CC_11 Changelog

Development area for FreeAllegiance's Community Core.
Adept

Post by Adept »

Shizoku wrote:QUOTE (Shizoku @ Jan 24 2011, 09:15 PM) For the amount of speed that dreg has, the current int model is too thin.
Harder to hit than it was? Head on or in a furball?

We* figured it was pretty similar to hit haad on, and easier in a furball... but dreg exp has been dominating quite a bit. Their speed really makes them excellent ints, and the gunmounts are very fine indeed.

Shiz, how much would you like it scaled up? There would also be the option to lower dreg hull to 0.85 if they seem too tough.

*we being me and Dorjan, based on DMing old vs. new dreg int at various scales.
Last edited by Adept on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

At least 15% bigger. I'd be willing to dl a few test cores to try out different scales(dreg pun intended).

Changing the whole faction's hull is not wise, it would make their sup and tac worse, their econ super fragile. It would worsen the balance of the faction, not help it.
Adept

Post by Adept »

Thanks for the feedback. Let's see what others think as well.
OTDT_Hunter

Post by OTDT_Hunter »

What if we made PP different for scout and ints.

The PP for scouts is pretty much the same as CC10 pp. Maybe a little less range. Then the int's pp is more like a actual pulse. You purchase pp in exp like usual and both ships get pp just is different for which ship you use it with. Is that even possible?

Also what if you buy PP for scouts in Garr for normal pps and the pp in exp is the one that either pulses or doesn't have near as good range. I agree with Masta, I think pp as more of a actual pulse would be a better balance. Atleast it would be something to try.

I think if you want Tac to be somewhat useable again. Get rid of Hvy scouts, or atleast lower their scan range. there scan range with pps makes sbing much harder then it used to be before hvy scouts were introduced. If I remember hvy scouts were brought into the game because "It sounded cool to have a scout with a turret". I know i am probably in the minority with the hvy scouts issue.
_xJammer_

Post by _xJammer_ »

Too early to tell about dreg ints. They seem to be similar in head-on, and easier from the sides, but again, needs to have a few games, and an actual proof that it makes dreg too strong.

Problem with scouts + pps vs tac is not the scout's scan range, but the sheer amount of pps he has (2 per slot for normal scouts, 4 per slot for heavy scouts).
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

Shizoku wrote:QUOTE (Shizoku @ Jan 24 2011, 12:15 PM) For the amount of speed that dreg has, the current int model is too thin.
i seem to remember cautioning against implementing new models which are better than the old ones as Dreg is already one of the best factions in the game in CC, and it really doesn't need to be perked!
LANS

Post by LANS »

Adept wrote:QUOTE (Adept @ Jan 24 2011, 03:21 PM) There would also be the option to lower dreg hull to 0.85 if they seem too tough.
Would it be possible to only change the dreg int hull, not the entire faction? It may be an option to consider either instead of or in conjunction with a size change.
ImageImage
Adept

Post by Adept »

LANS wrote:QUOTE (LANS @ Jan 24 2011, 11:42 PM) Would it be possible to only change the dreg int hull, not the entire faction?
Not really a good idea. No need for special cases like that. It's easy enough to scale these things for fine tuning.
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

I'd really like to see the hitboxes for the new dreg models relative to the old ones
BackTrak

Post by BackTrak »

Would it be possible to have int PPs not detect utility hull? That way they could be used to fight SFS/SBS and not beeline ints to miners (if that's what the team is trying to limit).
ImageImage