Allegiance Modulus

Catch-all for all development not having a specific forum.
dusanc

Post by dusanc »

What's happening with modulus?
I tried .27 and it won't start with WinXP SP3 and comodo AV, .NET 4.0

It would be nice to get all this working, there's a lot of nice things that can be uploaded to modulus.
- "History repeats itself for a reason" - "It's easy to cry for war when you've never experienced it" - "It's better to negotiate for 10 years then make war for 10 days" - "The strong do as they will, and the weak do as they must"
notjarvis

Post by notjarvis »

What sort of error message did you get? I had no problem with it on win7....

There's a bug tracker for it, which'll probably alert orion.

http://allegiancemodulus.codeplex.com/
dusanc

Post by dusanc »

No error message at all, I click the icon and nothing happens. I get hourglass coursor for few seconds and that's it.
- "History repeats itself for a reason" - "It's easy to cry for war when you've never experienced it" - "It's better to negotiate for 10 years then make war for 10 days" - "The strong do as they will, and the weak do as they must"
Cortex

Post by Cortex »

DusanC wrote:QUOTE (DusanC @ Feb 10 2011, 04:20 PM) No error message at all, I click the icon and nothing happens. I get hourglass coursor for few seconds and that's it.
Doesn't sound good, you should really create a ticket on the issue tracker and attach the log that Modulus generates to it.
This is Sparta. Not spa. — Wurf
dusanc

Post by dusanc »

Codeplex requires me to log in....
This is what I found in event viewer, there's no log file in modulus directory.

CODEApplication: Modulus.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Stack:
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._SerializationInvoke(System.IRuntimeMethodInfo, System.Object, System.SignatureStruct ByRef, System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo, System.Runtime.Serialization.StreamingContext)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.CompleteISerializableObject(System.Ob
ject, System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo, System.Runtime.Serialization.StreamingContext)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.FixupSpecialObject(System.Runtime.Ser
ialization.ObjectHolder)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.DoFixups()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(System.R
untime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler, System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser, Boolean, Boolean, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMethodCallMessage)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Syste
m.IO.Stream, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler, Boolean, Boolean, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMethodCallMessage)
at System.Resources.ResourceReader.DeserializeObject(Int32)
at System.Resources.ResourceReader._LoadObjectV2(Int32, System.Resources.ResourceTypeCode ByRef)
at System.Resources.ResourceReader.LoadObjectV2(Int32, System.Resources.ResourceTypeCode ByRef)
at System.Resources.ResourceReader.LoadObject(Int32, System.Resources.ResourceTypeCode ByRef)
at System.Resources.RuntimeResourceSet.GetObject(System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.Resources.RuntimeResourceSet.GetObject(System.String, Boolean)
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(System.String, System.Globalization.CultureInfo, Boolean)
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(System.String)
at Allegiance.Modulus.Client.Forms.MainForm.InitializeComponent()
at Allegiance.Modulus.Client.Forms.MainForm..ctor()
at Allegiance.Modulus.Client.Program.Main(System.String[])

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Spinoza

Post by Spinoza »

DusanC wrote:QUOTE (DusanC @ Feb 10 2011, 04:29 PM) What's happening with modulus?

It would be nice to get all this working, there's a lot of nice things that can be uploaded to modulus.
If you can't get it to work, you can still install packages manually... the modulus files are just RARs, you just won't get the benefit of having modulus autosave a snapshot of the stuff you're overwriting...
The website is down or just giving me trouble right now, but I think you can d/l individual packages directly.
http://modulus.wivuu.com/
Image Image Image
notjarvis

Post by notjarvis »

I think the website is down actually I think

This may be the cause of the problem especially as the log posted mentions System.Runtime.Remoting which is a namespace regarding distributed Apps.
dusanc

Post by dusanc »

I have no problem with website. I can see it. Last submitted file is Lead indicator - Thin Diamond on 7/20/10
Phalanxe

Post by Phalanxe »

DusanC wrote:QUOTE (DusanC @ Feb 10 2011, 05:29 AM) What's happening with modulus?

same problem
QUOTE 08/15/14 20:08:53: BabelFish (all): there are too many blacks on[/quote]
100%
Orion

Post by Orion »

Yes, the website was down for several days, but it's been back up since yesterday. There was a DNS issue.