Publicity Zone

Suggestions, problems regarding the site and other community facilities.
Hishimia

Post by Hishimia »

How about a team of people as our official representatives.

Organize some advertising strategery and all that.

I have a plan for a first project.

mightandmagic

There is a web based MMORTS based on the Might and Magic franchise called Might and Magic Heroes Kingdoms. This game already has a pretty massive PAYING player base, but it also allows non paying players to play at a pretty high level indefinitely. It also includes a pretty robust Squad/Alliance/Guild whathaveyou system giving each one a forum and a pretty good inbox system.

There are also dozens of servers with thousands of people per.

I am playing on about 5 of those servers ATM and running some very powerful alliances.

The skill level is also rather high among the player populations. It also caters to a key demographic of players we need... Commanders.

If we had people go and create a kingdom on some servers and join a guild and talk about allegiance and around the server in general, I bet you we could get at least 50 new players. Less than half will probably stay but 20 new people is technically enough to make a couple squads.
Shodex

Post by Shodex »

There are more obvious places to try too:
Space Sim Central

That forum would be the the first place I'd look to find people willing to invest time in a good space sim. And I'm sure there are many users with past experience that may want to rejoin.

With the amount of die hards on that site, I'm sure there are plenty with real deadly aim.
Press space, Commander.
notjarvis

Post by notjarvis »

We have a marketing team ran by Sai, I think they were waiting a bit cos R6 was imminent - not sure what they are planning now. I'd get in touch with him with this idea as they had some nice advertising stuff written i think...
Hyro wrote:QUOTE (Hyro @ Jan 16 2011, 11:20 PM) If we had people go and create a kingdom on some servers and join a guild and talk about allegiance and around the server in general, I bet you we could get at least 50 new players. Less than half will probably stay but 20 new people is technically enough to make a couple squads.
To be honest I think your overestimating how many will stay,

I'd guess 10 % at the very most personally.
FreeBeer

Post by FreeBeer »

Sai's being hammered with RL. Yeah, we were expecting the go heavier on marketing efforts when R6 seemed to be close to release since it (and CSS) would address some of the issues folks run into with getting connected. However it seems that R6 and CSS, while still proceeding, is taking too long. I'd favour a renewed effort now then a stronger one when the other planets align. :D
[img]http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/st ... erator.gif" alt="IPB Image">

chown -R us base
Imago

Post by Imago »

hi is this the right place?

These bugs haven't been fixed yet because don't have any developers interested in fixing them up. --Tigereye
Imago's stupid-sensor is supersensitive. --RealPandemonium
The art is managing the flow of the drama to achieve the desired results. --Big_Beta_Tester
joeld wrote:But we’ve been amazed at the level to which some of the Allegiance fans have remained hard-core.
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

I'd suggest you PM Rav for Marketing access, hyro.
Image Image Image
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan ("The Lives of the Stars" ep. 9 Cosmos)
Rants Blog Cadillac, *Wurflet@Event, ?GoldDragon@Alleg, ^Biggus*#$@us@XT, +Ashandarei@Zone
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

Hitting forums is trickier than it sounds. The hardest part is plugging your game without making it seem like you are plugging a game. You'd think it would be easy with such a great game, but that's always the case.

I posted on 5-6 forums over a week or two last year. 2 of the accounts were banned after my first post, and only 1 thread I started and singe post I made in a pre-existing one survived more than a week.

There is benefit, I'm sure, but you need patience, and a flair for talking about things with appearing to talk about them.
Last edited by Adaven on Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheCorsair

Post by TheCorsair »

Another huge part to it is once people come to check the game out that it looks like an active game and that there are people on hand to be friendly and help right away which I think most of us can have a go at doing. Not all new guys will log on a second time mainly because the game looks too complex, not what they expected, too dated or dead.
"Neither east nor west" Image
UNITED FOREVER IN FRIENDSHIP AND LABOUR
"The clouds are fleeting over every country, we stand fast, for no kind of rain will take away our smiles."