A note from the core people

A place to discuss user-created Allegiance 3D models, textures, images, and other visual ingame content.
DasSmiter

Post by DasSmiter »

If you're making models please consider letting us in on the prelims and being willing to discuss changes to the design

We don't want to censor your artistic vision or whatever, but models have an enormous impact on gameplay. We welcome all modelers and I personally am happy to see some new art flowing into Allegiance (and good stuff too!), but if the model/hitbox is too thin or other such nonsense we may not be able to use it in the game.

Also as far as vetting your designs with us goes, this is not a corporation. We aren't going to say "Ah, but what if you added a puppy? People love puppies we are adding that." We'll mostly have some questions about what the final hitbox will seem like and perhaps a suggestion to change some elements (perhaps instead of putting the giant dong on the top you could put it on the front?).

As I said, we're happy to have a look see at new models (some of our factions desperately need a new look). Just don't get offended if they don't pass final balance testing please.
ImageImageImage
Get over yourselves, don't try to win arguments on the internet where the option of a punch in the mouth is unavailable
"It is not that I cannot create anything good, but that I will not." And to prove this, he created the peacock.
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

elongated head to tail, or very flat models are problems in head to head fighting,

wise man once said to me, i think his name was vegeta
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
Dorjan

Post by Dorjan »

The new dreg int doesn't look flat to me, and assuming it isn't the size of a scout (IC ints are huge for example) then I see no problem with it. However I think the best way is to round up a bunch of known good dogfighters and see what they think. Do this on all servers (for high ping battles too) and if they're OK then use them, if not then ask them to change it for reasons xyz.

Artists need someone to help with core preping. I used to have a server set up but haven't touched beta in a while (no time) so I'm not sure I can help host / test.
I decided to relive the days gone by in my new blog.
---
Remember, what I say is IMO always. If I say that something sucks, it actually means "I think it sucks" OK?
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Jan 31 2012, 03:09 PM) True story.

Except the big about dorjan being jelly, that's just spidey's ego.
ImageImage
TheCorsair

Post by TheCorsair »

I would be happy to test given my ping
"Neither east nor west" Image
UNITED FOREVER IN FRIENDSHIP AND LABOUR
"The clouds are fleeting over every country, we stand fast, for no kind of rain will take away our smiles."
Adept

Post by Adept »

Weedman wrote:QUOTE (Weedman @ Nov 23 2010, 03:19 AM) elongated head to tail, or very flat models are problems in head to head fighting,

wise man once said to me, i think his name was vegeta
Is this irony or a sick joke? :glare:

You are talking about the man behind the original TF int afterall. 'nuff said.

/edit

Aslso Smiter, you are approaching this from the wrong end. This is only a problem for truly broken designs (like said original TF int). For anything with an even close to reasonable shape the solution is scaling. I don't know why you bunch of little girls are so scared now :roll:
Last edited by Adept on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
DasSmiter

Post by DasSmiter »

As far as scaling goes you can still end up with a mile long int that has an appropriate forward facing hitbox :)

I'm just saying don't be offended if your models don't end up getting used
ImageImageImage
Get over yourselves, don't try to win arguments on the internet where the option of a punch in the mouth is unavailable
"It is not that I cannot create anything good, but that I will not." And to prove this, he created the peacock.
Adept

Post by Adept »

Doesn't look like it will be a problem.

OH has proved anyway that an interesting hitbox is a feature, not a bug. the int is great 1 on 1, but has a huge fat back and belly to shoot at.
Dengaroth

Post by Dengaroth »

Adept wrote:QUOTE (Adept @ Nov 23 2010, 04:19 PM) OH has proved anyway that an interesting hitbox is a feature, not a bug. the int is great 1 on 1, but has a huge fat back and belly to shoot at.
The obvious problem with this is that it simply doesn't scale well. (in terms of game size scaling, not model size scaling)
RT: The number of typical responses decreases exponentially as the number of joke options increases.
Adept

Post by Adept »

Dengaroth wrote:QUOTE (Dengaroth @ Nov 23 2010, 05:36 PM) The obvious problem with this is that it simply doesn't scale well. (in terms of game size scaling, not model size scaling)
I dunno. While I personally really like flying and even successfully tried commanding OH exp, it doesn't seem to be a favorite. Maybe the hitbox isnt't quite as good as it feels like to me.
Broodwich

Post by Broodwich »

Dengaroth wrote:QUOTE (Dengaroth @ Nov 23 2010, 07:36 AM) The obvious problem with this is that it simply doesn't scale well. (in terms of game size scaling, not model size scaling)
you can say the same thing about sup and sy tbh
QUOTE Drizzo: ha ha good old chap
Drizzo: i am a brit
Drizzo: tut tut
Drizzo: wankarrrrrr
Drizzo: i only have sex whilst in the missionary position[/quote] Fas est et ab hoste doceri - Ovid