Happy New Maps!

A place to discuss custom maps played by the community.
juckto

Post by juckto »

How about if the home sectors are moved down one? Sure, whoever gets low will have an advantage, but at least the loser can easily get miners out high.

Or even that and remove two alephs to the foot.

Res3 doesn't damage asteroids. I really don't see how nuking your own sector can make it 'indefensible', apart from obviously killing all your own defenders ... in which case you boot the idiot doing it.
Last edited by juckto on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Usually though, "skill" is used to covertly mean "match the game exactly to my level of competence." Anyone who is at all worse than me should fail utterly (and humorously!) and anyone better is clearly too caught up in the game and their opinions shouldn't count.
IB_

Post by IB_ »

Other than juckto making last minute changes the maps are ready for AU, I'll try and get a final version of it and then get them sent off to TE.
slap wrote:QUOTE (slap @ Oct 7 2009, 01:28 AM) good point, I concede.
SaiSoma

Post by SaiSoma »

IB_ wrote:QUOTE (IB_ @ Jan 7 2010, 01:29 PM) Other than juckto making last minute changes the maps are ready for AU, I'll try and get a final version of it and then get them sent off to TE.
can you email them to me too? for beta? saisoma@gmail.com
IB_

Post by IB_ »

I'm actually planning on a few more minor edits myself and maybe some name changes, but here is a preview of the current standings:

zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

juckto wrote:QUOTE (juckto @ Jan 6 2010, 10:30 PM) How about if the home sectors are moved down one? Sure, whoever gets low will have an advantage, but at least the loser can easily get miners out high.

Or even that and remove two alephs to the foot.
I like that second change. It makes it more difficult to take middle.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
lexaal

Post by lexaal »

Hey I totaly don't understand the awesome-map could you describe in a few sentences what's going on?

P.S. Escher is removed? Where's Star IO or HighHigher?
I have a johnson photo in my profile since 2010.
IB_

Post by IB_ »

Awesome comes from Beez who said the more connected a map is the more awesome it would be. I want to test that theory and see if a good game can be played on such a map. Escher is gone for now. Star, IO and Hihi are all hardcoded maps, this just deals with custom maps.
spideycw

Post by spideycw »

Obsidian 2 is single ring
Aces Cubed is single ring
Last edited by spideycw on Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm sorry I don't remember any of it. For you the day spideycw graced your squad with utter destruction was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Sunday
Idanmel wrote:QUOTE (Idanmel @ Mar 19 2012, 05:54 AM) I am ashamed for all the drama I caused, I have much to learn on how to behave when things don't go my way.

My apologies.
IB_

Post by IB_ »

I think aarm did the latest update without adding the maps.txt. I've been waiting a few hours for him to come back so I could finish the changes.
Mryddlin

Post by Mryddlin »

IB just wanted to say that I am loving the new maps, very refreshing to play and the fact that most require different tactics is making each map a very different game.

Cheers!
Hyro wrote:QUOTE (Hyro @ Feb 22 2010, 01:08 PM) You grasp subtlety like a quadriplegic grasps his dick. Never or with grudging help.