Dreghklar ships

A place to discuss user-created Allegiance 3D models, textures, images, and other visual ingame content.
TheCorsair

Post by TheCorsair »

Icky wrote:QUOTE (Icky @ Nov 23 2010, 10:45 PM) I was going for a sports analogy that everyone would get. My first choice was baseball but I'm guessing Babe Ruth (Weed) and Ty Cobb (Shiz) wouldn't mean as much to non-Americans.
Heard of Babe Ruth.. not Ty Cobb... totally understood the Boxing analogy and made me lol
"Neither east nor west" Image
UNITED FOREVER IN FRIENDSHIP AND LABOUR
"The clouds are fleeting over every country, we stand fast, for no kind of rain will take away our smiles."
TurkeyXIII

Post by TurkeyXIII »

From left to right:
IC bomber at CC_10 scale, quizint at 1.2 times the length of IC int, dreg int at CC_10 scale, IC int at CC_10 scale.

Because quiz's int model has such a long nose, the scale value in ICE has to be increased fairly significantly. I eyeballed a value which seems to put the tail configuration at about the same size as the old dreg int, but with a much longer nose. However it's still only 2/3 the length of the bomber and quite a bit slimmer - if necessary, it could be increased further.
QUOTE (Randall Munroe)14.2: Turkey consumption rate of the average American in milligrams per minute[/quote]
Dorjan

Post by Dorjan »

Spot on Turkey, that looks like a monster int! (which is epic since that is what dreg is meant to be like)

GJ

and from the looks of it, that will be easy enough to hit :)
Last edited by Dorjan on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I decided to relive the days gone by in my new blog.
---
Remember, what I say is IMO always. If I say that something sucks, it actually means "I think it sucks" OK?
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Jan 31 2012, 03:09 PM) True story.

Except the big about dorjan being jelly, that's just spidey's ego.
ImageImage
Adept

Post by Adept »

TurkeyXIII wrote:QUOTE (TurkeyXIII @ Nov 23 2010, 02:30 PM)

From left to right:
IC bomber at CC_10 scale, quizint at 1.2 times the length of IC int, dreg int at CC_10 scale, IC int at CC_10 scale.

Because quiz's int model has such a long nose, the scale value in ICE has to be increased fairly significantly. I eyeballed a value which seems to put the tail configuration at about the same size as the old dreg int, but with a much longer nose. However it's still only 2/3 the length of the bomber and quite a bit slimmer - if necessary, it could be increased further.
Great start Turkey. You're the man! This is exactly the right approach :iluv:

To get even more exact we need to check the hitbox area from up front (doesn't have to be by the square inch, but roughly at least). IC int is somewhat more hittable than it looks like, and Rain also made the various spikes on the Hanta & Quiz int pretty wide.

Sorry about getting a bit prickly earlier on. I guess some people aren't quite as sick of the absolutely horrible Dreg models as I am :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
Quiz

Post by Quiz »

TurkeyXIII wrote:QUOTE (TurkeyXIII @ Nov 23 2010, 01:30 PM)

From left to right:
Thank you Turkey, if the int proves too elongated it shouldnt be a problem to shorten it a bit. At that size its hitablity(?) doesnt seem like a problem.
Adept

Post by Adept »

Quiz wrote:QUOTE (Quiz @ Nov 23 2010, 04:33 PM) Thank you Turkey, if the int proves too elongated it shouldnt be a problem to shorten it a bit. At that size its hitablity(?) doesnt seem like a problem.
You'll get an epic facepalm from Rain, but it can of course be done. Just not quite as easy as you may think, with having to fix the texture and the hitbox.

Ask for it only if it's a problem.
Quiz

Post by Quiz »

Adept wrote:QUOTE (Adept @ Nov 23 2010, 03:34 PM) You'll get an epic facepalm from Rain, but it can of course be done. Just not quite as easy as you may think, with having to fix the texture and the hitbox.

Ask for it only if it's a problem.
:o
DasSmiter

Post by DasSmiter »

Hey hey turkey thanks for doing this up for us, looks cool

Could you give is a sideways comparison and a topside comparison as well? I just wanna make sure it's not a fully operational battle barge from the any of the other angles (also a rear view would be nice)

And if you could let me in on the secret to these shenanigans that would be cool. All I know is "Make a LAN server hosting the core with the new .mdl and then join it with multiple clients on the same computer." It would be cool to know if that's right (and if it is right is it easy enough to do for anyone willing to test?).
ImageImageImage
Get over yourselves, don't try to win arguments on the internet where the option of a punch in the mouth is unavailable
"It is not that I cannot create anything good, but that I will not." And to prove this, he created the peacock.
TurkeyXIII

Post by TurkeyXIII »

DasSmiter wrote:QUOTE (DasSmiter @ Nov 24 2010, 01:54 AM) And if you could let me in on the secret to these shenanigans that would be cool. All I know is "Make a LAN server hosting the core with the new .mdl and then join it with multiple clients on the same computer."
That's all there is to it. I removed most of the pres from the ships so I didn't have to research anything and you'll need -multi on the client. Quiz's neat little .zip file has everything necessary to throw it straight into a core.
QUOTE (Randall Munroe)14.2: Turkey consumption rate of the average American in milligrams per minute[/quote]
Adept

Post by Adept »

Turkey, can you snap side pictures please? If you can be arsed, do this.

go to 100m of the ship. Zoom in to max. Take snapshot from side, front, top.

If you can take such pictures of

* IC int
* Old Dreg int
* New Dreg int

we'll be all set to calculate the scale.