ICE 3.44

Core Editor
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

Yeah I found the duplicate bug, it's a very bad one and causes memory corruption around the newly copied objects so deleted 3.42 and do not use it at all.

3.43 is out and fixes this bug.
Xeretov

Post by Xeretov »

KGJV wrote:QUOTE (KGJV @ Aug 23 2010, 03:50 PM) causes memory corruption around the newly copied objects
Ouch.

Thanks for the fix.

Edit: Turns out I had a backup for this core I was too dumb to remember about. :P
Last edited by Xeretov on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TurkeyXIII

Post by TurkeyXIII »

Found a bug! When the 'sort' box is unchecked at the top of the tree, there aren't any chaffs, mines, missiles or probes in the parts list. In 3.41 (or whatever I was using before) those parts were included with everything else when the box was unchecked. (When the box is checked those parts have their own sub-branch, which is expected behaviour.)
QUOTE (Randall Munroe)14.2: Turkey consumption rate of the average American in milligrams per minute[/quote]
Broodwich

Post by Broodwich »

join us wednesday for beta testing ice!
QUOTE Drizzo: ha ha good old chap
Drizzo: i am a brit
Drizzo: tut tut
Drizzo: wankarrrrrr
Drizzo: i only have sex whilst in the missionary position[/quote] Fas est et ab hoste doceri - Ovid
juckto

Post by juckto »

QUOTE Tex & bDirectional for missile: allow to render missile using a 2d sprite (a decal) instead of a 3D model. think: rapide rate of fire missiles , very small missiles or huge missile swarm... once again the game code support this but no core implemented it yet.[/quote]
Will this potentially fix the issue of a launcher that fires more than one missile at a time having the (quite likely) 'bug' of missiles "hitting each other at launch and destroying each other".
Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

It's a work around, not a fix.
Also, says here it's fixed in R6.
I would imagine that big swarms of missiles would cause lag.
Last edited by madpeople on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

TurkeyXIII wrote:QUOTE (TurkeyXIII @ Aug 24 2010, 08:04 AM) Found a bug! When the 'sort' box is unchecked at the top of the tree, there aren't any chaffs, mines, missiles or probes in the parts list. In 3.41 (or whatever I was using before) those parts were included with everything else when the box was unchecked. (When the box is checked those parts have their own sub-branch, which is expected behaviour.)
nice find. There is a major internal change between 3.41 and 3.42/3.43 concerning how fixed and launched parts are handled hence the 3.42 issue and this one.

I'll do the fix for this one to but won't release a new version ICE yet, i'll wait to add more fixes or features. Unlike the 3.42 bug, this bug is not fatal to memory so there is no hurry unless you (= all core devs) really really need to be able to sort launched parts...(which only affect the order they're displayed in the F4 context menus).
Andon

Post by Andon »

When copying a ship, the weapon mount details are completely $#@!ed up. Seems to randomize what weapons that mount can actually have instead of copying, along with a random number for Interior sound and Turn sound. Random... characters are created for the "Frame Name" as well. You can change them normally and have the changes stick, but it's still a pain in the ass.

EDIT: when trying to delete these newly created ships, ICE crashes instead.
Last edited by Andon on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

Andon wrote:QUOTE (Andon @ Sep 5 2010, 05:45 AM) When copying a ship, the weapon mount details are completely $#@!ed up. Seems to randomize what weapons that mount can actually have instead of copying, along with a random number for Interior sound and Turn sound. Random... characters are created for the "Frame Name" as well. You can change them normally and have the changes stick, but it's still a pain in the ass.

EDIT: when trying to delete these newly created ships, ICE crashes instead.
nice find. same bug as the parts one. fixed in 3.44, now available.