Allegiance Cooking School (ACS)?

Non-Allegiance related. High probability of spam. Pruned regularly.
Camaro

Post by Camaro »

1 hot dog bun

1 stick of linguica

Linguica dog!
matri

Post by matri »

Hi all! I see that school I think it's quite interesting :) . I just want to collaborate with tow recipe. They are really simple, but taste really good.

The first is lasagna I've learned from Koln's mother ^^:

1. Prepare the bolognesa:
The ingredients are:
- 1 kg tomatoe souce
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 250 g minced meat
How to prepare it? in a fry pan you put some olive oil, the cutted onion and the cutted colve of garlic. When the onion and the garlic get brown add the tomatoe source and the meat. When the meat has been cocked, I think it lasts 30 - 45 min, you have to add some salt and oregano to make the bolognesa more tasty :) .

2. Prepare the bechamel sauce:
The ingredients are:
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 l of milk
- 2 soup spoon of flour
How to prepare it? again in a fry pna you put some olive oil and the cutted onion. We use some of the milk to dissolve the flour. When the onion get brown we add the milk without the flour. When the milk begin to boil we add the milk with the flour. We have to stay removing the source constantly until it becomes thick.
3. If you buy pasta sheets that needs to be cook, cook it while you prepare the bechamel sauce :) . If you buy pre-cooked pasta sheels, it would be easier :) .
4. Now we have to take a conteiner that we can put into the oven. You put some bechamel source at the bottom, a layer of pasta sheet, a layer of bolognesa and so on until you almost fill the container. at the top you put some bechamel source and a layer of parmesano :) .
5. Put the container into the oven at 200º nearly 15 - 20 minutes :) .

Now the second is sponge cake. I learn this recipe form my father and is also too easy:

Ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- 1 natural yogurt
- yeast
- 1 glass of olive oil
- 1 glass of sugar
- 3 glasses of flour
(I use the glass of the yogurt when I say a glass )
How to prepare it?
You have to mix all the ingredients with the help of a mixer. When the mixture doesn't have any lumps, put the mixture in a contaniner able to be in the oven. You have to heat the mixture 20 minutes at 220º with the bottom part of the oven heating, and thern 10 minutes at 220º with the bottom and up parts of the oven heating and that's it :) . You need the sponge cake to cool before you can eat it :P .

And that's it. I hope you like them. And sorry for my english, I know it isn't the best :unsure:
fuzzylunkin1

Post by fuzzylunkin1 »

[Disclaimer name="I know almost nothing about this stuff"]
So I was being lazy and didn't want to go to the grocery store to buy anything. I had a ton of ramen and some very basic other stuff.

Shiz' barbeque sauce made me hungry and I decided I wanted to make it. So I searched my kitchen for anything remotely like what he used and came up with this:

1/2 cup Dr Pepper
1/2 cup ketchup
1/8 cup lemon juice (not fresh)
1/8 cup lime juice (not fresh)
1 packet of soy sauce (the small ones you get from chinese restaurants)
1 tbspn syrup

Mix it together, etc etc. I put it on the stove for a minute or two to get the ketchup mixed in better. Of course change the quantities as you need.

Cool! It's very sweet but I like it :) . Now what to do with it? Got almost nothing at the moment, but all that ramen . . . .

I decided to soak the ramen noodles (ditch the flavoring packet) in the sauce + a little extra water overnight in the fridge (flipped once). It probably doesn't have to be overnight but I ended up starting on it rather late.

Got home and tossed it in a frying pan, dumping the excess sauce on top of course, stirred it up for about five minutes. Now I have hot, tasty barbeque-ish noodles!
[/Disclaimer]
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

Sweeter bbq sauces go quite well on chicken. Even as a dipping sauce for chicken fingers and from frozen things like that works well.
LANS

Post by LANS »

So you've heard of chain mail? Thanks to the wonder of sourdough, I got chain bread. My friend gave me a bag of it.
As long as you feed it milk and sugar, and don't bake all of it, it just keeps growing. And thanks to the magic of exponential reproduction, I'm required to either bake enough cinnamon loaf weekly to feed my family for a week, or toss it. Freezing part of it helps, but its hard to balance how much I keep growing in proportion to how much I want to bake, which isn't much.
ImageImage
Broodwich

Post by Broodwich »

i did this with pizza dough for a while till i got sick of growing it. To slow down the process you can keep it in the fridge. I'm not sure how well it will keep in the freezer, the one time i tried it when i baked it it didnt rise
QUOTE Drizzo: ha ha good old chap
Drizzo: i am a brit
Drizzo: tut tut
Drizzo: wankarrrrrr
Drizzo: i only have sex whilst in the missionary position[/quote] Fas est et ab hoste doceri - Ovid
Icky

Post by Icky »

Made this for the first time this weekend, and it was amazing.

Low Country Boil

2-4# Uncooked unpeeled shrimp
Dozen or so red potatoes - whole/unpeeled
6 ears corn - cut in half or thirds depending on size
2 # Sausage (preferably something smoked), sliced into 2-inch sections
Old Bay Seasoning
Crab boil (liquid seasoning)

Get a big ass pot, and put a lot of water in it. I used a 12 qt pot with 8qts of water. Season water very generously with old bay and crab boil. Bring to a boil.

Once boiling, add potatoes and sausage. Let those cook about 20 mins on medium (make sure it keeps boiling).

After 20 mins, toss in the corn. Let corn cook 10 mins.

Toss in the shrimp and let cook about 3 mins or til done.

Drain (reserve some of the water if you like for dipping bread into!), and serve.

Makes a @#(!load of delicious food very easily.
Terran wrote:QUOTE (Terran @ Jan 20 2011, 03:56 PM) i'm like adept
Broodwich wrote:QUOTE (Broodwich @ Jun 6 2010, 10:19 PM) if you spent as much time in game as trollin sf might not be dead
LANS

Post by LANS »

Broodwich wrote:QUOTE (Broodwich @ Jun 7 2010, 12:25 PM) i did this with pizza dough for a while till i got sick of growing it. To slow down the process you can keep it in the fridge. I'm not sure how well it will keep in the freezer, the one time i tried it when i baked it it didnt rise
From my experience it freezes just fine, at least the stuff I've got. Its got a low enough water content that it doesn't die.
ImageImage
doodeeda

Post by doodeeda »

wow lol xD
Doo Dee Daa
Broodwich

Post by Broodwich »

Raveen wrote:QUOTE (Raveen @ Feb 4 2010, 06:29 AM) Squad Leader's Coronation Chicken - Approved of by SLs of RT and SF (and some plebs but they hardly count do they?)

I fancied making Coronation chicken but there's about a million different recipes on the web so I made up my own as I went along.

600g Chicken breast cut into small cubes (think 1/2" cubed or smaller)
300g ish Mayo
1 Onion finely diced
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp Mild Curry powder (possibly more)
1 tbsp Tikka marinade powder
Apricot Jam (yes, honestly)
Fresh Parsley

Dice the chicken and put in a bowl to marinade with the Tikka stuff and some oil. I only marinaded for an hour or so but I'd leave it over night ideally.
Cook the chicken on a griddle.
Chop the onion and fry seperately until soft.
Add the crushed garlic.
Stir in the curry powder.
Add the cooked chicken and mix well together. Then leave the whole thing to cool.

In a mixing bowl mix the Mayo with 2-4 tsps Apricot Jam. I know this sounds weird but it's a lot less faff than adding chopped fresh apricot. Basically add jam to taste and really really don't overdo it.

Add the cold chicken to the mayo and stir in. You may need to add more mayo to get a good consistency and more jam to taste.

You can now set this aside whilst your guests drive down from Manchester about 4 hours later than intended.

Cook some basmati rice with a healthy pinch of saffron in the water and allow to cool once cooked.

Just before serving chop a good tbsp of fresh parsley and add to the chicken. Serve with the rice.
im trying to make this but cant find tikka powder anywhere, or even anyone whos heard of it (not even caddy!!)
is there a substitute or something similar you would suggest?
QUOTE Drizzo: ha ha good old chap
Drizzo: i am a brit
Drizzo: tut tut
Drizzo: wankarrrrrr
Drizzo: i only have sex whilst in the missionary position[/quote] Fas est et ab hoste doceri - Ovid