Is this still going ?

The land-based version of Allegiance, under construction.
finnbryant

Post by finnbryant »

I'm still around, disappeared for 3 and a half weeks due to a "family emergency" (if you read that as, "someone died", you'd be right)

I'm still working on it, if you can convince me you have more chance of finishing than i do, ill stand down and let you have a go.

What kind of framework do you refer to? I'm working with combination c++ and python on top of a game engine cos python can be written much faster than c++ and the game engine obviously hugely reduces the workload, are you sure your framework will work out faster (even with the extra speed you could bring by being a generally better/more experienced programmer than me)?

Orion, if you insist on trolling this section of the forums in future, kindly include something useful/informative/amusing alongside, or i will be sorely tempted to delete further posts by you.

EDIT: I have included examples of potential additions that might make your posts acceptable

Just to be clear, i have no problem with you discussing the possibility of starting a project with KGJV, but try not to be inflammatory
Last edited by finnbryant on Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion

Post by Orion »

Grow up, dude. Have you ever played allegiance? It's a multiplayer game which combines elements of RTS and first person twitch action, set in space. You should check it out.
Imago

Post by Imago »

^^ jerk

These bugs haven't been fixed yet because don't have any developers interested in fixing them up. --Tigereye
Imago's stupid-sensor is supersensitive. --RealPandemonium
The art is managing the flow of the drama to achieve the desired results. --Big_Beta_Tester
joeld wrote:But we’ve been amazed at the level to which some of the Allegiance fans have remained hard-core.
Orion

Post by Orion »

^^ pot, kettle, etc.
finnbryant

Post by finnbryant »

:lol:
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

What is Quantus anyway
Image Image Image
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." Carl Sagan ("The Lives of the Stars" ep. 9 Cosmos)
Rants Blog Cadillac, *Wurflet@Event, ?GoldDragon@Alleg, ^Biggus*#$@us@XT, +Ashandarei@Zone
HSharp

Post by HSharp »

A silly name, I wonder who came up with that :P
fuzzylunkin1

Post by fuzzylunkin1 »

We've actually begun to kick up progress again.

Currently one of the things being worked on is not directly Quantus-related, but Scratchee is integrating Berkelium into Panda3D so we can use basic HTML and Javascript to code a GUI system.
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

I may be wrong, but how can a website become a proper GUI for anything in-game?
Image Image Image
fuzzylunkin1

Post by fuzzylunkin1 »

All a website is is code. The browser converts user-friendly markup to other crap and renders it onto the screen.

It's useful for rapid development.

By the way, I might be wrong about javascript. I'm not sure about that.