Discussion of Bios changes

Development area for FreeAllegiance's Community Core.
Adept

Post by Adept »

Broodwich wrote:QUOTE (Broodwich @ Jun 27 2010, 12:11 AM) 2 and 6
This would be fine. Does anybody have a ready set of hitbox pictures to scale? It could be a good idea to pick a roughly appropriate sized (read hittable) fighter, and try to approximately match the bios fig with that.

Even if this is not the approach chosen, a full set of hitbox pictures would be a lovely resource. I'd volunteer but my current job has me waking up at 6 AM, and as a result I'm half dead all the time.
Last edited by Adept on Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
Hellsyng

Post by Hellsyng »

Adept wrote:QUOTE (Adept @ Jun 28 2010, 02:02 AM) This would be fine. Does anybody have a ready set of hitbox pictures to scale? It could be a good idea to pick a roughly appropriate sized (read hittable) fighter, and try to approximately match the bios fig with that.

Even if this is not the approach chosen, a full set of hitbox pictures would be a lovely resource. I'd volunteer but my current job has me waking up at 6 AM, and as a result I'm half dead all the time.
Zombie? :o

It would be nice to have one as suggested.
I would do it too if I knew how.
MastaMetz wrote:QUOTE (MastaMetz @ Dec 6, 2012, 10:32 PM)@#(!ternet. I'm a genius!
lexaal

Post by lexaal »

Bios fbs need 40 mins if they get their tech really quick.
You can have hvy ints and force cap them.
You can have sb, which is difficult vs bios, but still a valid endgame.
Or you can get your own tp2.

Don't make them weaker.
Last edited by lexaal on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have a johnson photo in my profile since 2010.
HSharp

Post by HSharp »

lexaal wrote:QUOTE (lexaal @ Jun 28 2010, 10:46 PM) Bios fbs need 40 mins if they get their tech really quick.
Most factions take 40 mins to get figbees, the onyl difference being that other factions need to have an economy to get it. With treasures on Bios are also damn quick at getting gat3/mini3/dumb3/prox3/hunt3/utlcan3/seek3/qf3/boost3/probe3/dis3/empcannon2/sniper2/alephres2/ltboost2.

Mini3 Ints 15mins in are vicious.
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

Sorry....I didnt get up early enough before SRM's squadgame to run some 1 on 1 IC vs Bios DM's as evidence for the suggestion that Bios fighter models should be increased. Its still on my tasklist as is a mini1 vs Basic fighter and Gat1 vs IC Lt Int comparison in ICE. I think most know the result already.
Last edited by Vortrog on Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theTroy

Post by theTroy »

HSharp wrote:QUOTE (HSharp @ Jun 28 2010, 02:08 PM) Most factions take 40 mins to get figbees, the onyl difference being that other factions need to have an economy to get it. With treasures on Bios are also damn quick at getting gat3/mini3/dumb3/prox3/hunt3/utlcan3/seek3/qf3/boost3/probe3/dis3/empcannon2/sniper2/alephres2/ltboost2.

Mini3 Ints 15mins in are vicious.

Actually.. this is a good point... Is the topic about nerfing bios with treasures on, or treasures off? If with treasures on, why not just make it a standard to play with them off when one of the teams is bios? Easier than all of the commotion about nerfing them.

Treasures, tech and cashboxes have most impact on bios faction (less so on belters even I would say), it should be a big enough change to just play with treasures off and judge bios from that.
Thank you parci :)
lexaal

Post by lexaal »

Bios without "treasures off" is very seldom played (like bios on high money or giga with 15+ teams).
I have a johnson photo in my profile since 2010.
Xeretov

Post by Xeretov »

lexaal wrote:QUOTE (lexaal @ Jun 28 2010, 08:37 PM) Bios without "treasures off" is very seldom played (like bios on high money or giga with 15+ teams).
This. Treasures are usually on so thats how we are going to consider the faction.
Adept

Post by Adept »

Treasures off is a good counter to use vs. bios in a SG, but like Xeretov says is very rarely seen othervice.
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
Freyja

Post by Freyja »

Side note; Can we get a settings variable for a 'Low Treasures' option?