ICE 3.44

Core Editor
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

ICE 3.44 : http://code.google.com/p/allegice/

edit: current version is 3.44 which fixes 2 nasty bugs in 3.42/3.43

New in 3.42 (some of this was part of the pre-released 3.42)

updated to VC10 (VC++ 2010 runtime required if you don't have it already) now use registry key "Artpath" instead of "EXE Path" for artwork location minor error messages fix & sorting ship loadout UI fixes & sorting added link button from station to drone (constructor) more checks in validation: station successor and constructor & last station must be a flag pedestal major internal change: 'shared IGC source' with Allegiance. This exposed new attributes (or changing names of old ones):
factions: HUDdevel: floating icontreasures set: detailed powerups, devels addedprojectiles: directionnal & absolute speed as check boxesdrones: icon preview and path addedstations: 'scale' renamed 'radius', textureships: 'scale' renamed 'length', weapon & pack masks exposed (unused by game yet as of R5/R6)missiles: bDirectional textureName (nyi: timeToBuild & width)parts: lot of attributes renamed
As you can see most changes are cosmetic except for:

new type of treasure as devel and editable floating icon for devel. The game code should support this but plz test a lot before.Tex & bDirectional for missile: allow to render missile using a 2d sprite (a decal) instead of a 3D model. think: rapide rate of fire missiles , very small missiles or huge missile swarm... once again the game code support this but no core implemented it yet.
Last edited by KGJV on Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AaronMoore

Post by AaronMoore »

Nice work!
Thanks for providing this KGJV :)
KGJV wrote:QUOTE (KGJV @ Aug 21 2010, 06:23 AM) ICE 3.42 : http://code.google.com/p/allegice/

missiles: bDirectional textureName (nyi: timeToBuild & width)
Tex & bDirectional for missile: allow to render missile using a 2d sprite (a decal) instead of a 3D model. think: rapide rate of fire missiles , very small missiles or huge missile swarm...
Wow, a huge missile swarm would be awesome!
Xeretov

Post by Xeretov »

Outstanding, thanks KGJV.
NightRychune

Post by NightRychune »

The notion of floating GAs is very interesting.

How would 2d sprite missiles handle being shot down?
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

NightRychune wrote:QUOTE (NightRychune @ Aug 21 2010, 09:27 AM) How would 2d sprite missiles handle being shot down?
I've no idea, I haven't looked at the game code for this. Since the model can be null, I guess the missile collision box default to a single point ? But that's just a guess for now.
TurkeyXIII

Post by TurkeyXIII »

I imagine it'd use the same collision detection as bullets hitting a ship etc. You could shoot them down with something that has a model, such as a missile, but bullets would have to be in exactly the same spot. Which is nigh-impossible. Balancing that behaviour is for the core dev who decides to use it. Which is what KGJV said.

Ok then, to add something useful to the topic: Thanks KGJV! I haven't had the chance to play with this yet but I will.
QUOTE (Randall Munroe)14.2: Turkey consumption rate of the average American in milligrams per minute[/quote]
DasSmiter

Post by DasSmiter »

As long as we don't touch the new options there's no chance or producing a jacked up core file right? I'd like to use the new version, but I don't want there to be any chance of me submitting a broken core (unless I want to break it)
ImageImageImage
Get over yourselves, don't try to win arguments on the internet where the option of a punch in the mouth is unavailable
"It is not that I cannot create anything good, but that I will not." And to prove this, he created the peacock.
Xeretov

Post by Xeretov »

I've run into an odd bug.

Seems whenever I duplicate a booster (to add a new one) none of the consumption/thrust/etc. values get copied over correctly. They all become very odd values like 3.28066. Further duplications keep randomizing the number.
Last edited by Xeretov on Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

Xeretov wrote:QUOTE (Xeretov @ Aug 22 2010, 11:08 PM) I've run into an odd bug.

Seems whenever I duplicate a booster (to add a new one) none of the consumption/thrust/etc. values get copied over correctly. They all become very odd values like 3.28066. Further duplications keep randomizing the number.
tx i'll look into that. Is it only for booster ?
Xeretov

Post by Xeretov »

Hmm I thought it was, but just went and confirmed and it seems to be happening for any part that gets duplicated.

Everything else looks ok: Projectiles, ships, stations, devels, etc.