Dreghklar ships

A place to discuss user-created Allegiance 3D models, textures, images, and other visual ingame content.
Icky

Post by Icky »

Adept wrote:QUOTE (Adept @ Nov 22 2010, 07:20 PM) I'm a bit shocked to see a person with legendary aim campaigning against good hitboxes. :doh: What you see is what you get... that is what every game tries to do with these... we shouldn't have vague tents and bubbles in Allegiance.
I'm a bit shocked to see you disagreeing with both Shiz and Weed about what amounts to not perking ints...

If Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson both agree about a rule in the boxing ring, don't $#@!ing argue.

If Shiz and Weed tell you it's a bad idea to mess with the hitboxes in this way because it would make the ints overpowered, don't $#@!ing argue.
Terran wrote:QUOTE (Terran @ Jan 20 2011, 03:56 PM) i'm like adept
Broodwich wrote:QUOTE (Broodwich @ Jun 6 2010, 10:19 PM) if you spent as much time in game as trollin sf might not be dead
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

GT figs while yes, i will agree they are boxy, and hittable, due to being boxy, and a fighter class ship

remember they do have faction ga hull 1.0 and shield 1.1 whereas many factions have sub 1 hulls

with gt you know what you got, you got figs that are tough boxes and scouts that can combat nan them very easily, nan my box she said to me
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
TheCorsair

Post by TheCorsair »

Adept wrote:QUOTE (Adept @ Nov 23 2010, 11:20 AM) Connections were really crappy back in the day
TheCorsair wrote:QUOTE (TheCorsair @ Nov 23 2010, 07:29 AM) Well whatever you do consider those players who don't have the luxury to play on a green ping server.. specifically 230 on planet and 360 on gpz.. otherwise less people will play, especially from down under
Hmm... well as I understand it from Turkey.. as long as they scale them up it should be ok? I really how no idea about these things. Just know you play on a green ping server and best I can do is 230 on planet!
"Neither east nor west" Image
UNITED FOREVER IN FRIENDSHIP AND LABOUR
"The clouds are fleeting over every country, we stand fast, for no kind of rain will take away our smiles."
DonKarnage

Post by DonKarnage »

If we are going to stick with inaccurate hit boxes, can we have a graphics option to view cvh objects on all solid objects?
It's good to know what can actually be hit on a target, and those false hit boxes on stations can drive a person mad (Curse you GT!)... asteroids too!

I never knew the Rix fig was a giant goddamn kite, now that I do, they're 5x easier to kill.
It is Karnage! Don Karnage! Roll the r!
LANS

Post by LANS »

The new hitboxes have yet to be tested, so we can't say much about them.

I'd suggest putting them in a test core of some sort, getting good dogfighters to DM with them for a while, and then adjusting the hitbox as necessary by filling in gaps and rounding it out. You can still have a reasonably shape-fitting hitbox that is pretty close to the model, and you don't end up scaling the int up to bomber size to balance the core.

The hitbox doesn't need to be model-fitting, but it also doesn't need to be a giant box.
ImageImage
Adept

Post by Adept »

LANS wrote:QUOTE (LANS @ Nov 23 2010, 09:47 AM) The hitbox doesn't need to be model-fitting, but it also doesn't need to be a giant box.
They will be tested.

Guys. The new TF stuff has close mapped hitboxes, and the GT fig has had one for while. This doesn't cause problems in game, and is infact very cool. (TF's hittability problems are from their ridonkulous acceleration. The new int is more hittable than the old flat disc).

Icky, I think Weed and Shiz are so used to the status quo that they hate having to adjust their aim a bit ;) If I can deal with a close mapped hitbox, those two can't have any real trouble with it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
Dorjan

Post by Dorjan »

Actually Adept their concerns are just of different reasonings. If the hit box is done well, and the right size I'm sure they will both like it. They are just concerned this will make the dreg int OP.

So Instead of fighting, lets throw up a test core or whatever is needed and do what he said and TEST the $#@!ing things before we declare them stupid/great.

:rolleyes:
I decided to relive the days gone by in my new blog.
---
Remember, what I say is IMO always. If I say that something sucks, it actually means "I think it sucks" OK?
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Jan 31 2012, 03:09 PM) True story.

Except the big about dorjan being jelly, that's just spidey's ego.
ImageImage
Spinoza

Post by Spinoza »

I hate to point out the obvious, but MS didn't do Dreg... the worst hit box MS made is the Rix fig but only from above/below. From the front, it's only a little worse than the IC fig.
When considering ints usually dogfight each other face to face, all the int hit boxes are ok except the Dreg int.

I think the problem isn't in the hit box really, it's in the wings... small ships shouldn't have wings like the Dreg int. Regardless of the hit box, it messes with your brain visual centers.
The new models are brilliant and should not have much of an impact on balance if the hit box profiles are close to the area they are now.

Re: Icky's Ali/Tyson analogy, you realise you're comparing our top whores to brain damaged meatbags?
Really, you can't get further away from boxing than Allegiance.
I'd like to see Ali and Tyson in an epic four hour match like Spidey and Aarm... what's that in boxing terms, 240 rounds? I think that's more than a boxer is allowed to legally do in a year... :lol:

EDIT:
I second Dorjan's motion to put the new models up on a test core.
Last edited by Spinoza on Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
Icky

Post by Icky »

Spinoza wrote:QUOTE (Spinoza @ Nov 23 2010, 06:19 AM) Re: Icky's Ali/Tyson analogy, you realise you're comparing our top whores to brain damaged meatbags?
Really, you can't get further away from boxing than Allegiance.
I was going for a sports analogy that everyone would get. My first choice was baseball but I'm guessing Babe Ruth (Weed) and Ty Cobb (Shiz) wouldn't mean as much to non-Americans.
Terran wrote:QUOTE (Terran @ Jan 20 2011, 03:56 PM) i'm like adept
Broodwich wrote:QUOTE (Broodwich @ Jun 6 2010, 10:19 PM) if you spent as much time in game as trollin sf might not be dead
Dorjan

Post by Dorjan »

Icky wrote:QUOTE (Icky @ Nov 23 2010, 11:45 AM) I was going for a sports analogy that everyone would get. My first choice was baseball but I'm guessing Babe Ruth (Weed) and Ty Cobb (Shiz) wouldn't mean as much to non-Americans.
Spin is just being picky :P (Instead of "High class respected sportsmen of their field" he took "some-dude-boxers")
I decided to relive the days gone by in my new blog.
---
Remember, what I say is IMO always. If I say that something sucks, it actually means "I think it sucks" OK?
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Jan 31 2012, 03:09 PM) True story.

Except the big about dorjan being jelly, that's just spidey's ego.
ImageImage