My Core

Development areas for Allegiance core (IGC) design.
zackman0010

Post by zackman0010 »

Xeretov wrote:QUOTE (Xeretov @ Apr 15 2010, 06:05 PM) Did you check which artwork folder was being used?
Yes I did. I put my core in the Artwork folder that the Registry was pointing it to.
Let DO THIS THING!!!
TurkeyXIII

Post by TurkeyXIII »

That error either means either it hasn't found the core, or the server's registry entries didn't set up properly. Try it with a few other cores to make sure it's not an issue with your own, and double-check that the core name is in the same case (this might not make a difference). You don't need the .igc extension in the core field.

Edit: pkk uploaded the release version of the R5 server files

http://www.german-borg.de/stuff/Allegiance...0Jan%202010.zip

Unzip that into your server folder instead. Some people have had unexplainable problems with the beta version that's on the wiki. Remind me to update the wiki when I have time.
Last edited by TurkeyXIII on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
QUOTE (Randall Munroe)14.2: Turkey consumption rate of the average American in milligrams per minute[/quote]
zackman0010

Post by zackman0010 »

TurkeyXIII wrote:QUOTE (TurkeyXIII @ Apr 16 2010, 03:51 AM) That error either means either it hasn't found the core, or the server's registry entries didn't set up properly. Try it with a few other cores to make sure it's not an issue with your own, and double-check that the core name is in the same case (this might not make a difference). You don't need the .igc extension in the core field.

Edit: pkk uploaded the release version of the R5 server files

http://www.german-borg.de/stuff/Allegiance...0Jan%202010.zip

Unzip that into your server folder instead. Some people have had unexplainable problems with the beta version that's on the wiki. Remind me to update the wiki when I have time.
Once, I DID manage to get a LAN server set up, but it wasn't with my core. However, when I tried to join the LAN server from my allegiance game, it said something about the fact that the server was newer than my version...

EDIT: I used those files you gave me, but when I added them into my folder, it said Error Code: 0x80070005. I tried running it as an Admin, but then it said it could not find the file!

EDIT2: I did a little expirimenting. I first opened up the Command Window by typing in run "cmd". After that, I typed in, regsvr32 I:\Games\Allegiance\Server\AGC.dll After I did that, it worked.

EDIT3: Using that, I finally got my LAN server working! However, it did not give me the option to choose my core. What should I do now?

EDIT5: First of all, please reply. Second of all, I have set up a website that will alow you to download my Core and Map files. I will provide the link as soon as I get finished setting it up.

Here is the link: Allegiance Files

EDIT6: I managed to get it to work. I changed the real static_core.igc file that the Server was loading. Now the core I had listed as "My_Core" is listed as "static_core". That made it work.

EDIT7: I have tested out my core, there were no crashes. Everything worked out just fine.
Last edited by zackman0010 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let DO THIS THING!!!
FreeBeer

Post by FreeBeer »

As I suspected (your last post confirmed it), you just needed to update the cores.txt file located in the /artwork folder. You add a core by adding that core's name (without the .igc extension) in the cores.txt file AND incrementing the number found on the first line of that file. ie if you have 8 cores listed in the file, 8 must be the number on the first line.)
[img]http://www.freeallegiance.org/forums/st ... erator.gif" alt="IPB Image">

chown -R us base
zackman0010

Post by zackman0010 »

FreeBeer wrote:QUOTE (FreeBeer @ Apr 17 2010, 12:06 PM) As I suspected (your last post confirmed it), you just needed to update the cores.txt file located in the /artwork folder. You add a core by adding that core's name (without the .igc extension) in the cores.txt file AND incrementing the number found on the first line of that file. ie if you have 8 cores listed in the file, 8 must be the number on the first line.)
I do not have any file listed as Cores.txt. Should I create one?
Let DO THIS THING!!!
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

Yes, you have to have one. Check here for information on what it should contain.
ImageImage
zackman0010

Post by zackman0010 »

Rock Raider wrote:QUOTE (Rock Raider @ Apr 17 2010, 03:32 PM) Yes, you have to have one. Check here for information on what it should contain.
No.... I do not........ I ran a search in my entire Allegiance folder and I had no file.
Let DO THIS THING!!!
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

Well just make one. The instructions I linked to will help you.
ImageImage
fuzzylunkin1

Post by fuzzylunkin1 »

You technically only need two lines in that text file:

Code: Select all

My_Core
But you do need it.
zackman0010

Post by zackman0010 »

fuzzylunkin1 wrote:QUOTE (fuzzylunkin1 @ Apr 17 2010, 09:12 PM) You technically only need two lines in that text file:

Code: Select all

My_Core
But you do need it.
I typed that in, but the R5 Server files I downloaded from the link above (not the one with the Cores.txt instructions) are still loading the server_core file.
Let DO THIS THING!!!