We're Back

The land-based version of Allegiance, under construction.
sambasti

Post by sambasti »

After a grueling hourlong meeting (pretty long by internet standards) the Quantus team discussed such vitally important things like:
How we can speed up the project.Why we don't use quickchats to communicate.And why I can't figure out how to use a basic bug tracker.
Unfortunately, no solutions were found to item 1, and any discussion on item 2 or 3 resulted in useless dribble. Basically, we got nothing done, but development is starting again, with each member of the dev team taking a very political stance in making general, unverifyable promises to work on development more.

:ninja:

:P

Just a status update for all the people who think we are dead, and now after reading this think we will be dead soon.

:D

PS. We actually are moving forward. Slowly, due to life, but behind the scenes things are actually happening, so no need to be sad. If you want the game sooner, help out!
Last edited by sambasti on Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
fuzzylunkin1

Post by fuzzylunkin1 »

:psyched:
MrChaos

Post by MrChaos »

:sad:
Ssssh
GhostMachine

Post by GhostMachine »

trac is your friend, quickchats are for alleg nerds, and dexadrine for number 1! `4
It's a trick, get an axe!

finnbryant

Post by finnbryant »

just so you know: sambasti is more pessimistic than me.

i knew from the start how much work would be involved here, i just decided i would do it anyway. the main reason i think i can succeed is that im in this for the learning as much as the result, so even if it looks like it will never end, theres till reason for me to keep working on it.

the only issue is how many assignments i get at uni, and how long it takes me to write a cover letter (im averaging a day per cover letter atm, dyslexia sucks) :(

also, we did get some stuff worked out for point 1, just not perfect. sourceforge has made us visible to the world in general, if we prove our ability, others may choose to help out. (as an aside, thanks to sourceforge, and sourceforge alone, we are now top on google for "quantus game" so thats a good sign!)

so basically, i need to get the game looking really awesome in screenshots so people might be interested.

oh, and we really need to finish the website...

EDIT: we're on page 11 for "quantus" :D
Last edited by finnbryant on Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sambasti

Post by sambasti »

I'm actually not that pessimistic about it. I realized that wasn't clear, so I added the Edit. Guess I need another one... I just wrote the post like that for comedic value.