Artwork request

Discussion area for user-created Allegiance models, textures, voicechats, music, and other ingame content.
Xynth

Post by Xynth »

http://trac.alleg.net/ticket/171

Just hoping for a border-type icon that goes around the actual icon. Examples are the triangles displayed around your own ship, or the bracket around an artifact. I put some info the in last entry of the ticket as well.
Xynth@PK
Compellor

Post by Compellor »

That artwork doesn't go around the icon, it goes around the actual ship. Alleg seems to split the image into quadrants and then moves those quadrants outward or inward based on how close the camera is to the ship.

Is that the sort of thing you want? If not, a better example of what you're looking for would be helpful, but I don't think there currently are any border-type icons.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
Beyond a shadow of a doubt if you don't watch them like a hawk they will stack their collective balls off - MrChaos on Alleg players
Xynth

Post by Xynth »

Compellor wrote:QUOTE (Compellor @ Aug 12 2010, 01:41 PM) That artwork doesn't go around the icon, it goes around the actual ship. Alleg seems to split the image into quadrants and then moves those quadrants outward or inward based on how close the camera is to the ship.

Is that the sort of thing you want? If not, a better example of what you're looking for would be helpful, but I don't think there currently are any border-type icons.
Yeah, I think you are right. This family of icons I am adding to is the same as the missile lock effect so it will go around the ship. Zoomed out in F3 it looks like it goes around the main icon. Spawn made an icon I will use for my initial implementation. It is attached to the ticket.
Xynth@PK