CC_11 Changelog

Development area for FreeAllegiance's Community Core.
DasSmiter

Post by DasSmiter »

BackTrak wrote:QUOTE (BackTrak @ Jan 24 2011, 09:02 PM) Would it be possible to have int PPs not detect utility hull? That way they could be used to fight SFS/SBS and not beeline ints to miners (if that's what the team is trying to limit).
Nope
ImageImageImage
Get over yourselves, don't try to win arguments on the internet where the option of a punch in the mouth is unavailable
"It is not that I cannot create anything good, but that I will not." And to prove this, he created the peacock.
Dorjan

Post by Dorjan »

NightRychune wrote:QUOTE (NightRychune @ Jan 25 2011, 12:01 AM) I'd really like to see the hitboxes for the new dreg models relative to the old ones
The new one is wider, but "thiner", but deeper too.

So the only direction it is harder to hit the new dreg int is from the front and only if you don't aim slightly high. Since when you're moving around the new huge ass of the dreg int is very easy to hit, one issue is that the nose dips a little so you naturally aim slightly lower than you need too.

I think the current issue if there is one, is that people aren't used to the new hit boxes yet. Aim high and you'll hit them.
Last edited by Dorjan on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I decided to relive the days gone by in my new blog.
---
Remember, what I say is IMO always. If I say that something sucks, it actually means "I think it sucks" OK?
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Jan 31 2012, 03:09 PM) True story.

Except the big about dorjan being jelly, that's just spidey's ego.
ImageImage
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

How about doing what I say and make PPs last like 1/3 of the time that they currently do.
WOULDN'T IT MAKE SENSE THAT PULSE PROBES ACTUALLY .... PULSE? THEY LAST TOO LONG
There's a new sheriff in town.
notjarvis

Post by notjarvis »

Mastametz wrote:QUOTE (Mastametz @ Jan 25 2011, 11:12 AM) How about doing what I say and make PPs last like 1/3 of the time that they currently do.
WOULDN'T IT MAKE SENSE THAT PULSE PROBES ACTUALLY .... PULSE? THEY LAST TOO LONG

They would still be an excellent Deprobing tool.

Butit would nerf them versus other fighting ships. Interesting....
Last edited by notjarvis on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

notjarvis wrote:QUOTE (notjarvis @ Jan 25 2011, 03:14 AM) it would nerf them versus other fighting ships.
And sbs.
You'd be able to see them long enough to trigger a "bomber sighted" warning, but not long enough to actually kill them without them being eyed by the base or an actual ship's scanners.
There's a new sheriff in town.
SpaceJunk

Post by SpaceJunk »

Make PPs weigh like the Aleph Res. It will be a PITA to carry them far from base.

Edit: Also http://www.pvtmurphy.com/Prints/GIF.htm
Last edited by SpaceJunk on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adept

Post by Adept »

NightRychune wrote:QUOTE (NightRychune @ Jan 25 2011, 02:01 AM) I'd really like to see the hitboxes for the new dreg models relative to the old ones
New ones are on display in the art thread, at least most of them. The hitboxes are very wysiwyg. Where there is ship to hit, you hit, where there is open space, you miss. The exception is shielded ships, where the shield makes hits register even if you shoot, let's say between the wings of the stealth fighter.

I can dig up what pictures I have.

The ships are significantly bigger than traditional balloon-hitbox models to keep hittability roughly the same or easier.
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
DasSmiter

Post by DasSmiter »

I'm probably going to do a thread for PP since people have so many different ideas for it (and the giant exp thread sucks dicks)
ImageImageImage
Get over yourselves, don't try to win arguments on the internet where the option of a punch in the mouth is unavailable
"It is not that I cannot create anything good, but that I will not." And to prove this, he created the peacock.
Dome

Post by Dome »

Shizoku wrote:QUOTE (Shizoku @ Jan 24 2011, 11:15 AM) For the amount of speed that dreg has, the current int model is too thin.

This is becoming more and more evident the more games I've seen dreg ints. Regardless of how the hitboxes were changed it's harder than it should/used to be to pod dreg ints if they are just holding down boost and sidethrusting. While the old hitboxes were balloonish, dreg ints were still extremely formidable because of their speed. These new ones, when they're facing you, you have to hit a bullseye just to get a good portion of one mini to land.
Last edited by Dome on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dome

Post by Dome »

Last edited by Dome on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.