no storyline for ga'taraan fed?

m4gill4

Post by m4gill4 »

Hi, I've been reading the datanet and found what's there to be quite entertaining, but it seems to be languishing a bit at the moment. I've been entertaining the idea of writing some fanfic just for the hell of it, so I went to the wiki to read up on the backstories of the various factions. I was unable to find a backstory for the Ga'taraan federation. If it exists, could someone point me a link? If no such thing exists I volunteer to help create it if others who are more knowledgeable about the overall Alleg backstory can give me a few tips to keep things canon.

I also note the storylines for the Technoflux and the Dreghkar were written by their creator. I assume it is out of respect or other sentiment that these storylines remain unchanged therefore I will diplomatically limit myself to noting that they could be significantly improved but perhaps the community prefers that they not be?
Last edited by m4gill4 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pkk

Post by pkk »

Here it is: :lol:

QUOTE Story Line:
These people, originally from Earth, were sent away by the Iron Coalition almost a century previous to Earth's destruction. They decided to bring their base of operations to a moon orbiting Ga'Taraa IV in a nearby star system called Ga'Taraa (pronounced: "yahtahrah"). They were led by a military leader named General Robert S. Foren (later known as Se'Foren). Foren's main objective was to research new technologies, especially those involving defense and weaponry. Most of the people with him were scientists. Because of this background, the Ga'Taraan Federation is highly advanced, although lacks the reliability that comes with combat tested weaponry and vessels.

The people of this colony had wondered why they had stopped receiving orders from Coalition high command. As soon as they heard of the destruction of Earth, they knew why. The Ga'Taraan Federation was born, 102 years after the original members of the colony landed on the isolated moon, one week after hearing of Earth's demise. The GF then decided it must bring order to the warring factions, and try to form a combined front against the new threats of the Rixian, Dreghklar, and TechnoFlux empires. They knew very little of the human factions, outside the names: Iron Coalition, Bios, Belters, and Gigacorp, and they knew even less of the alien factions, but they were confident in their new shielding and weapons systems. Their ship and base models were old, but with the help of new technologies, they would be able to build them quickly and efficiently, and with (of course) the latest and greatest of GF Technologies.

The current leader, Gen. Francis Ge'Jen (George being his middle name, Jensen being his last), began a program to train all pilots. Unlike the scientists who thought their technology would overwhelm the opposition, the General knew that against pilots who had been fighting non-stop for two years, his simple guards would be utterly annihilated. Mock battles were arranged every day for 4 months for each squadron, the battles were highly realistic and some pilots even needed counseling after the first month. The fighter dogfights were vicious, but capital ships appeared to be Ge'Jen's greatest advantage. The smartest and quickest pilots were then trained to command, trained to think on their feet and take the correct course of action in any situation they should come across.

After 6 months the Ga'Taraan Federation's Fleets are ready. May all other factions be wary.[/quote]
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
m4gill4

Post by m4gill4 »

pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Feb 18 2010, 11:32 AM) Here it is: :lol:
Oh, thanks! I'm wondering what keeps the GTF a distinct entity from the IC? So they were isolated for some time and didn't hear from the IC, but why would we ever see IC ships fighting against GTF? Why wouldn't the GT just reunite with the IC upon reestablishing contact?

Most of the other factions have some chip on their shoulder or overriding goal which is their motivation for the conflict; rixian's goal is religious, giga's goal is $$$, belter's goal is freedom. Each factions motivation is fundamentally incompatible with each other faction; except for the GTF which doesn't seem to have a reason to fight against the IC or Belters that I can see. Am I reading this wrong?
Makida

Post by Makida »

The IC and G'T fought in Zone Game 5. I think the basic idea is that in the atmosphere of general uncertainty, neither side really knew what to expect from the other. All the IC knew was that some unknown threat was coming; and all G'T knew is that the old human civilization had fallen into violent chaos and everyone could be a potential enemy. So both sides were probably too trigger-happy to think much about talking first.
Valiance

Post by Valiance »

I always got the impresion that GT butted in because they felt they could restore order better than IC, Belts or Giga could and are very civilised (I remember one ZG thread saying how they kept within all the human right-type protocols and set up POW camp type things even though all the other factions ejected the pilots they found into space or did crazy stuff to them (Rix et BIOS)
ImageImage
Sgt.Pepper

Post by Sgt.Pepper »

The way I understand the Allegiance background, each faction is in fact fighting for survival. Remember He3 resources are supposed to be scarce (as we well know ingame).
That's why i love canada, best time zone for gaming without the handguns. -vly
Makida

Post by Makida »

But if they worked together they could use that He3 more effectively, and they wouldn't have to waste so much He3 building stuff to blow each other up with!

I say we must start an Allegiance pacifism movement! Who's with me? All that we're saaa-yiiing, is give peace a chaaance!..
MrChaos

Post by MrChaos »

Just have Girly write the story on them he does an awesome job of stringing together a plausible story... just leave out the gender politics :glare:

:lol:

:iluv:

MrChaos
Ssssh
Makida

Post by Makida »

:lol: Nevar! Also the Bios will genetically engineer themselves into a genderless race, the Belters will degenerate into a chaotic anarchy that will teach us a parable about the importance of centralized decision-making in a society, the Omicron Hive will turn out to only have males as non-sapient drones, with all combat and decision-making done by females, and, uh, GigaCorp will collapse when its abused workers organize a union, put the management against the wall, and form a communist state. :ninja:
Last edited by Makida on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
djrbk

Post by djrbk »

girlyboy wrote:QUOTE (girlyboy @ Feb 20 2010, 10:26 PM) the Bios will genetically engineer themselves into a genderless race,
Furtari?