PU items icons for cc10 parci style, In 2 flavors!

Discussion area for user-created Allegiance models, textures, voicechats, music, and other ingame content.
Spinoza

Post by Spinoza »

parcival wrote:QUOTE (parcival @ Aug 22 2010, 03:21 PM) All icons are 16x16 so they do not clutter (no high detail LOL!). My PC is an old laptop with 1024x768 resolution so if someone had cluttering issue it would be me.
I will test these icons with R6 just in case, thanks for pointing this out.
I run @1360x1024 but I still see icons piling up on top of each other in the gutter or in F3 when zoomed out... I think you and I have a different definition for clutter*.
Pardon the rude question, do you fly with radar showing less than all?
FYI, the reason I prefer coloured crosses for fuel/ammo is because they are easier to ignore when you don't need them but easy to pick out when you do. I got attention deficit disorder so it make a difference for me.

BTW, I've been considering icons larger than 16x16... as long as these are items which do not show up in the minimap, they should work fine. (The minimap is sized for 16x16 icons only)

* An interesting paper on measuring visual clutter.
(I can't believe I finally found a reason to cite this 3 year old paper)
Image Image Image
parcival

Post by parcival »

Radar always on All!
Well it's a matter of taste. I like to see something representative to what I am looking for and colored crosses don't compute in my mind :)

I wouldn't go for something bigger than 16x16 though (unless resolutions explode to 32000000x16000000).
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
" There is good in everyone. You just need the eyes for it. "
Spinoza

Post by Spinoza »

parcival wrote:QUOTE (parcival @ Aug 22 2010, 04:08 PM) I wouldn't go for something bigger than 16x16 though (unless resolutions explode to 32000000x16000000).
Actually making the icons bigger is not what I have in mind.. except for maybe Alephs, prox mines and possibly towers.
For anything else, I just want to offset the original icon so they don't overlap in the HUD gutter so much.

I tried messing with the aleph icon but for some reason it didn't work... the game ignored my icon! I think there might be more than one Aleph icon file...
Image Image Image
ledfist

Post by ledfist »

Thanks parci, i'm using flavour#1. Looking good :thumbsup:
ImageImage
parcival

Post by parcival »

LedFist wrote:QUOTE (LedFist @ Aug 23 2010, 02:21 AM) Thanks parci, i'm using flavour#1. Looking good :thumbsup:
You are welcome :)
spideycw

Post by spideycw »

Parci does fun work :biggrin:
I'm sorry I don't remember any of it. For you the day spideycw graced your squad with utter destruction was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Sunday
Idanmel wrote:QUOTE (Idanmel @ Mar 19 2012, 05:54 AM) I am ashamed for all the drama I caused, I have much to learn on how to behave when things don't go my way.

My apologies.
parcival

Post by parcival »

spideycw wrote:QUOTE (spideycw @ Aug 23 2010, 04:38 AM) Parci does fun work :biggrin:
:D
And I find fun in my work :)
parcival

Post by parcival »

Updated initial post with working links.
`yt fuzzylunkin1 for pointing this out!
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Bump for links that work.
There's a new sheriff in town.
Imago

Post by Imago »

all links dead

These bugs haven't been fixed yet because don't have any developers interested in fixing them up. --Tigereye
Imago's stupid-sensor is supersensitive. --RealPandemonium
The art is managing the flow of the drama to achieve the desired results. --Big_Beta_Tester
joeld wrote:But we’ve been amazed at the level to which some of the Allegiance fans have remained hard-core.