SpaceJunk's Art Yard

Discussion area for user-created Allegiance models, textures, voicechats, music, and other ingame content.
Orion

Post by Orion »

Steam.. as in gas water? Why is it trapped in the gravity of that small rock? wouldnt it just immediately float away?
Andon

Post by Andon »

Adaven wrote:QUOTE (Adaven @ Jan 6 2011, 11:22 PM) Even if the rock was 100% Uranium, it would still only be about 4 times more dense than average Earth density.

Tech rocks in Alleg are what, 3-4km? So surface gravity would be something like 0.02 m/s^2.

Although I do like the steam idea.
Err... An alleg sector is less than 3km top to bottom. A Tech Rock has a radius of what... 50m?

Still - It looks neat.
ImageImage
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

Andon wrote:QUOTE (Andon @ Jan 7 2011, 08:04 PM) Err... An alleg sector is less than 3km top to bottom. A Tech Rock has a radius of what... 50m?

Still - It looks neat.
I was being generous.
SpaceJunk

Post by SpaceJunk »

If you are going to nitpick, you will have to explain where shipyards yard all those ships.

Anyway, the steamy U rock is a methaphor for the hungry gravity of life's craving for power, which exceeds its actual material substance. You just can't appreciate Allegiance's poetic message.
Adept

Post by Adept »

SpaceJunk wrote:QUOTE (SpaceJunk @ Jan 8 2011, 06:21 AM) You just can't appreciate Allegiance's poetic message.
:lol:

Sorry, but I also prefer it as a classic U-rock. Other than that your more-rounded rocks are 'teh awesome'. :thumbsup:
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
fuzzylunkin1

Post by fuzzylunkin1 »

Heh, nice to see a thread where you keep everything. It was getting really tedious finding everything of yours I like to use :P .
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

SpaceJunk wrote:QUOTE (SpaceJunk @ Jan 7 2011, 11:21 PM) If you are going to nitpick, you will have to explain where shipyards yard all those ships.
They contain a "Fantastic Voyage space ship shrinking device" :lol:
Last edited by raumvogel on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

FYI the "steam" is vaporised mercury held in place by electromagnetic forced produced by currents inside the molten U rock. Also why it forms rings rather than an even distribution.
Alternately it is electrostatic forces acting on charged particles within the gass, U rock's surface charge alternates +-+-. Result is gas gets attracted to some places (where the rings are) and not others, the gas doesn't reach the surface because of the heat - equilibrium static forces pulling in against the gas trying to fly off into space.
If you're still not happy, then I will say that there is a witch living in the rock and she smokes and uses magic to keep the nicotine smoke around because it is hard to buy cigars when you live on a u rock.
Zekros

Post by Zekros »

madpeople wrote:QUOTE (madpeople @ Feb 9 2011, 06:54 AM) If you're still not happy, then I will say that there is a witch living in the rock and she smokes and uses magic to keep the nicotine smoke around because it is hard to buy cigars when you live on a u rock.
LOL Mad!!!
Later
captainpod
SpaceJunk

Post by SpaceJunk »

The good news: I've learned to remap UVs and paint textures with Blender, so I'll be retexturing GT ships now.

The bad news: some texturing requires using big brushes and my little laptop struggles with them, so it will take a while to complete all ships.