Possible nerf to Adv Sup/TP2

Development area for FreeAllegiance's Community Core.
Youngmoose

Post by Youngmoose »

It is obvious that an abundance of asteroids makes a TP2 drop much easier. Therefore to make figbee drops more difficult, why not use a liitle used tech known as the MRM seismic more accessible?

It is currently found in Shipyard. IMHO: dumb. Why, if you have invested so much money in SY would you want to blow up asteroids?

Why not move Seismics to Starbase?

They could then be used to defend against TP2, or deny the enemy that last tech rock they so desperately need.

Discuss.
Join the Dark Side. We have beer. And chocolate milk.
Image Image
_SRM_Nuke

Post by _SRM_Nuke »

Umm, I could be wrong, but isn't there a SRM Seismic in starbase already?
Last edited by _SRM_Nuke on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrChaos to Sharpfish wrote:QUOTE (MrChaos to Sharpfish @ Oct 2 2011, 08:55 AM) Damn there went my hope you died in a couch fire.
spideycw

Post by spideycw »

This topic should now be used to discuss how Yungmoose is an idiot and couldn't read the MOTHER$#@!ING STICKY. I have bolded everything that would have prevented such foolishness.
Psychosis wrote:QUOTE (Psychosis @ Jan 24 2010, 10:39 PM) simple steps to decide whether or not you should post in the CC forumhave you written it down and thought about ithave you asked someone who may know more about it than you for their opinionhave you done some forum research on the topicare you up to date on what is going ondo you have an understanding of balance in allegiancehave you participated in conversation on another topic where someone complimented you on good datahave you ever used ICEhave you ever read the CC changelogcan you list at least 5 people who respect your opinion
Last edited by spideycw on Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm sorry I don't remember any of it. For you the day spideycw graced your squad with utter destruction was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Sunday
Idanmel wrote:QUOTE (Idanmel @ Mar 19 2012, 05:54 AM) I am ashamed for all the drama I caused, I have much to learn on how to behave when things don't go my way.

My apologies.
Drizzo

Post by Drizzo »

_SRM_Nuke wrote:QUOTE (_SRM_Nuke @ Apr 5 2010, 11:57 AM) Umm, I could be wrong, but isn't there a SRM Seismic in starbase already?
You *could* be Wrong but you're not in PK.

I'm sorry you just left yourself open for that.
cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Oct 16 2010, 02:48 AM) Interceptors are fun because without one, Drizzo would be physically incapable of entering a sector.
Youngmoose

Post by Youngmoose »

So Spidey is clear as to how my foolishness happened, I respond to his bolded points:

* have you asked someone who may know more about it than you for their opinion - I have presented it in ingame chat the last 3 times I was playing. Nothing was mentioned about it being in Starbase, but there were comments about it being in Shipyard.
* have you done some forum research on the topic - Sorry. You got me on this one. I have since and noticed that you made the suggestion to Apoch in the summer of 2008. I'm not sure what to think that I have the same idea as Spidey albeit 2 years later.
* have you ever used ICE - I have. A lot lately. My problem stems from the following 2 facts: 1. I was unaware that there was an SRM Seismic. 2. MRM Seismic comes alphbetically before SRM Seismic. I though I had found what I was looking for, but did not look further.
* have you ever read the CC changelog - I do. The change log in question is found here. Please forgive the fact that I missed one line of text from something I read 2 years ago.
* can you list at least 5 people who respect your opinion - I could, but the names would mean little to you. You would most likely make disparaging comments as to their voobishness and general ineptitude concerning all things Allegiance. I can however come up with 5 people who think that you are the biggest horse's ass in the community.

To sum up:

* Even Nuke was not certain of this fact, based on his above post. Yet he did not berate or belittle. This says a lot considering the fact that whoring on yours truly is one of his favorite past times. ;)
* In all of my late night commanding voobishness, I failed to recognize SRM in Starbase. I further failed to recognize it while perusing F5 while flying for other voob commanders.
* You had better be able to go toe to toe with Spidey and HIS list of 5 competent commanders, either that or have drinks with him at the local bar at least once a week while discussing old Allegiance war stories a la Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite. Otherwise stay the hell out of his forum unless you want to be mocked by the entire community.
* Go to hell.
Image Image
spideycw

Post by spideycw »

Nuke was not certain of the fact but also did not make a topic on it either.

Seriously - it would take playing any game of Allegiance and hitting "show all" to have figured this out. This doesn't even include all the other options.

Instead of making excuses for why you couldn't figure this out a simple "my bad" would have sufficed.

p.s. Sure your post is an honest mistake made ( I didn't warn you as I do most others ;) ) but if you were in my shoes and have read dozens of posts like this - it really begins to add up.
Last edited by spideycw on Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm sorry I don't remember any of it. For you the day spideycw graced your squad with utter destruction was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Sunday
Idanmel wrote:QUOTE (Idanmel @ Mar 19 2012, 05:54 AM) I am ashamed for all the drama I caused, I have much to learn on how to behave when things don't go my way.

My apologies.
_SRM_Nuke

Post by _SRM_Nuke »

Youngmoose wrote:QUOTE (Youngmoose @ Apr 5 2010, 01:14 PM) Even Nuke was not certain of this fact, based on his above post. Yet he did not berate or belittle. This says a lot considering the fact that whoring on yours truly is one of his favorite past times.
*sigh* $#@!ing humility gets you nowhere in Alleg. My bad. :lol:
MrChaos to Sharpfish wrote:QUOTE (MrChaos to Sharpfish @ Oct 2 2011, 08:55 AM) Damn there went my hope you died in a couch fire.
Youngmoose

Post by Youngmoose »

Fair nuff.
Image Image
One-Man-Bucket

Post by One-Man-Bucket »

Can TF get seismic?
DasSmiter

Post by DasSmiter »

When was the last time anyone cared if TF got seismic?
ImageImageImage
Get over yourselves, don't try to win arguments on the internet where the option of a punch in the mouth is unavailable
"It is not that I cannot create anything good, but that I will not." And to prove this, he created the peacock.