EWS

A place to discuss user-created Allegiance 3D models, textures, images, and other visual ingame content.
Horse

Post by Horse »

While tormenting myself with fuel I've made a 72triangle (I hope it's low) EWS model. Tell me if you like it so I know whether to texture it or scrap it ;)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Makida

Post by Makida »

It's cute, but I like the traditional model. It'd be nice if we could have some factions using one version and others the other version, though I guess that'd probably be easy to change in core files if this model was textured and made available... I for one would not want it to flat-out replace the current EWS model, though. :sad:

The spikes look a little more like spikes than like antennae, though... but if they were made too antennae-like, it would look too similar to the Voyager probe. :lol: It's a cute model though. :) With the right texture the spikes could look good too.

Looks kind of Dregh-like, in fact.
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

I would imagine 150-200 triangles would be acceptable for a probe (I'm thinkinng of the big probe spams that people sometimes do atm). I don't know what numbers for sure though.
Horse

Post by Horse »

I should have given you a view from different angles. You missed the backside :P I want the spikes to become solar panels or make them dark and yes, dreg-like camo. Or both things (solar on the inner side, metal tip)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

well, at least bevel the edges of things a bit.

and use the direct imageshack link + [ img ] tags, not the forum code.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Last edited by Horse on Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
id3nt1ty

Post by id3nt1ty »

I actually really like these. Nice work!
"SERIOUSLY, I think you guys would argue about how many wheels a menstrual cycle has if you could." -- fishbone
Makida

Post by Makida »

Oh, pretty! They look more like Teleprobes than regular EWS probes to me, though... But they definitely should be used for something! :P
TheDevil

Post by TheDevil »

Yh i also think they look more like TelePorbes.. :)
Makida

Post by Makida »

NECRO-POST! :D

These look very pretty, and I like them more than the current teleprobe model. Any updates? :P