Allegiance Modulus

Catch-all for all development not having a specific forum.
Cortex

Post by Cortex »

Sorry for all the necroreplying. Haven't followed the forum for a while, so I have some catching up to do now.
fuzzylunkin1 wrote:Modulus should have some kind of CLI i can use
create a .desc file in each folder package and do a batch job to create mods quickly
like creating .deb files
That's basically what I did with a batch file for CortUI. Have a look at the BuildModulusPackage.cmd. (There are some required related files, like your mod's Definition.xml and 7zip for packaging, but you can find them all in the repo.)
Spinoza wrote:QUOTE (Spinoza @ Jul 27 2010, 09:36 PM) I could do something similar in AHK or Python (if I knew Python) and if it were an option.
Nothing should stop you from doing it in IronPython. :) It should be quite simple, but I'd be curious to try this, so feel free to contact me if you're intested.
Orion wrote:QUOTE (Orion @ Aug 8 2010, 11:40 PM) I'm implementing tags, and I'm thinking we should come up with a standard list of tags so people aren't creating very similar ones. I'm not going to lock anyone out of making up their own tags, just going to have a list of recommended ones: (note: they're going to be case-insensitive)

"Texture"
"Icons"
"GUI"
"Voice"
I would rename 'Voice' to 'Voicechat' (as Spinoza said), to make clear that it encompasses not only new voice chat packs, but also pure rearrangements.

Another type of mod I could think of are keyboard remappings (inputmap1.mdl).

I don't think 'CortUI' should be a tag, but I'd suggest 'UI' (there is no CLI for Alleg, so we don't need 'GUI') for stuff that generally modifies the UI of Allegiance and 'HUD' for individual HUDs. I'll tag the current CortUI installer with both -- of course it could also make sense to split it up into a number of different mods, but that's too much work for my taste right now.

PS: Just call it 1.0, Orion. End the fear of going post-0.x. :)

PPS: I agree on not making CortUI a featured mod, btw. Those who like it know about it and will find it. Use the featuring to promote new, less well-known, mods.
Last edited by Cortex on Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is Sparta. Not spa. — Wurf
Orion

Post by Orion »

There are still a few features I want to implement (especially to the website) and I need some more testing done before I say "it's 1.0!".

As for the voice/voicechat thing, the reason it's "Voice" is that "voice" will cover people searching for "voicechat" and "voice chat". Only the mod developer sees the tag (so far), so it's hidden to the user, the user only sees that they typed in "voicechat" and found all the "Voice" tagged mods.

Also, 026 is now live. The major change here is that if you have modulus running and you click a modulus:// link or try to open a .mod file, the mod will now be selected in the original process rather than opening up a new Modulus window. This is done by transmitting the commandline from the new process via a named pipe to the existing process, the new process is then closed.

--026--
Changes:
- Fixed issue downloading external mods with modulus:// handler.
- Allow one running instance

-- FUTURE --
- Add 'Cancel' button to mod downloads
- Make use of 'ArtPath' registry setting (oversight/bug)
- Disable form while Allegiance.exe is running

Edit: I agree about the GUI/UI thing. Changed to UI.
Last edited by Orion on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cortex

Post by Cortex »

Orion wrote:QUOTE (Orion @ Aug 14 2010, 07:03 PM) As for the voice/voicechat thing, the reason it's "Voice" is that "voice" will cover people searching for "voicechat" and "voice chat". Only the mod developer sees the tag (so far), so it's hidden to the user, the user only sees that they typed in "voicechat" and found all the "Voice" tagged mods.
Agreed on the underlying feature. I think they should eventually be visible however, and if only for the visual feedback of search results. ("Why do I see 'ABC Mod', when I searched for 'voice'?") But it's currently an incremental filter for names, why not do the same for tags? ("Co" matches "CortUI" and "Coloured cross icons", the same way "voi" could match all mods either containing "voi" in the name or having a tag that contains "voi", namely both "voicechat" and "voice chat".)
This is Sparta. Not spa. — Wurf
Orion

Post by Orion »

In the interim, I think it would be fine to change the initial searchbox text (before you type something in) to something like "search names and features". The filter will already search tags with only partial typing.. so a user typing in "voi" would get "voice", but a person typing "voicechat" would not get "voice chat", and vice versa.. they would, however, hit the "voice" tag still.
Last edited by Orion on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion

Post by Orion »

Pretty minor stuff here, but the icon thing was annoying me for a while :P

--027--
Changes:
- Fixed inconsistent sort order in client when mod is opened externally
- Fixed inconsistency in application name
- Created new Modulus icon, favicon.

-- FUTURE --
- Add 'Cancel' button to mod downloads
- Make use of 'ArtPath' registry setting (oversight/bug)
- Disable form while Allegiance.exe is running
Last edited by Orion on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
fuzzylunkin1

Post by fuzzylunkin1 »

I'm finding if I try to add two packages with the same name, but one has parenthesis at the end the second will replace the first.

Is this suppose to happen?

EDIT:
Both of the files are local. Perhaps it will resolve itself after I upload them.
Last edited by fuzzylunkin1 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
badpazzword

Post by badpazzword »

fuzzylunkin1 wrote:QUOTE (fuzzylunkin1 @ Nov 12 2010, 08:13 AM) I'm finding if I try to add two packages with the same name, but one has parenthesis at the end the second will replace the first.
Sounds like both protect the same files...
Have gaming questions? Get expert answers! Image Image
fuzzylunkin1

Post by fuzzylunkin1 »

badp wrote:QUOTE (badp @ Nov 12 2010, 01:55 AM) Sounds like both protect the same files...
Almost, but one protects two more than the other (IC bases).

EDIT:
Yep, when I upload the rusty version of the High Resolution IC bases I get the following error (after I uploaded the regular version):

Code: Select all

The version of this mod is identical to a mod which already exists.
Last edited by fuzzylunkin1 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
badpazzword

Post by badpazzword »

fuzzylunkin1 wrote:QUOTE (fuzzylunkin1 @ Nov 12 2010, 09:01 AM) Almost, but one protects two more than the other (IC bases).
Okay, but then it's a feature that installing one removes the other :)

By the way, mods have a generated string that Modulus uses to identify mods behind the scenes. If you didn't choose "Create mod" but merely edited an existing one, you didn't get a new identifying string.
Last edited by badpazzword on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have gaming questions? Get expert answers! Image Image
fuzzylunkin1

Post by fuzzylunkin1 »

badp wrote:QUOTE (badp @ Nov 12 2010, 02:12 AM) Okay, but then it's a feature that installing one removes the other :)

By the way, mods have a generated string that Modulus uses to identify mods behind the scenes. If you didn't choose "Create mod" but merely edited an existing one, you didn't get a new identifying string.
Sure, it's a feature but if I can only upload one to the website for people to download . . . there is only one available. I am 95% sure I didn't edit one and change it a little.

I'll play around with it a little and see what I can make happen.

EDIT:
Either way, I've got about 19 packages waiting to be approved :P .

I'm gonna update them with better descriptions and tags sometime in the near future.
Last edited by fuzzylunkin1 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.