Intro + crossnan contribution

R2-FU

Post by R2-FU »

Hey, new on the forums, used to play a few years ago, decided to come back and now this game is actually starting to peak the interest of quite a few people around my campus. I'm seeing what i can do to get feedback from them and possibley see what they say about making the wiki a bit better. So heres the first one

There is no Cross nan page, and currently the only way to understand what it is is if you ask (which most newbs do not appear to do) or read halfway through cadet one. So heres what i figured to write, edit / expand at will.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cross Nanning - Cross Nan - Cross Nanners - XNan

The act of Nanning a Nan that is Nanning something. So for example you're doing a constructor defense run, and you have a constructor, a nan at the usual 150m out, and 2 others roughly 50ft behind that Nan. The two nan's in the back proceed to heal each other and the nan focusing on the constructors which "crosses" the nan fire essentially.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Considering I haven't played long enough i don't know if theres more in depth strategy to cross nanning or not, like a formation such as creating a line of nanes so its easier to cross nan (the one behind healing the one in front, one if front dies, move forward) or just a big cluster 150m-350m being the best etc. Coming into this i personally feel it'd be useful for newbs to have a bigger description of this available.
notjarvis

Post by notjarvis »

Perhaps there should be a brief explanantion on the terms and abbreviations page.

R2 - join CDT - it would be worth your while, and there is a good place to ask many questions about tactics etc.
R2-FU

Post by R2-FU »

Cross nanning is an important thing in its own right, because there are its own do's and don't so the abb page should probably list it as well as link it to the section that contain the cross nan. And I post once and already attempt to get recruited? lol. Maybe later, i wanna get better at scouting and learn more of the commander aspect before i consider joining a squad.
notjarvis

Post by notjarvis »

R2-FU wrote:QUOTE (R2-FU @ Aug 28 2009, 09:21 AM) Cross nanning is an important thing in its own right, because there are its own do's and don't so the abb page should probably list it as well as link it to the section that contain the cross nan. And I post once and already attempt to get recruited? lol. Maybe later, i wanna get better at scouting and learn more of the commander aspect before i consider joining a squad.
CDT isn't a squad - its a forum based course which teaches you the aspects of the game. It's my opinion that everyone should take it......

Follow the learning guidefor a good introduction to the game...

You can sign up here.

There is lots of information in there, and all of it is worth learning. While the course is running you are given the oppurtunity to pickup things like this.
X-nanning is a more advanced topic and so should fall within the ambit of CDT.
notjarvis

Post by notjarvis »

Oh and I'd stay away from commanding or asking for command on main until you have a bit of rep as a decent pilot in the community, otherwise many pilots won't fly for you.