultimate Blog of Concentrated Nerdiness"
Current stuff-count: 97
(Latest update: March 7th, 2011, in "Jers_Core Diary")

Stationed in CZECH REPUBLIC (link)
(GMT+1)
Andon

Post by Andon »

It's looking for that specific base ID.

What I did with BSGCore was to delete most everything but keep the Giga bases, just with some pre that would never be set. That way, the game finds them when it looks for them, but they're not going to show up in F5.
ImageImage
Jersy

Post by Jersy »

Something weird...

I opened up AllegMapEdit to check whether my attempt to add replacements for the deleted giga bases work.

Well, it does.

The weird thing, however, is when I am fiddling around with the "Base properties" in the AllegMapEditor, then there is this little "Type" button, and to the side of it there are two windows.

When you click "Type" a little menu pops up, where you get to select the faction. From that, the selection of the specific base pops out. And when you click the specific base, it appears in one of the two windows by the "Type" button.

THE weird thing is, what appears in the second window:

(selection --> what appears in the two windows)
Iron Coalition - Heavy outpost --> Heavy Outpost // Belters (?!)
- in fact, every IC base does this.

Belters and Rixian seem to have no "second window entries" (although I could have sworn I've seen some at belter bases on the first glance...)

- The only entry that says "Iron Coalition" in the second window is my copy of IC Garrison (labeled "DO NOT DELETE"), that is there by default...

I mean... I was MapEditing with my modified zone_core loaded, but my modifications in said core couldn't possibly lead to somehow IC bases being associated with belters... I am uncapable of fails THIS epic, or at least I hope so...

So it got me thinking, that maybe somehow IC and Belters are weirdly linked in this way, and that's what's causing problems on attempts to delete them from the core... They DO both behave the same way, when their faction entry is deleted from the core (failure to load the core)...

I would guess that this is some sort of in-core connection not visible in ICE, but manifestable in AllegMapEditor...
Last edited by Jersy on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(GMT+1)
Andon

Post by Andon »

It's just Map Editor, IIRC. It functions... weird with bases
ImageImage
Spunkmeyer

Post by Spunkmeyer »

Jersy, don't worry about it... it's just not handling the faction IDs properly, that's all.

Want bigger games? Log on to play at the official game time: 9pmET/8pmCT/7pmMT/6pmPT every day of the week. Also Saturdays 8pm UTC.

Jersy

Post by Jersy »

BUT. I. WANNA. KNOW!!! :bang:
:lol:

Oh well, it's just weird, that's all. But maybe the cause isn't to be taken lightly.

You have been warned. :ninja:

(GMT+1)