Allegiance Cooking School (ACS)?

Non-Allegiance related. High probability of spam. Pruned regularly.
dusanc

Post by dusanc »

@ mashed potatoes:
We cook it unpeeled here
peel it
mash
some butter
1-2cups milk,
2-3 squeezed garlic pieces ( can't remember the correct word :) )
salt and pepper
some herbs :)
Mash a little more

@baked potatoes
Halves of potatoes (small to mid) baked in oven with bacon on top so that bacons juice gets into potatoes :)
Salted before baking.
When you peel potatoes, make bottom of halves flat ofc :) .
Some like to make a little cross over the top so that juice gets in the potato.
- "History repeats itself for a reason" - "It's easy to cry for war when you've never experienced it" - "It's better to negotiate for 10 years then make war for 10 days" - "The strong do as they will, and the weak do as they must"
omegahero

Post by omegahero »

god discovering this thread at 1.25am turns feeling peckish into full-blown hunger :sad:

sigh as an asian i dont cook that much with cheese or oven.. cant make half of these
BlackViper

Post by BlackViper »

Elk Chili results. I made up a 'standard chili' using ground Elk meat. Meat should have been precooked in a pressure cooker. I just browned it. It was a bit tough. By the fourth reheating it did breakdown nice.

So yes, if you can get your hands on ground Elk, try it. Flavor was awesome!
Always in the Shadows...
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

Sounds like a pretty tough meat, perhaps crockpot action would help it out.
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

Bogged With Cow Parsnip (brazilian food, not suggested for weak ppl).

Ingredients

-1 And 1/2kg rib of beef fat (can be made with
flank)
-1 And 1/2kg Peruvian bark
-6 Gdes teeth of garlic, finely chopped
-1 Gde chopped onion
-1 And 1 / 2 package of soup rib
-1 / 2 teaspoon sugar
-4 Tablespoons of soybean oil
-Black pepper, basil and rosemary to taste
-1 Liter of boiling water
-Salt to taste
Parsley, to taste

How to prepare

Peel the carrot and set aside. Clean the ribs by removing the fat, reserve. In a saucepan heat the oil until it reaches a temperature hot. Play the sugar and fry until it becomes dark, throw the ribs and fry until nicely brunette, add garlic and stir until you feel the fragrance of garlic. Then add the onion and remains constant stirring. When well mixed, gradually add the water, packets of soup rib, black pepper, the basil and rosemary (chopped), try to check the salt (if missing add up to make the point), cover the pan and cook for about 50 min (if the meat is good is already cooked, but again to fire another 15 min.). After this time, open the penela and make sure the rib is at the point (should be cooked but not dropping the bone). Add the carrot and cook for another 07 minutes, until tender. Serve with rice and polenta (sprinkle with parsley, is a delight).
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

Oxtail

Ingredients

- 2kg oxtail
- 6 tablespoons (soup) of oil
- 2 bunches watercress
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes chopped
- 1 / 2 bunch of parsley
- Salt to taste
- 2 cubes of bouillon crumbled
- Water (enough to cover the meat)
- 4 large potatoes cut into four
- 2 red peppers cut into wide strips

How to prepare

Scald and wash the tails of beef and remove all fat. In a saucepan, place the oil and brown the garlic. Place the oxtail and fry for about 25 minutes. Add the chopped onion, tomatoes, parsley, salt, cubes of beef and hit the salt. Stir for 5 minutes and put the water to cover meat. If in a pressure cooker, the cooking time is 40 minutes, if open pot, about 3 hours each. Before you finish cooking, add the potatoes and cook. In the end, add the watercress and leave for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and garnish with strips of peppers.

Well I just noticed I didnt put any of my recipes over here. Now you have 2...tell me if you liked em and I shall post more.
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
BlackViper

Post by BlackViper »

Archangelus wrote:QUOTE (Archangelus @ Mar 13 2010, 11:12 AM) Bogged With Cow Parsnip (brazilian food, not suggested for weak ppl).

Ingredients

-1 And 1/2kg rib of beef fat (can be made with
flank)
-1 And 1/2kg Peruvian bark
-6 Gdes teeth of garlic, finely chopped
-1 Gde chopped onion
-1 And 1 / 2 package of soup rib
-1 / 2 teaspoon sugar
-4 Tablespoons of soybean oil
-Black pepper, basil and rosemary to taste
-1 Liter of boiling water
-Salt to taste
Parsley, to taste

How to prepare

Peel the carrot and set aside. Clean the ribs by removing the fat, reserve. In a saucepan heat the oil until it reaches a temperature hot. Play the sugar and fry until it becomes dark, throw the ribs and fry until nicely brunette, add garlic and stir until you feel the fragrance of garlic. Then add the onion and remains constant stirring. When well mixed, gradually add the water, packets of soup rib, black pepper, the basil and rosemary (chopped), try to check the salt (if missing add up to make the point), cover the pan and cook for about 50 min (if the meat is good is already cooked, but again to fire another 15 min.). After this time, open the penela and make sure the rib is at the point (should be cooked but not dropping the bone). Add the carrot and cook for another 07 minutes, until tender. Serve with rice and polenta (sprinkle with parsley, is a delight).
What is Peruvian bark?
Always in the Shadows...
Duckwarrior

Post by Duckwarrior »

I have 12 juicy sardines in my fridge.

I usually just gut and bone them, then toss them in flour, salt, pepper & a little cayenne, and grill them.

Serve them with some nice crusty bread and a tomato salsa.

Anyone got another suggestion for me?
Last edited by Duckwarrior on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable. John F. Kennedy.
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

BlackViper wrote:QUOTE (BlackViper @ Mar 13 2010, 06:33 PM) What is Peruvian bark?
Its like cassava, just smaller. But you can use either.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

I am going to be trying curry for the first time tomorrow. Was originally supposed to be pad thai but that's a bit too involved for my first foray into Thai so I'll cut short.

Only one other cook in our gaming group and she's not very good =/
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.