Dreghklar ships

A place to discuss user-created Allegiance 3D models, textures, images, and other visual ingame content.
Quiz

Post by Quiz »

A friend of mine who does not play Alleg and I are currently trying to model some new ships for the lizards.

This is our first result an we are hoping to get some constructive critisism. Note: aside from the texture this is not yet finished. Guns and engines among other things will be added.

dingusdangus

Post by dingusdangus »

It looks pretty cool dude. Nice work. Im not totally sold on the red spot/eye/cockpit. I think the look would benefit from some actual polygons there to help define that space, instead of trying to do it all with texture. a raised cockpit area there would also make the profile look more interesting I think.

It should be noted that I am commenting purely on an aesthetic point of view. I know nothing about the Dreg concept or Allegiance model polygon restrictions.
madpeople

Post by madpeople »

yes, the raised cockpit idea, and also, put a row of backward curved spiked down the middle (not large ones)

other than that it is a really awesome first attempt
raingriffin

Post by raingriffin »

i add my appreciation aesthetically. The texture is coming out good too. Well done.
As a little advice from personal experienc, you may want to inflate it a bit, giving it a bit of a bigger profile, like if it had a spine on the back: it's not because i don't like how the model looks, it's just that i think their profile in game could be a bit too slim to make them decently hittable. I try not to be too extreme in my modelling, keeping in mind that people will love flying it cause it's slim, but the other team may complain cause the ship is very hard to kill, which is a perk in itself, and a dangerous one for balance.

That said tho, i think the ship has a very strong "alien feel to it" and the scales and horn fit well enough. Well done again and kudos for the effort ^^
-sing- Just always look on the bright side of life -whistle, bow to monty python's Life of Brian-

Adept

Post by Adept »

New stuff for Dreg?
This looks awesome! :iluv:

I'd like to see nose & rear pictures, but for now it looks spot on. Looks alien, spiky, fast and a bit fragile.
Last edited by Adept on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
Makida

Post by Makida »

Scary! In a good way! I like it. ^_^ I don't necessarily agree with the raised cockpit idea; I think just making the top of it a little less flat (giving more "bump" to the middle stripe with the forward-pointing scales) would be good tho.
Quiz

Post by Quiz »

The engine will have some parts below the fuselage so the profile will be a bit higher for the frontal part. A modelled cockpit will be taken into consideration^^
More pictures tomorrow i guess.

Thanks for the nice comments and good advice. Keep them coming.
Roth

Post by Roth »

raingriffin wrote:QUOTE (raingriffin @ Oct 1 2009, 03:08 PM) As a little advice from personal experienc, you may want to inflate it a bit, giving it a bit of a bigger profile, like if it had a spine on the back: it's not because i don't like how the model looks, it's just that i think their profile in game could be a bit too slim to make them decently hittable.
quote+

You could also give the ship's body a pronounced cone-like curve to it to increase the target area without making it look thicker. I was kinda expecting that to be how it looked from the top and bottom, and was mildly surprised at the side-view. :)

Looks awesome, great job!
AaronMoore

Post by AaronMoore »

This looks awesome! well done!
Deathrender

Post by Deathrender »

$#@!ing awesome!
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jul 22 2017, 05:58 PM) Mini ac gunner mount was removed because somewhere along the lines we had a core dev that said, "I really hate Terran and want him to be miserable." And all core devs ever since have agreed.