Map Questions

Development areas for Allegiance core (IGC) design.
zackman0010

Post by zackman0010 »

I have made a map and core for Allegiance to play. Before I try to set up a LAN server to test my map and core, I was wondering if adding the 4th specialty rock, Thorium, would make it unable to be played on the servers. I made a core (I've already discussed my core problems in the core section) that added a 5th specialty mine. Now there is SpecMine He, Ca, Ur, Si, and Th. When I raised the Thorium question in the other thread, he suggested bringing it up here. So will the Thorium make it incompatible with the servers?

For those of you who do not know, I read in the Wiki that Thorium was another special rock like Uranium, Silicon, and Carbon. It was abandoned in the early Beta stages.
Let DO THIS THING!!!
fuzzylunkin1

Post by fuzzylunkin1 »

I actually have no idea, but I'd be willing to help you test it. You can post a link on here and we can also do local testing. If it works well enough we could put it on the beta server (talk to SaiSoma).
zackman0010

Post by zackman0010 »

fuzzylunkin1 wrote:QUOTE (fuzzylunkin1 @ Apr 15 2010, 01:43 AM) I actually have no idea, but I'd be willing to help you test it. You can post a link on here and we can also do local testing. If it works well enough we could put it on the beta server (talk to SaiSoma).
What do you mean 'put a link on here'? Do you mean to say put a link to a place you can download it at? If so, you'll also need the core I made for the map. And what is 'Local Testing'? Sorry for being so clueless, but I'm a newb when it comes to designing.
Let DO THIS THING!!!
fuzzylunkin1

Post by fuzzylunkin1 »

zackman0010 wrote:QUOTE (zackman0010 @ Apr 15 2010, 12:56 AM) What do you mean 'put a link on here'? Do you mean to say put a link to a place you can download it at? If so, you'll also need the core I made for the map. And what is 'Local Testing'? Sorry for being so clueless, but I'm a newb when it comes to designing.
Yes, a link to the map and the core :) .

By local testing I mean a LAN server.
IB_

Post by IB_ »

Last time I tested Thorium Rocks they worked fine. That was a while ago.
slap wrote:QUOTE (slap @ Oct 7 2009, 01:28 AM) good point, I concede.
zackman0010

Post by zackman0010 »

fuzzylunkin1 wrote:QUOTE (fuzzylunkin1 @ Apr 15 2010, 02:39 AM) Yes, a link to the map and the core :) .

By local testing I mean a LAN server.
You and I can play LAN games together? I thought it was only with computers on the same network! Do I follow the same steps as in the Wiki for running a LAN server?
Let DO THIS THING!!!
notjarvis

Post by notjarvis »

zackman0010 wrote:QUOTE (zackman0010 @ Apr 15 2010, 02:01 PM) You and I can play LAN games together? I thought it was only with computers on the same network! Do I follow the same steps as in the Wiki for running a LAN server?
I think Fuzz was suggesting he would test it some on his own network for you, although you could play together using something like Hamachi I suppose.
fuzzylunkin1

Post by fuzzylunkin1 »

zackman0010 wrote:QUOTE (zackman0010 @ Apr 15 2010, 08:01 AM) You and I can play LAN games together? I thought it was only with computers on the same network! Do I follow the same steps as in the Wiki for running a LAN server?
JarvisNot is correct on both accounts. Yes, you do follow the wiki instructions for setting up a LAN server :) . Best bet is to use the latest binaries, which I've uploaded here.
Last edited by fuzzylunkin1 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pkk

Post by pkk »

fuzzylunkin1 wrote:QUOTE (fuzzylunkin1 @ Apr 15 2010, 05:01 PM) JarvisNot is correct on both accounts. Yes, you do follow the wiki instructions for setting up a LAN server :) . Best bet is to use the latest binaries, which I've uploaded here.
FYI: Using R6 server with R5 client for LAN games is a bad idea. There are already some code changes between R6 beta and R5, which produce some wired bugs... ;)

R5 productive download
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
fuzzylunkin1

Post by fuzzylunkin1 »

Well the latest R6 client is the one on Auto update . . . .