Training Core 03

Development areas for Allegiance core (IGC) design.
Xeretov

Post by Xeretov »

Its long overdue, but version 03 of the training core is finished and should be out soon if it isn't already. Here is a (mostly) complete list of updates made:

Changes from tcor_02

New Equipment Booster C Util Can C Sniper C Disruptor C Cash Box 4 Stinger C Hammer T EW Cleaner Probably a few more I can't think ofNew Ships Training Fighter Training Stealth Fighter Training HTT Training Stealth Bomber Bomber DronesOther Additions & Changes The core has been completely rebuilt based off of CC_10 so everything is now up to date. All of the custom part icons will also work in the training core. The ammo & fuel icons now also use the same files as the community core. Added the Training Base, which makes most tech available for research so you can easily customize what you have. The base can build on any normal or tech rock for convenience. Instructors now cost $725 each so you can decide whether to hand them out or not. Instructors can now mount Cleaner, which is basically a Skyrip. Use it to clear rocks or anything else that needs to go. All the specialty training equipment is now unavailable by default when development is on. Equipment is unlocked by research items under Garrison much like Cashboxes. This will help reduce the clutter on both the F5 Construction tab and the loadout screen as you don't have to unlock what you don't need. All special equipment is still available when development is set to off. The recommended drone limits have been changed. Exceeding these limits can cause lag issues as the drones are not intended to be spammed. Too many drones out can cause the server to get a little wonky though I've never had any issues without having a lot of drones out. Stay within the limits and everything will be fine. Combat [C] drones now use the [C] weapons. There was an issue with giving them standard weapons (so you could upgrade them) and this was the simplest fix. DM10 (nan) No longer affects base shields. This is a bugfix for scout drones. DM15 (skyrip) does 4x damage to asteroids now Some other corrections. Basically errors/bugs that were in tcor_02 shouldn't be in tcor_03.The old information post for tcor_02 can be found here, though be warned it is somewhat out of date.

One final note: This is the last release of the training core I plan to do. If anyone wants to pick up development of the core then you have my permission.
Last edited by Xeretov on Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lexaal

Post by lexaal »

thx
I have a johnson photo in my profile since 2010.
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

With all the development going on, you'd think this game was about to become a Facebook app. :biggrin:

Many thanks to all of the devs.
Jimen

Post by Jimen »

AWESOME, hope this sees some use!
Weylin

Post by Weylin »

This'll come in handy

Any idea when it'll be added to the patching system? It doesn't work at the moment.

EDIT:
I know you said you're not doing another update, but I have a suggestion.

Can you come up with a drone type that uses a gun that it thinks is a repair weapon, but actually causes damage?
I tried ordering a scout on me with friendly fire on, and it started damaging and repairing me at the same time, so I know it's possible.

This would just allow for drone combat when there's only one team. You'd tell a drone to repair someone, and it'd open fire on them.
Last edited by Weylin on Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.