the editing floor

refill

Post by refill »

Hello

I just cannot make my mind up about where to post this. Please can someone take a peek over this & ok the content?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLp4trmNzWg

Looking forward to any help making sure it is the right info I am giving.

p.s. anyone can hack, snip, copy or deride my work...you are welcome. Please have annotations on!!
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

I thought it was very well done. Shame the video quality is poor because if it was sharp it'd be superb as a training tool.
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
Cortex

Post by Cortex »

Definitely recorded in a too high resolution. I guess 800x600 would work better. (Even if you have an LCD with a higher resolution and it therefore looks blurred to you, the recording is digital and should therefore be sharp.)

I'm not saying you have to start over, though.
This is Sparta. Not spa. — Wurf
refill

Post by refill »

Ta for the replies so far gents.

I have tried to lower the res but all the settings made everything squished or stretched. It is much easier just to be able to press a button & forget. I guess neither of you have spotted any obvious mistakes or something you think I should have added.
Cortex

Post by Cortex »

In the actual recordings or just on your screen? The fact that your monitor blurs it doesn't matter if the grabbing tool (e.g. fraps) picks up the original image earlier on the line, before it's rescaled.
refill

Post by refill »

It is a balancing act Cort (love CortUI btw :iluv: ), I like being able to just hit record in my normal game and capture that "moment". Every time in the past when I went through the effort of lowering my res and setting up everything I never managed to capture anything worth saving lol!!

I will give it a further go Cortie, ta m8y. I think I have the money shot that the marketing department has been looking for. It is called "a scouts life".
Last edited by refill on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cortex

Post by Cortex »

Point taken on capturing whenever the situation arises.
MrChaos

Post by MrChaos »

Refill

If this is meant for someone new then Im thinking the video needs to be done with the default set up since if Im new that view is going to confuse me some since everything is new to me and wtf is that stuff.

Some further explaining maybe about

Why your sitting on the aleph instead of rushing back to the bomber
Your ships are ramming their own bomber
What your ship's role is during the bomber run, no explaining the rich caramel center of a nan
Tips for success on improving one's chances or maybe why trying to bomb was dicey

I guess it's more along the lines of what the intentions of the video actually are to tailor some comments.

I like the pop ups to help explain stuff.
I also miss the singing ships :lol:
Points for the scouts life video to the Bennie Hill theme music

MrChaos
Ssssh
refill

Post by refill »

MrC,

Many many thanks for your's and Cort's kind words of advice. Yes I see your point about how my current setup will confuse the newbie. I will redo the scene again with a stock setup and drop the video description as I now know that I am the only person to ever read them before watching a video.

I was hoping that I could just rewrite the annotations to better suit a newbie, but after taking on the advice I have been given. The quality is so low it seems that I am just wasting my time tweaking it.

Those annotations are a handy feature, (Thanks Death for showing me the way) and I intend to use them as often as possible.

Did I ever show you my singing Weedster lol!!!! Funniest yet... (one day I will release it on the public) :lol:

Refill.... (How many of you see my name each & every day & think of me?)....peace. :cool:
MrChaos

Post by MrChaos »

refill wrote:QUOTE (refill @ Dec 10 2009, 07:20 AM) MrC,

Many many thanks for your's and Cort's kind words of advice. Yes I see your point about how my current setup will confuse the newbie. I will redo the scene again with a stock setup and drop the video description as I now know that I am the only person to ever read them before watching a video.

I was hoping that I could just rewrite the annotations to better suit a newbie, but after taking on the advice I have been given. The quality is so low it seems that I am just wasting my time tweaking it.

Those annotations are a handy feature, (Thanks Death for showing me the way) and I intend to use them as often as possible.

Did I ever show you my singing Weedster lol!!!! Funniest yet... (one day I will release it on the public) :lol:

Refill.... (How many of you see my name each & every day & think of me?)....peace. :cool:
Always a pleasure discussing things with you brother since you seem them as suggestions rather then someone trying to run over your epeen with a lawnmower

Well if you get the planets to align right why don't you jut stage a few runs, film them for later editing. Maybe use ours or another squad's practice session since a "real" game isn't usually the goal. If you want a don't be a dumb Donald like this pilot example, I'll be happy to lend my support (won't be hard :lol: ) using my hider chapucero = shoddy in spanish. My being able to commit to being there of course.
Ssssh