Dreghklar ships

A place to discuss user-created Allegiance 3D models, textures, images, and other visual ingame content.
DasSmiter

Post by DasSmiter »

Biggest issue with the close mapped hitboxes is the thin front half (on the int at least).

You're basically putting the majority of the hitbox on the aft o' the wessel

We will have to organize some tests on it
ImageImageImage
Get over yourselves, don't try to win arguments on the internet where the option of a punch in the mouth is unavailable
"It is not that I cannot create anything good, but that I will not." And to prove this, he created the peacock.
Quiz

Post by Quiz »

It isnt that flat actually:

Adept

Post by Adept »

It looks fine, balance is just a question of scaling it correctly.

If you want to start thinking about balance Smiter, think about proper gunmount placement to replace the current sillyness. The int's guns should at the very least be dropped a bit, I think, and the fig just plain needs mounts rather than 3 gatlings welded on the same pixel.
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
TheCorsair

Post by TheCorsair »

Well whatever you do consider those players who don't have the luxury to play on a green ping server.. specifically 230 on planet and 360 on gpz.. otherwise less people will play, especially from down under
"Neither east nor west" Image
UNITED FOREVER IN FRIENDSHIP AND LABOUR
"The clouds are fleeting over every country, we stand fast, for no kind of rain will take away our smiles."
SumVeritas

Post by SumVeritas »

TheCorsair wrote:QUOTE (TheCorsair @ Nov 22 2010, 03:29 PM) Well whatever you do consider those players who don't have the luxury to play on a green ping server.. specifically 230 on planet and 360 on gpz.. otherwise less people will play, especially from down under
yeah.
Duckwarrior wrote:QUOTE (Duckwarrior @ Mar 8 2017, 09:38 PM) Desert eagle .50 cal from beechcraft bonanza as fly poor people over doctor son beechcraft bonanza trump beef texas ping pong boat 400k doctor son beefsteak good texas cali donald trump hilary dumocrats
DasSmiter

Post by DasSmiter »

I hear the people and lo, I respond!

Gunmounts shall not be moved an inch I say! The people demand same gunmounts delivered at the same pixel just as they always have, and being a man of the people I am more than happy to give it to them
Last edited by DasSmiter on Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Get over yourselves, don't try to win arguments on the internet where the option of a punch in the mouth is unavailable
"It is not that I cannot create anything good, but that I will not." And to prove this, he created the peacock.
Quiz

Post by Quiz »

DasSmiter wrote:QUOTE (DasSmiter @ Nov 22 2010, 06:11 PM) We will have to organize some tests on it
If anyone can help make this happen please do. I have no idea how to.

Maybe we can use the Beta-servers for it? Who operates them?
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

i like dreg. i like ints.

it would be very easy for me to say, awesome, new model, smaller front profile, where do i sign

but i have a conscience, i take pity on fighters who will be committing suicide after a solo reptoid boosts in smokin hot and obliterates everything

i maintain there is a reason microsoft did the hitboxes the way they did
1. it simplifies the cvh so it is not complex geometric form wasting processor
2. there are no voids where gunfire looks like it hits, but oh, it doesn't, because you missed by .00001 meters, or your projectiles went between a wing gap
3. makes game less annoying because of 2.

you can make the scale bigger of course, then you have bomber sized interceptors, that sounds dumber to me than just making a simplified cvh with no gaps and allows for a good time, instead of, $#@!. these. hit. boxes.
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

I do agree with Weed. It would be one thing if dreg had the accell and maneuverability of belts, but they don't so a model like that would be pretty tarded.
Adept

Post by Adept »

Weedman wrote:QUOTE (Weedman @ Nov 23 2010, 01:34 AM) i like dreg. i like ints.

it would be very easy for me to say, awesome, new model, smaller front profile, where do i sign

but i have a conscience, i take pity on fighters who will be committing suicide after a solo reptoid boosts in smokin hot and obliterates everything

i maintain there is a reason microsoft did the hitboxes the way they did
1. it simplifies the cvh so it is not complex geometric form wasting processor
Not an issue anymore

QUOTE 2. there are no voids where gunfire looks like it hits, but oh, it doesn't, because you missed by .00001 meters, or your projectiles went between a wing gap[/quote]
If you miss, you should miss. Getting hits when you are shooting at empty space is retarded.

QUOTE 3. makes game less annoying because of 2.[/quote]
Meh. Tastes differ I suppose.

In addition I have an alternative theory to why MS devs did the hitboxes like they did. Connections were really crappy back in the day, but more importantly Allegiance was a bit of a rush job. A lot of it was left unpolished, and the hitboxes certainly seem to be one of the aspects.

I'm a bit shocked to see a person with legendary aim campaigning against good hitboxes. :doh: What you see is what you get... that is what every game tries to do with these... we shouldn't have vague tents and bubbles in Allegiance.

Have you noticed how much nicer GT figs are these days Weed? They used to be retardedly bad for a stupid reason. Now they are ok, and much more interesting to fly and fight.
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept